Amazing: Pfizer/BioNTech booster shot restores full Covid protection

https://www.theedgesingapore.com/news/co...protection

Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE said a booster shot of their Covid-19 vaccine restored full protection in a large study, results that are likely to bolster the argument for giving a third dose more widely.

A booster was 95.6% effective against symptomatic Covid in the study, which followed 10,000 people aged 16 and older, the companies said on Thursday.
Pfizer shares were 0.9% higher in premarket U.S. trading, with BioNTech gaining 1.3% in Frankfurt.

“We believe boosters have a critical role to play in addressing the ongoing public health threat of this pandemic,” Pfizer Chief Executive Officer Albert Bourla said in a statement. The companies said they’ll share the data with health authorities in the U.S., Europe and elsewhere.

Regulators have wrestled with how widely to use boosters as the fast-spreading delta variant drives infection rates up. Some countries, such as Israel, are using boosters widely. Many others -- including the U.S. and much of Europe -- have thus far come down on the side of a third dose for the elderly and other high-risk individuals. Exactly where to draw the line on who is high-risk has also been a matter of debate.

Half the trial participants got a booster, with five cases in that group over an average follow-up period of two and a half months. There were 109 cases in the group randomly assigned a placebo shot. The booster was just as safe as the original two-dose vaccine.

The trial results show that “booster vaccinations could play an important role in sustaining pandemic containment and a return to normalcy,” BioNTech CEO Ugur Sahin said.

Trial participants got a booster an average of 11 months after their second dose of the vaccine. They were an average of 53 years old, with slightly under one-quarter of the group older than age 65. 

Efficacy of the third shot was consistent across age groups and among people with pre-existing conditions, the companies said.

Making the same cok claims again!

Yesterday, out of 18 deaths, 9 are fully vaccinated!
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

95% which is very gooder. can consider

Glory restored back.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/UyUAAOSwVW...s-l500.jpg
[+] 1 user Likes theold's post

(21-10-2021, 10:08 PM)theold Wrote:  Glory restored back.

Only time will tell!
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

Same shit different name

One thing for sure, booster shots will booster their profit margin.
[+] 1 user Likes mikotan's post

they talk, you believe??
[+] 1 user Likes Bigbluedot's post

Same old story... Full of promises but always under deliver after a period of waning... just like a certain South Asian cuntry

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Galilo_l's post

“We believe boosters have a critical role to play in addressing the ongoing public health threat of this pandemic,” Pfizer Chief Executive Officer Albert Bourla said in a statement. The companies said they’ll share the data with health authorities in the U.S., Europe and elsewhere.

better believe loh

(21-10-2021, 11:16 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  “We believe boosters have a critical role to play in addressing the ongoing public health threat of this pandemic,” Pfizer Chief Executive Officer Albert Bourla said in a statement. The companies said they’ll share the data with health authorities in the U.S., Europe and elsewhere.

better believe loh

Data real or not? Last time also said 95% efficacy then in the end real life data showed efficacy much less than claimed.

I wanted to go last Friday but was hesitant as there are too many cases and I have to take public transport.

Decided to cycle there tomorrow.

My 2nd shot 5 months ago....they should allow me to take booster ...right? They have not sent me sms yet.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(22-10-2021, 06:38 AM)winbig Wrote:  Data real or not? Last time also said 95% efficacy then in the end real life data showed efficacy much less than claimed.

It's because virus mutated to Delta.
If not for delta this crisis would be over already.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

These bludy angmos only love $$$ in the forms of high bonuses n sky high dividends..

BS left right centre...they only tell u the best feature but they did not say 95% efficacy last for first one 2 months only...after 5/6 months useless, need also booster shot n it will go on n on till most country will go bankrupt..

(22-10-2021, 07:06 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It's because virus mutated to Delta.
If not for delta this crisis would be over already.

Now got Delta Plus, etc. 

More mutants on the way!

How come most of the information, they paint until so good?