NASA's chief is worried about China getting back to the moon first

Why does it matter so much that the U.S. beats China back to the moon?

I don't want them to get to the South Pole, which is a limited area where we think the water is. It's pockmarked with craters. And so there are limited areas that you can land on the South Pole. I don't want them to get there and say, "this is ours. You stay out."

The U.S. is part of a lot of different treaties in terms of, you know, sharing its work with other countries. I guess people in China might hear that and say, "we're concerned the U.S. would do the same."

Well, but we are the instigators with the international community, now upwards of 40 nations ... of the Artemis Accords, which are commonsense declarations about the peaceful use of space, which includes working with others, which includes going to somebody else's rescue, having common elements. ... But China and Russia have not [signed on].

https://www.npr.org/2024/05/06/124924994...-starliner

How does that help mankind?

The neil Armstrong name will be eroded and replaced with a Chinese name in time

Since Chinese goes there so frequent, they should plan a trip to find the American flag and help to straighten it.

Fake new fake news... Tongue

China state of decline riao cannot go to moon one lololololol... Tongue

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth” – Buddha.
[Image: https://i.ibb.co/0hWSqby/wednesday-quote.jpg]

(07-05-2024, 11:13 AM)red3 Wrote:  The neil Armstrong name will be eroded and replaced with a Chinese name in time

It was all fake, he never landed on the moon…that is why NASA never return to the moon after 50 years and now gets worried that China may find out there was no evidence that NASA landed on the moon in late 1960s.

Chang'er and Wu gang already there for thousands of yrs

That's how losers behave.
Bring down China is easier than compete with China.