Ang Mohs working in Singapore

(22-04-2023, 02:58 PM)forum456 Wrote:  let me share on how PAP can improve on it.

years ago, a taiwanese engineer was shocked and asked me why so many foreign PMETs worked in Singapore.
in Taiwan, when there is a new foreign investment which needs skills not available locally, there will be a plan 
to train locals before the investment can be approved. They do not allow the company to mass import foreign PMETs.

In Singapore, PAP allows the company to mass import foreign PMETs when the skills are not available locally.
in one govt IT job program, there were 4000 local applicants applying for 700 vacancies.
in another govt IT job program, there were 800 local applicants applying for 22 vacancies.
It means there is no shortage of local applicants but shortage of training vacancies.

all these problems are created by PAP policy.
Same for any nation except Singapore.  China will even insist on knowledge transfer within X number of years otherwise foreign companies are not allowed to set up shop.  

Yet the idiotic Men in White believe that FTs will train Sinkies out of the goodness of their hearts  Rotfl

(22-04-2023, 07:19 PM)aiptasia Wrote:  Astar has a lot of foreigners and it's one of the few rare cases where I have no problem with as they are recruited based on scientific knowledge and experience of which Singapore has a lack of.

In A-star they cannot find locals to man their jobs, at least some of our locals can satisfy the job specifications............... Big Grin

(22-04-2023, 04:27 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  I know there are some PRs from India working at garment sector as managers.

Gov sectors got many Malaysian also

(22-04-2023, 07:22 PM)aiptasia Wrote:  Do note that I am not anti foreigners en masse.  Only to those that replace Sinkies or deny Sinkies the opportunity to lead in strategic industries such as finance, technology and logistics.

I am not anti foreigners also.. 30 years ago, we have local bankers like Cheong Choong Kong, Lee Seng Wee, Peter Seah running the banks. Now, can you even name one, apart from Wee family of UOB?

Now, of the 3 local banks, DBS is a totally gone case,OCBC seem to like to take in Hongkie as CEO.UOB is the only one which is still run by a local, because of botak Wee family control of the bank..

My point is, if the local company don't give local a chance, who will..

Sinkie land locally born best talents maybe not take up the job (eg Shou Zi Chew), but the same pool of international best talents won't be interested in local banks either.. So if compare 2 tier best talent local vs foreigners, why not give the local the chance?

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

(23-04-2023, 11:17 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  I am not anti foreigners also.. 30 years ago, we have local bankers like Cheong Choong Kong, Lee Seng Wee, Peter Seah running the banks. Now, can you even name one, apart from Wee family of UOB?

Now, of the 3 local banks, DBS is a totally gone case,OCBC seem to like to take in Hongkie as CEO.UOB is the only one which is still run by a local, because of botak Wee family control of the bank..

My point is, if the local company don't give local a chance, who will..

Sinkie land locally born best talents maybe not take up the job (eg Shou Zi Chew), but the same pool of international best talents won't be interested in local banks either.. So if compare 2 tier best talent local vs foreigners, why not give the local the chance?

Despite bullshite propoganda from the pappies and FT reddit comments, there is no shortage of talented Sinkies and unless the roles truly esoteric, 99.9% of the roles out there can be comfortably filled with Sinkies.  DBS has been CECA-fied and their big bets on CECAland will cause an implosion in the shareholders' faces as it happened with Singtel.  The loan exposure to the Adani group being a case in point.  

I do what is in my power to remedy the situation but we should all do our part.

angmohs work in Sg, down to earth.

Sinkies work in US, slaves.