South Korea to move presidential office from Blue House to Ministry of Defence

March 20, 2022
12:50 PM GMT+8
Last Updated a day ago

By Josh Smith and Minwoo Park

SEOUL, March 20 (Reuters) - South Korean president-elect Yoon Suk-yeol, breaking with decades of tradition, said on Sunday he will move the presidential office from the Blue House to the defence ministry compound, a step estimated to cost US$40 million.

Yoon's plans have met with mixed reactions from South Koreans, as even supporters urge Yoon to limit the inconvenience to people and businesses near the new locations.

Feng shui masters have said the Blue House location was inauspicious. Four of the six presidents in the country's 25-year democratic history have been imprisoned or killed themselves after leaving office.

Outgoing President Moon Jae-in had also said he would find a new office but abandoned the plan for security and logistical reasons.

Yoon said the defence ministry compound is already well equipped with national security and command facilities, making it easy to transition there without compromising security or inconveniencing residents.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacif...022-03-20/

Haven't help SK make money, already help SK spent money. Not a good sign..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..