Another Chinese property developer near collapse

BUZZ – Chinese developer CIFI hits record low after terminating talk with offshore creditors
1 November 2022 10:39
  • * Shares of Chinese property developer CIFI Holdings drop as much as 27.9% to HK$0.375 in resumed trade, their lowest since debut in November 2012
  • * Stock, which halted trade since Oct 27, is set for the biggest intraday pct drop since Sept 28, if losses hold
  • * Stock is biggest pct loser in Hang Seng Composite Index and Composite Index, which tracks properties and construction firms
  • * Shanghai-based CIFI says it has not been able to reach an agreement with all of its offshore creditors with payments due in October 2022 and it has terminated all discussions with individual creditors and creditor groups offshore...
  • * The co, with a market value of HK$3.73 bln ($475.20 mln), says it has suspended payment of all principal and interest falling due on its offshore financing arrangements
  • * Says the co's offshore indebtedness amounted to $6.85 bln as on Nov 1 with the suspended payment amounting to $414 mln
  • * Hang Seng Mainland Properties Index climbs 0.5% and Hang Seng Composite Index on properties and construction stocks gains 0.9%
  • * Hang Seng Composite Index rises 2.5% and Hang Seng Index gains 2.6%
  • * As of last close, stock down 88.5% this year

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

As usual, sgbuffett habit of posting outdated context-less post in SGTalk and deliberately leaving out his source.. In the process tend to miss the larger picture how many Chinese today are very aware of their environment and heritage. Some even return to their "kompong" to share and contribute to rural developments with their own $ and effort.

Your attitude need to change.

(01-11-2022, 12:25 PM)Manthink Wrote:  As usual, sgbuffett habit of posting outdated context-less post in SGTalk and deliberately leaving out his source.. In the process tend to miss the larger picture how many Chinese today are very aware of their environment and heritage. Some even return to their "kompong" to share and contribute to rural developments with their own $ and effort.

Your attitude need to change.

Humans are highly intelligent if not monkeys will be calling the shots.  Big Grin

time to relax
https://youtu.be/LPBHnlh-42A?list=PL1yqR...GN6us8OvRZ

https://youtu.be/aR7O0xQHzxw?list=PL1yqR...GN6us8OvRZ