Any IT-savvy Member Here Can Help Me With Windows10 Problem ??

my desktop still works despite 1 stick of RAM not working.................but when i ran ''sfc /scannow'' .............my Windows10 got below issues....................i not IT-savvy at all...............so like that, how ah ?

(( PLEASE  GO  BELOW  LINK  TO  SEE  PICTURE  OF  MY  PROBLEM ))

https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/any-it-...em.342308/
[+] 1 user Likes Napoleon Porlumpar's post

[Image: giphy.gif]

Take out the one stick of ram lor. Still, got people use this sfc /scannow?

run chkdsk command thereafter /f
[+] 1 user Likes KILLjoy's post

[Image: win10-corrupt-jpg.184419]

like that better change to SSD liao

not ONLY RAMs
harddisk might have got some problems also
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

top up abit but macbook, no such problem.

(03-06-2023, 01:30 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  top up abit but macbook, no such problem.

macbook also has the same problems like windows

He can swap the ram to confirm the ram really not working on that particular ram slot.

1 ram still can work. But performance will slow down by 20%.

If cant repair the corrupted file. He can reinstall windows 10. Make sure backup all the important data first into backup drive like D drive

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

https://pureinfotech.com/clean-install-windows-10/

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Good news for old computer.
Can install this windows 10 tiny version.

https://youtu.be/_Ry2ZQvEE_Y

heng me pc still run on win 8.

(03-06-2023, 02:54 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  heng me pc still run on win 8.

This platform is good for ransomware infection

(03-06-2023, 12:32 PM)theold Wrote:  Take out the one stick of ram lor. Still, got people use this sfc /scannow?

took out the RAM liao...............so the pc works now.............hope it's not the RAM slot that's spoilt............

so sfc /scannow no use meh ?.............then use which prompt command can repair Windows10 ?

(03-06-2023, 01:29 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  [Image: win10-corrupt-jpg.184419]

like that better change to SSD liao

not ONLY RAMs
harddisk might have got some problems also

i been using SSD since 2019 liao lah.................now is Windows issue leh...............

(03-06-2023, 02:06 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  He can swap the ram to confirm the ram really not working on that particular ram slot.

1 ram still can work. But performance will slow down by 20%.

If cant repair the corrupted file. He can reinstall windows 10. Make sure backup all the important data first into backup drive like D drive

problem is the windows 10 came from the pc shop that assembled the pc................i don't have a copy of it.............

can just bring the SSD to the shop to reinstall windows without bringing the whole pc ?

(03-06-2023, 01:26 PM)KILLjoy Wrote:  run chkdsk command thereafter /f

bro...............this ''chkdsk /f'' is for errors on the physical disk, right ?........i used HD Tune and HD Sentinel to check my SSD - no bad sectors leh..........

what about ''dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth'' ?

why dun just format ur HDD?
this one why is related to RAM leh?

Try use a rubber to rub the RAM contact, could be contact dirty.

(03-06-2023, 03:24 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  problem is the windows 10 came from the pc shop that assembled the pc................i don't have a copy of it.............

can just bring the SSD to the shop to reinstall windows without bringing the whole pc ?
No need to go the shop.

Use a 8GB thumb drive to download the windows 10 from the Microsoft website into thumb drive.
After installing,remember to set your bios/UEFI boot as thumb drive when installing new windows 10.

By right. windows will auto activate the windows 10 license after installing. As window license follows your hardware.

To play safe, check and copy your windows 10 product key by running this command in Command prompt mode first.

[Image: IMG-8061.jpg]

(03-06-2023, 03:31 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  bro...............this ''chkdsk /f'' is for errors on the physical disk, right ?........i used HD Tune and HD Sentinel to check my SSD - no bad sectors leh..........

I like to categorically state that IAM in no way related to this project nor its owner

Usually I would reformat system drive and reinstall windows using recovery disk created before hand. Because personal data all in another drive, no issue.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(03-06-2023, 03:53 PM)articland05 Wrote:  why dun just format ur HDD?
this one why is related to RAM leh?

RAM is earlier problem (i might have to get a replacement from agent)...............now is Windows got corrupted files.........

(03-06-2023, 04:04 PM)Pass-by Wrote:  Try use a rubber to rub the RAM contact, could be contact dirty.

i'll try that later........how about if i use alcohol ?

(03-06-2023, 04:55 PM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Usually I would reformat system drive and reinstall windows using recovery disk created before hand. Because personal data all in another drive, no issue.

i no know how to reinstall win10 or from recovery disk lah...........i just clone win10 to 2 other SSDs.........so might have to try using the clones in worst case...........

So you got check the log file says what?

(03-06-2023, 04:11 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  No need to go the shop.

Use a 8GB thumb drive to download the windows 10 from the Microsoft website into thumb drive.
After installing,remember to set your bios/UEFI boot as thumb drive when installing new windows 10.

By right. windows will auto activate the windows 10 license after installing. As window license follows your hardware.

To play safe, check and copy your windows 10 product key by running this command in Command prompt mode first.

[Image: IMG-8061.jpg]

bro..............the win10 came from the guy that built my pc..............so i got no product key...............i don't mind using unactivated version of win10 but i never install windows before..............scared later the whole pc can't use............

(03-06-2023, 03:31 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  bro...............this ''chkdsk /f'' is for errors on the physical disk, right ?........i used HD Tune and HD Sentinel to check my SSD - no bad sectors leh..........

chkdsk meant for scan and repair system errors different from those hd tune/sentinel tools which they do not

try dism else sfc scan in safe mode which ever can solve

worst,
system restore or reset

windows 10 inbuilt with reset (inside settings) just like cellphone factory restore, it will re install back to original condition but remeber backup data

(03-06-2023, 08:03 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  bro..............the win10 came from the guy that built my pc..............so i got no product key...............i don't mind using unactivated version of win10 but i never install windows before..............scared later the whole pc can't use............

Windows 10 product key can be retrieved lah.
Go to command prompt and key in above instruction.
wmic …….

Normally, window licence is auto activated if the computer has installed windows OS before. I did many times already.

(03-06-2023, 10:24 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Windows 10 product key can be retrieved lah.
Go to command prompt and key in above instruction.
wmic …….

Normally, window licence is auto activated if the computer has installed windows OS before. I did many times already.

just RESET THE WINDOWS TO DEFAULT 

and REMOVE EVERYTHING............ EVERYTHING!

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Windows 10 - How to Reset Windows to Factory Settings without installation disc - YouTube

Likely is RAM faulty

Nothing wrong with Window os. It is able to repair itself

You cant install os on a hard disk without the motherboard, so bring the whole PC with you

Just using the cloned SDD will do. Throw away the existing SDD. Nowadays, they are very cheap.

many thanks to all that replied.................i fixed the problem liao............. Big Grin