Something wrong with bus management to require delay for bus driving

I brought my girl to her tuition taking at Yishun Junction 9 by bus 800 yesterday. It is only 3 stops away and could reach within 10 minutes. But the bus moved with snail speed and at every bus stop, the driver would stop purposely to delay moving off.  

At the bus stop at block 291 before the next one at block 257, I begged the driver to move off. He replied he got to time it not to be back to depot early. I said to him. I was already late, could he move off and stopped at the next bus stop longer.  

I like to ask the bus management why have they such policy of requiring the driver to be delayed to the depot. Why can't the bus be allowed to move at normal speed?  

[+] 1 user Likes webinarian's post

(27-07-2023, 06:26 AM)webinarian Wrote:  I brought my girl to her tuition taking at Yishun Junction 9 by bus 800 yesterday. It is only 3 stops away and could reach within 10 minutes. But the bus moved with snail speed and at every bus stop, the driver would stop purposely to delay moving off.  

At the bus stop at block 291 before the next one at block 257, I begged the driver to move off. He replied he got to time it not to be back to depot early. I said to him. I was already late, could he move off and stopped at the next bus stop longer.  

I like to ask the bus management why have they such policy of requiring the driver to be delayed to the depot. Why can't the bus be allowed to move at normal speed?  

Why leave home late in the first place right?
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(27-07-2023, 06:26 AM)webinarian Wrote:  I brought my girl to her tuition taking at Yishun Junction 9 by bus 800 yesterday. It is only 3 stops away and could reach within 10 minutes. But the bus moved with snail speed and at every bus stop, the driver would stop purposely to delay moving off.  

Their LTA bus app, more jialat… sometimes will have strange bus timings or once a while, the bus shown bus is arriving but no bus is seen. Rotfl

You still want to wait for the bus.
This is only some of the examples nia.

Example of Strange-bus timings.
[Image: IMG-8739.jpg]

[Image: IMG-8738.jpg]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

bus driver if arrived earlier by certain x minutes  will by=e fined

is a stupid n silly policy as sometimes the traffic is v smooth not fault of dirive

the ceo n top mgmt should drive n feel it
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

srsly i wrote in and asked similar question in the 90s using letter and mail

Last time CH 8 got one program show case how our Bus driver works and daily life work as bus driver.

One thing interesting, the bus got " sensor " to detect how the Bus driver drive the bus.

They never explain in depth , just claim the " sensor " is like judge individual driver during his/her timetable. Is like monitor their driving performance.

Perhaps due to this? Is like a " hack " they purposely drive slow despite road is clear, no much cars , to make the sensor detect the driver is driving in a safe manner.

I remember they got this " extra incentive = extra money " come safe driving.

(27-07-2023, 04:45 PM)talky Wrote:  bus driver if arrived earlier by certain x minutes  will by=e fined

is a stupid n silly policy as sometimes the traffic is v smooth not fault of dirive

the ceo n top mgmt should drive n feel it
Becoz there will be another group who will kao pei if next bus is 30 min.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..