Amy Khor:Why not bring our own reusable containers and cutlery instead?

Each household can be given 1.

https://www.fairprice.com.sg/product/adv...d_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsPCyBhD4ARIsAPaaRf2Q1UWKX8rocKta5_oArBafwAfnxabXYO-CDmY1ZLzLzdQJvTiXyWEaAt52EALw_wcB
[+] 1 user Likes theold's post

(03-06-2024, 11:59 AM)theold Wrote:  Each household can be given 1.

https://www.fairprice.com.sg/product/adv...d_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsPCyBhD4ARIsAPaaRf2Q1UWKX8rocKta5_oArBafwAfnxabXYO-CDmY1ZLzLzdQJvTiXyWEaAt52EALw_wcB

Mine is still in good working condition lah! Big Grin

(02-06-2024, 08:52 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Let see how many will follow.

I have been bringing my own metal and glass food containers to the hawker centre for ages simply because I do not think it is healthy packing boiling hot soup and fried rice or noodles into plastic bags. I remember following my mom and grandma to hawker centres decades ago when they would bring their own tiffin carriers aka 'tingkats'. 
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

Whenever I go to many of my friends' homes for potluck dinners, we are encouraged to bring our own plates and cutlery to reduce our carbon footprint.

I suppose those who have cars or live walking distance would find it more convenient to bring their own containers. However, people who need to hop on a bus to the Hawker Center will unlikely.

No peace of mind eating out.
Need to clear table
Next what?
Cannot use the toilet ?

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(03-06-2024, 06:28 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  No peace of mind eating out.
Need to clear table
Next what?
Cannot use the toilet ?

Aiyah! She Wayang only

Same like uusal under LHL for the past 15 years

Now under PM Wong, still no change

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(03-06-2024, 04:50 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  I suppose those who have cars or live walking distance would find it more convenient to bring their own containers. However, people who need to hop on a bus to the Hawker Center will unlikely.

This is something those drive car readers in forum never share. If they same no drive take public transport then I say they eco friendly. If they drive already not friendly then pretend take cutlery to say friendly how ironic.

(03-06-2024, 07:10 PM)sgh Wrote:  This is something those drive car readers in forum never share. If they same no drive take public transport then I say they eco friendly. If they drive already not friendly then pretend take cutlery to say friendly how ironic.

The top culprit of high carbon emissions is singer Taylor Swift who travels by private jet. Last year, her total flight emissions was 8,293.54 tons, which is over a thousand times the annual emissions of the average person. Yet Taylor claims to care about the environment. In 2020, she said climate change is one of the “horrific situations that we find ourselves facing right now". 

(03-06-2024, 04:50 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  I suppose those who have cars or live walking distance would find it more convenient to bring their own containers. However, people who need to hop on a bus to the Hawker Center will unlikely.

Many Sinkies who don't drive also find it a chore to bring reusable bags to the supermarket. Imagine expecting them to bring a 'tingkat' to buy food for the entire family.

I think citizens best to dispose her out of parliament seat...
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

(03-06-2024, 07:10 PM)sgh Wrote:  This is something those drive car readers in forum never share. If they same no drive take public transport then I say they eco friendly. If they drive already not friendly then pretend take cutlery to say friendly how ironic.

If you drive a car you can put your plate and utensils in your car boot lah! Big Grin

yes bring along your panty to wipe the table clean clean

(04-06-2024, 11:37 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  If you drive a car you can put your plate and utensils in your car boot lah! Big Grin

Sinkies who own a car should just drive the entire family to the hawker centre so there is no argument about using disposable vs reusable food containers. LOL!  

(02-06-2024, 04:47 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Does she bring her own eggs to fry with ckt too? Thinking

1980s time ok

Next...

Bring your own table and chair.

(04-06-2024, 02:13 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  yes bring along your panty to wipe the table clean clean

Make sure the panties are clean or the tables will become even dirtier. LOL!

Make sure there are no straggly hairs on the panties Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(04-06-2024, 11:37 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  If you drive a car you can put your plate and utensils in your car boot lah! Big Grin

Actually drive car are often rich people

would they bother to save that few $ ?

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(04-06-2024, 02:45 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Sinkies who own a car should just drive the entire family to the hawker centre so there is no argument about using disposable vs reusable food containers. LOL!  

[Image: IMG-20240604-164538.jpg]

Saw this at the back of a coffee shop in jb.
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(04-06-2024, 04:47 PM)Ola Wrote:  Actually drive car are often rich people

would they bother to save that few $ ?

Actually you're right lah! Big Grin They go to posh restaurants got people serve them lah!

[Image: main_48.jpg?ext=.jpg]

paste sanitary pad
and drive properly written on each pad

Microwaveable metal lunch container my spouse spoke about. Would anyone use such expensive utensils to eat in hawker Centers?

Maybe bringing own containers should start with restaurants.

[Image: IMG-1229.jpg]

(04-06-2024, 06:59 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  Microwaveable metal lunch container my spouse spoke about. Would anyone use such expensive utensils to eat in hawker Centers? Maybe bringing own containers should start with restaurants.

I always carry a tingkat or glass containers with plastic covers whenever I buy food home. Besides wanting to reduce my carbon footprint, I also don't fancy eating piping hot food from plastic bags; it's just not healthy. 

Actually, PAP Minister are very stewpig

Just start from all Poly and Unis, that is 8 intuitions

If half would respect her, can save a few hundred thousands per year

(02-06-2024, 05:01 PM)talky Wrote:  i dont mind to bring my own eggs to go to fried carrot cakes ckt stall
do they allow

can amy koh legalise that hawker cant refuse ?
This jiak liao bee from bolehland. Wasting tax payers money. Stupid MIWs don’t know why want this sort of people.