Analysts: 2022 polls may be Anwar’s last chance to become Malaysian PM

https://www.benarnews.org/english/news/m...51602.html

He is 75, still younger than Biden

Johor is considered a key battleground because it is the state with the second highest number of parliamentary seats. Observers believe Johor will be a key battleground in the Nov 19 general election.

Johor state holds 26 parliamentary seats out of 165 There is no guarantee of a repeat performance at the federal level in the upcoming polls, said analysts.

Whatever happens in Johor will have national consequences, while, the enthusiasm of many voters for the opposition Pakatan Harapan has 
Johor's opposition chief Liew Chin Tong said his side is hoping to convince voters, including those working in Singapore, to cast their ballot.

Mr Liew, who is from the Democratic Action Party, said there may be a high turnout if people are convinced that there is still hope in voting and that the country will become better.

Mr Liew added that there will be more emphasis on social media this time, especially after Malaysia lowered the voting age to 18. There are more than 170,000 people in the state aged between 18 and 20 who are eligible to vote.

Pakatan Harapan's, Anwar Johor chapter aims to better performance in Malaysia GE15. The coalition is aiming to retain the 18 federal seats it won in 2018 and could add a few more in the upcoming polls, said Johor PH chairman Salahuddin Ayub.

JOHOR BAHRU: The Pakatan Harapan coalition is setting its sights on winning up to 22 out of 26 federal seats in Johor for the upcoming Malaysia’s 15th General Election (GE15).

If this is achieved, it will be an improvement from the 2018 polls when the coalition won 18 parliamentary seats in the southern state and helped PH clinch a historic victory to defeat the Barisan Nasional (BN) and form the federal government.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/joh...15-3041131

Thursday (Nov 3), Johor PH chairman Salahuddin Ayub said: “We do not just aim to retain 18 parliamentary seats from 2018, but we do have the potential of adding a few more as well.”

He added that Johor is a state that can make a big contribution to the total number of federal seats for PH to form the new government.

“We can even go to 21 or 22 seats, on top of the 18 that we won in the last GE,” added the former minister for agriculture and agro-based Industry under the previous PH government.

Better not let him be ....he is also anti SG....another Satan.

(06-11-2022, 08:34 PM)Teeth53 Wrote:  JOHOR BAHRU: The Pakatan Harapan coalition is setting its sights on winning up to 22 out of 26 federal seats in Johor for the upcoming Malaysia’s 15th General Election (GE15).

If this is achieved, it will be an improvement from the 2018 polls when the coalition won 18 parliamentary seats in the southern state and helped PH clinch a historic victory to defeat the Barisan Nasional (BN) and form the federal government.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/joh...15-3041131

Thursday (Nov 3), Johor PH chairman Salahuddin Ayub said: “We do not just aim to retain 18 parliamentary seats from 2018, but we do have the potential of adding a few more as well.”

He added that Johor is a state that can make a big contribution to the total number of federal seats for PH to form the new government.

“We can even go to 21 or 22 seats, on top of the 18 that we won in the last GE,” added the former minister for agriculture and agro-based Industry under the previous PH government.

Salahuddin outlined that PH can meet its objective in GE15 by first strengthening its base in the southern belt of Johor.

He said that victories in the federal seats of Tanjung Piai, Iskandar Puteri, Pulai, Johor Bahru, Pasir Gudang, Tebrau must be attained convincingly, and the coalition must also look to break new ground in Pontian and Pengerang - two BN strongholds in the southern belt.

Look at Pengerang and Pontian. These areas are an advantage to PH because of our track record and grassroots there,” said Mr Salahuddin, who is also deputy president of Parti Amanah Negara (Amanah). 

Pakatan Harapan comprises the Democratic Action Party (DAP), Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) and Amanah.

PH has also formed an electoral pact with the Malaysian United Democratic Alliance (MUDA) for the upcoming polls.

JOHOR BAHRU: Pakatan Harapan (PH) coalition is setting its sights on winning up to 22 out of 26 federal seats in Johor for the upcoming Malaysia’s 
PH coalition is holding to 18 parliamentary seats.

While Barisan Nasional targets 20 out of 26 parliamentary seats in Johor for Malaysia's GE15. 
Old Umno ground is Pontian and Pengerang - two BN strongholds in the southern belt.

LIKELY TO FACE STIFF CHALLENGE FROM BN
In Johor, PKR will field 11 candidates, DAP 8 candidates, Amanah five candidates while MUDA will be naming 2 candidates.

Johor is one of the states which has not dissolved its legislative assembly for the upcoming general election because it held state polls earlier this year.

Notee- BN cruised to victory in the state election, clinching 40 out of 56 seats, while PH and MUDA won just 13 seats.

(06-11-2022, 04:19 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  https://www.benarnews.org/english/news/m...51602.html

Perak: Perikatan Nasional (PN) Vs Anwar PH

GE15 | While election candidates elsewhere trade furious verbal blows, there is something to be said about the way contenders in Tambun are approaching the campaign period.

Perak Perikatan Nasional (PN) chairperson and Tambun candidate Ahmad Faizal Azumu has launched a barrage of attacks in the form of billboards over the last few weeks.

In his latest attack against Pakatan Harapan boss-turned-rival candidate Anwar Ibrahim, Faizal, also known as Peja, hinted the PKR president should.. Huh

(06-11-2022, 09:58 PM)Teeth53 Wrote:   
Perak: Perikatan Nasional (PN) Vs Anwar PH

GE15 | While election candidates elsewhere trade furious verbal blows, there is something to be said about the way contenders in Tambun are approaching the campaign period.

Perak Perikatan Nasional (PN) chairperson and Tambun candidate Ahmad Faizal Azumu has launched a barrage of attacks in the form of billboards over the last few weeks.

In his latest attack against Pakatan Harapan boss-turned-rival candidate Anwar Ibrahim, Faizal, also known as Peja, hinted the PKR president should.. Huh

https://m.malaysiakini.com/news/641374?d...5cb505e845

Mean well Muhyiddin claims PN is cleaner than Harapan, none on corruption tria

https://m.malaysiakini.com/news/642854?d...3ea5dcb408

LETTER | Honouring Bangi's Ong Kian Ming

Is now no longer a secret that the incumbent Bangi MP, Ong Kian Ming, will not be seeking re-election. As an Anak Selangor...first heard of Ong’s (above) name on the brink of the 13th general election. Back then, I have to admit I knew little about Ong and my knowledge and enthusiasm about politics were somewhat shallow. In this day and age of easy internet access, I managed to glance at his CV and was aware of his academic achievements and committed efforts for the betterment of the local communit

Mr Ong never shied away from Bangi constituents, regardless of their demographic background.

This, to me as a Cheras boy, is a praise-worthy attribute for an MP who came from a totally opposite social background. a Bangi MP

Pakatan Harapan coalition won a handsome victory during GE14. Ong managed to retain his seat comfortably and was appointed to the cabinet post as a deputy international trade and industry, on the ground we in Bangi felt that our elected representative should be someone from the locality and a “fighter”.

Ong’s constituency office is coordinating well with District Health Office in Hulu Langat in supporting and guiding us throughout the difficult season. Bangi constituents.

Ong’s replacement is Syahredzan Johan, to begin with, I would like to congratulate you on the appointment as Harapan’s candidate for Bangi. Ong had set the standard for the level of service for the rakyat... Rolleyes

https://m.malaysiakini.com/letters/64253...e7dcfafb6e

KUALA LUMPUR: Independent candidate Chua Tian Chang, who is among those who threw their hats into the ring for the 10-cornered fight in Batu, Kuala Lumpur, has apologised to Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) president Anwar Ibrahim.

Mr Chua, a former PKR vice president who is better known as Tian Chua, was quoted as saying by Berita Harian on Sunday (Nov 6) that he was contesting in the parliamentary seat as he wanted to serve.

https://sgtalk.net/newreply.php?tid=58936

(06-11-2022, 10:59 PM)Teeth53 Wrote:  KUALA LUMPUR: Independent candidate Chua Tian Chang, who is among those who threw their hats into the ring for the 10-cornered fight in Batu, Kuala Lumpur, has apologised to Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) president Anwar Ibrahim.

Mr Chua, a former PKR vice president who is better known as Tian Chua, was quoted as saying by Berita Harian on Sunday (Nov 6) that he was contesting in the parliamentary seat as he wanted to serve.

https://sgtalk.net/newreply.php?tid=58936

After Tian Chua submitted his nomination papers on Saturday, Mr Anwar said that he will be sacked from PKR for running as an independent.

PKR’s deputy president Rafizi Ramli later said that the party will discuss Tian Chua’s move to contest in Batu as an independent candidate after the 15th General Election (GE15) as the focus should now be on campaigning efforts.

According to the Berita Harian report, Tian Chua said: “I have to respect the president’s power. I understand Anwar’s dilemma, he is forced to carry out the responsibility as president to follow the party’s rules.”

“I really understand his disappointment and I apologise for being forced to do something that saddens him.

“But I wish to emphasise that my friendship with Anwar will not change even a bit at all, although affected by current political situations,” Tian Chua, who is among the founding members of PKR, added.

Dr M is 97 yr-old now.

He still thinks that he can be PM!  Laughing

(07-11-2022, 12:36 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  Dr M is 97 yr-old now.

He still thinks that he can be PM!  Laughing

Being a PM in your country is not the same as being a PM in my country, Singapore.

In your country, it's one, infighting, two, corruption in many forms...and little work done for the betterment of the rakyat's lives.  To be a Msian PM, you need to create a Malaysia where jhks prefer to work in Spore because it sucks staying in their motherland to earn ringgit.

In my country, you have to deliver results if you want to be a PM. You create a Spore where Sporeans don't think it's a good idea to work in your country and earn 1/3.3.

(07-11-2022, 12:56 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Being a PM in your country is not the same as being a PM in my country, Singapore.

In your country, it's one, infighting, two, corruption in many forms...and little work done for the betterment of the rakyat's lives.  To be a Msian PM, you need to create a Malaysia where jhks prefer to work in Spore because it sucks staying in their motherland to earn ringgit.

In my country, you have to deliver results if you want to be a PM. You create a Spore where Sporeans don't think it's a good idea to work in your country and earn 1/3.3.

Need to have Facebook account or not?