Ang Ku Kueh at $3.50 a piece.....worth?

Was reading an article where young entrepreneurs are selling AKKs as high as $3.50 a piece. 

I am never a  fan of this snack. At such a ridiculously exorbitant price, it deters me further from buying. 

There are shops still selling from 50c per piece and they are reasonably yummy. 

Many of these millennial biz guys are pretty aggressive at high pricing. They just want to get rich quickly. 

Would you support?

Sell goreng pisang better. Try selling it at $3.50 per pc. High returns!

We have a mad PAP.

With Diploma grads coming out as hawkers, our CKT will also be $8 / plate.

If Army Khor says they will open restaurants, then it is more acceptable.

[Image: Amy-K-Poly-grads-can-be-trained-to-be-hawkers.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(06-10-2021, 02:05 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Was reading an article where young entrepreneurs are selling AKKs as high as $3.50 a piece. 

I am never a  fan of this snack. At such a ridiculously exorbitant price, it deters me further from buying. 

Many of these millennial biz guys are pretty aggressive at high pricing. They just want to get rich quickly. 

Would you support?

lol BECAUSE SG GOT MANY STUPID PEOPLE...SADLY

Surely got Gum Gong people go buy actually is Youngster nowadays now whose money they spend? Is Your money given to them as allowance as Parents.

inflated price will come at a price. 
hawker selling too high, normal people 
cannot affords to eat, how. people will 
not buy , low paid how to eat. gov should 
look into it. if graduate need to work as hawker, then something is wrongs somewhere . next time surgeon be hawker how, one plate of CKT 25 dollar. All dies

The rate hawker food is rising is really sickening and scary, especially so during this Covid period when times are hard for most people.

Out of nowhere and for no rhyme or reason, you suddenly see your bowl of noodle or rice increasing by 50 cents to a dollar.

These days we see a lot of youngsters selling some "atas" foods at inflated prices. Are they responsible for triggering an increase for other hawkers?

We don't need colourful or well presented foods at HCs. Just palatable wholesome meals at reasonable prices will suffice. Thank you.

Nowadays we are actually paying the cost of the property and wages instead of the quality of the product.

(06-10-2021, 02:05 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Was reading an article where young entrepreneurs are selling AKKs as high as $3.50 a piece. 

Would you support?

sheng shiong's AAk is even cheaper, $1.50 for 5 piece.  Reasonably good.

The ban mian in the other thread also. $8-9. Can buy more than two regular bowls.

Got this at Jurong HC. Big, fat and very fragrant...60c each.

[Image: 20211002-184551.jpg]

Expensive usually nobody will support.

(06-10-2021, 08:01 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Expensive usually nobody will support.

True based on Economics 101 theory. 

But surprisingly  youngish millenials these days will just buy if they look enticing over social media. 
They don't care about high prices.

(06-10-2021, 08:01 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Expensive usually nobody will support.

the youths will support.

(06-10-2021, 06:13 PM)drgn Wrote:  sheng shiong's AAk is even cheaper, $1.50 for 5 piece.  Reasonably good.

Really,  got so cheap ah?
So at 30c each can still make money....those merciless sharks are selling at $3.50 !!!

(06-10-2021, 08:11 PM)cf9 Wrote:  the youths will support.

Yes, absolutely true. 
They will just splurge without second thought.