Alstom

Code:
NO ESCAPE FOR HUAWEI FROM THE AMERICAN TRAP?
Frederic Pierucci, former senior executive of Alstom of France, and author of the bestselling book, “The American Trap" complained tearfully: How did we get from the world's first to being forcibly acquired by the United States?!

Today, the US Government is eyeing China’s Huawei using a similar tactic.

Don't repeat the same mistake that we made.

Alstom is the brightest pearl in the French industry.  At a glorious time, Alstom did the world's first hydropower equipment, nuclear power plant, conventional island world first, environmental control system world first, ultra-high-speed trains and high-speed trains world first. In terms of energy, we have provided equipment that accounts for 15% of the world’s total installed capacity, totaling 460 MW, ranking second in the world.  Alstom and the American giant General Electric are global competitors.
On April 14, 2013, at JFK International Airport in New York, I (Frederic Pierucci), as the vice president of Alstom International Sales, was detained by the FBI just after getting off the plane. I never expected that I would be arrested in a supposedly free and democratic country such as the United States. I never imagined that I would be prosecuted, then imprisoned on a trumped-up charge based on a vague and long forgotten case in Indonesia. 
What is even more shocking is that when I was in prison, my company Alstom was ruthlessly "dismembered" by the US government.
Alstom, a French commercial giant that once spanned the global power, energy and rail transportation industry, was fined a massive USD772 million by the US Department of Justice.  Not only that, the core business was "compulsorily" taken over by America’s General Electric - a major competitor of ours. The whole plot was secretly hatched behind closed doors of the United States with the knowledge of the Department of Justice to allow the US Government to obtain control of most of the nuclear power plants of France.
When I was initially arrested by the FBI, I had no idea as to what was really happening.  My heart was illusory, naively thinking that since I am innocent, ultimately justice will be served - meaning I would be safe and sound. But in the end, I was shocked when told that I would be charged for violating the US "Anti-Corruption Act" and conspiring to launder money and 10 other counts! If the lawsuit is established, I will face a total of 125 years in prison. It was at that time that I finally realized that the target and goal of the United States was not actually me, but Alstom. The Americans did this so that they could break up Alstom and achieve its long held desire to forcibly take over France’s most valuable company - Alstom.
In the days when I was imprisoned by the United States, I always paid attention to the development of the situation. I always believed that business competition should have an ethical bottom line; that no one can be allowed to trample upon the established business rules and principles arbitrarily - let alone when they are supposed to be world leaders!  However, the ensuing events completely shattered my naive innocence.
On April 23, 2014, in order to force Alstom to succumb, our company's vice president of Asia, Lawrence Hawkins was arrested by the US Government. The next day, Alstom President Berkeley was himself under similar strong arm pressure and forced to announce that he was planning to sell his “pearl on the palm” energy business (70% of its business volume) to General Electric for a mere $13 billion.
Alstom was supposed to receive more than USD10 billion from the sale. However, after paying taxes, JV fees, capital injection, shareholder dividends and debt repayments, what the company ultimately received was close to zero.
With its almighty petro dollar and it’s technical strength, the United States successfully applied a set of diabolical guidelines against other allies and their businesses on many issues of common concern. It centres upon the arbitrary arrest of senior executives of competitors through the use of courts and laws under its jurisdiction, and finally force the executives of its competitors to succumb under pressure to the acquisition of the rival company. The US Government has used this devious method to perfection. Within ten years, General Electric has acquired at least four companies through this method. Alstom is the fifth.
Alstom is likened to our “Huawei” in France, but Alstom was crushed by the United States and finally acquired. 
In recent years, the Chinese Huawei company is also facing the same situation as ours. All using the same tactics, although China’s Huawei is the top enterprise in the field of 5G technology and Alstom is the pearl of the French industry. At that time, at least 4 senior executives of Alstom were arrested. Today you witnessed the arrest of the daughter of Huawei’s founder Mr. Ren Zhengfei, Ms. Meng Wanzhou, Huawei’s CFO.
The US Department of Justice is not independent, but is under the influence and control of powerful American multinational companies. The relevant US laws can be called a tool for extortion. Since 2010, French companies and banks alone have paid US$14 billion in fines to the US. From the moral of two of the Alcatel oil industry in the communications industry to Industrial Bank.
When I heard China’s  Ms. Meng Wanzhou from Huawei being arrested in Canada, I felt that I should tell the world what I knew, especially Huawei, which reminded me of Alstom. I hope they will not repeat Alstom’s mistake. At the beginning of 2019, the book "The American Trap" co-authored by a French journalist and I was published in France, it caused a huge response. This book is my personal experience and it reveals in detail the inside story of the US government's covet tactics of devouring US corporate competitors.
I sincerely hope that our Chinese friends can have a read of my book and make necessary preparations to prevent it from happening. I wish Ms. Meng Wanzhou will be able return to her country as soon as possible, and hope that Huawei can overcome its difficulties. “This is extortion and a complete blackmail."[code][php][code][code]
[/code][/php][/code][/code]NO ESCAPE FOR HUAWEI FROM THE AMERICAN TRAP?
Frederic Pierucci, former senior executive of Alstom of France, and author of the bestselling book, “The American Trap" complained tearfully: How did we get from the world's first to being forcibly acquired by th

Today, the US Government is eyeing China’s Huawei using a similar tactic. 

Don't repeat the same mistake that we made.

Alstom is the brightest pearl in the French industry.  At a glorious time, Alstom did the world's first hydropower equipment, nuclear power plant, conventional island world first, environmental control system world first, ultra-high-speed trains and high-speed trains world first. In terms of energy, we have provided equipment that accounts for 15% of the world’s total installed capacity, totaling 460 MW, ranking second in the world.  Alstom and the American giant General Electric are global competitors.
On April 14, 2013, at JFK International Airport in New York, I (Frederic Pierucci), as the vice president of Alstom International Sales, was detained by the FBI just after getting off the plane. I never expected that I would be arrested in a supposedly free and democratic country such as the United States. I never imagined that I would be prosecuted, then imprisoned on a trumped-up charge based on a vague and long forgotten case in Indonesia.  
What is even more shocking is that when I was in prison, my company Alstom was ruthlessly "dismembered" by the US government. 
Alstom, a French commercial giant that once spanned the global power, energy and rail transportation industry, was fined a massive USD772 million by the US Department of Justice.  Not only that, the core business was "compulsorily" taken over by America’s General Electric - a major competitor of ours. The whole plot was secretly hatched behind closed doors of the United States with the knowledge of the Department of Justice to allow the US Government to obtain control of most of the nuclear power plants of France.
When I was initially arrested by the FBI, I had no idea as to what was really happening.  My heart was illusory, naively thinking that since I am innocent, ultimately justice will be served - meaning I would be safe and sound. But in the end, I was shocked when told that I would be charged for violating the US "Anti-Corruption Act" and conspiring to launder money and 10 other counts! If the lawsuit is established, I will face a total of 125 years in prison. It was at that time that I finally realized that the target and goal of the United States was not actually me, but Alstom. The Americans did this so that they could break up Alstom and achieve its long held desire to forcibly take over France’s most valuable company - Alstom.
In the days when I was imprisoned by the United States, I always paid attention to the development of the situation. I always believed that business competition should have an ethical bottom line; that no one can be allowed to trample upon the established business rules and principles arbitrarily - let alone when they are supposed to be world leaders!  However, the ensuing events completely shattered my naive innocence. 
On April 23, 2014, in order to force Alstom to succumb, our company's vice president of Asia, Lawrence Hawkins was arrested by the US Government. The next day, Alstom President Berkeley was himself under similar strong arm pressure and forced to announce that he was planning to sell his “pearl on the palm” energy business (70% of its business volume) to General Electric for a mere $13 billion.
Alstom was supposed to receive more than USD10 billion from the sale. However, after paying taxes, JV fees, capital injection, shareholder dividends and debt repayments, what the company ultimately received was close to zero. 
With its almighty petro dollar and it’s technical strength, the United States successfully applied a set of diabolical guidelines against other allies and their businesses on many issues of common concern. It centres upon the arbitrary arrest of senior executives of competitors through the use of courts and laws under its jurisdiction, and finally force the executives of its competitors to succumb under pressure to the acquisition of the rival company. The US Government has used this devious method to perfection. Within ten years, General Electric has acquired at least four companies through this method. Alstom is the fifth.
Alstom is likened to our “Huawei” in France, but Alstom was crushed by the United States and finally acquired.  
In recent years, the Chinese Huawei company is also facing the same situation as ours. All using the same tactics, although China’s Huawei is the top enterprise in the field of 5G technology and Alstom is the pearl of the French industry. At that time, at least 4 senior executives of Alstom were arrested. Today you witnessed the arrest of the daughter of Huawei’s founder Mr. Ren Zhengfei, Ms. Meng Wanzhou, Huawei’s CFO.
The US Department of Justice is not independent, but is under the influence and control of powerful American multinational companies. The relevant US laws can be called a tool for extortion. Since 2010, French companies and banks alone have paid US$14 billion in fines to the US. From the moral of two of the Alcatel oil industry in the communications industry to Industrial Bank.
When I heard China’s  Ms. Meng Wanzhou from Huawei being arrested in Canada, I felt that I should tell the world what I knew, especially Huawei, which reminded me of Alstom. I hope they will not repeat Alstom’s mistake. At the beginning of 2019, the book "The American Trap" co-authored by a French journalist and I was published in France, it caused a huge response. This book is my personal experience and it reveals in detail the inside story of the US government's covet tactics of devouring US corporate competitors. 
I sincerely hope that our Chinese friends can have a read of my book and make necessary preparations to prevent it from happening. I wish Ms. Meng Wanzhou will be able return to her country as soon as possible, and hope that Huawei can overcome its difficulties. “This is extortion and a complete blackmail."