Any recommendation for good safe box ?

Need a good safe box to store my precious gold bars and Singapore Mint gold coins
Any good recommendations of a good and not expensive safe box?

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 

You can find plenty of safe boxes at lazada or shopee. Any of them is good. Cost $30 for a small one. But I recommend you to buy a bigger one as the small is really quite small.

Ignore List: Oyk

No la
Such thing cannot buy on line
Need to be reliable and fire proof
My budget is $1500
I saw Chubb but it is way too expensive
Other brands, don’t know which one is reliable
So need people here who got experience

Those safe boxes are not really safe as the thieves can easily carry away the boxes to their workshop to open slowly. I used the safe deposit box from POSB and CISCO. Both are very safe but the CISCO ones are more secured as you must go through a few iron doors before entering the box chamber.     Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(26-12-2023, 11:10 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Those safe boxes are not really safe as the thieves can easily carry away the boxes to their workshop to open slowly. I used the safe deposit box from POSB and CISCO. Both are very safe but the CISCO ones are more secured as you must go through a few iron doors before entering the box chamber.     Big Grin

You got the option of drilling the safe box into the wall so how can the thieves carry it away?

(26-12-2023, 11:09 AM)Bluebull Wrote:  No la
My budget is $1500

Ok, maybe you have a lot of gold bars then. But all safe boxes are actually fire proof cos they're all steel boxes. And why would they be unreliable?

Oversea ones cannot, because if it fails to open, you'll not be able to get help

Even with local agent, if close shop you aso got problem

Those with both digital lock and manual lock are safer in case the digital one fails.

(26-12-2023, 11:16 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  You got the option of drilling the safe box into the wall so how can the thieves carry it away?

Those tiny boxes can be chipped or axed out from the wall. Unless he buys those large ones that weighs a few tons. Problem here is dunno those condo or hdb floors can take those weights or else it might just drop through the floors into the ground floor and killing people on thee way down.      Laughing

Carl Jung

(26-12-2023, 11:10 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Those safe boxes are not really safe as the thieves can easily carry away the boxes to their workshop to open slowly. I used the safe deposit box from POSB and CISCO. Both are very safe but the CISCO ones are more secured as you must go through a few iron doors before entering the box chamber.     Big Grin

I did consider that but need to pay about $1000 to $1500 yearly for that service
Plus very troublesome, need to go there every time you want to in out in out
Might as well spend the money on a good safe box

(26-12-2023, 11:17 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Ok, maybe you have a lot of gold bars then. But all safe boxes are actually fire proof cos they're all steel boxes. And why would they be unreliable?

1. When you need something from inside the safe urgently but it fails to work.

2. Some use simple solenoids to lock. They can be moved by using strong magnets

3. Some could be hacked open

(26-12-2023, 11:17 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Ok, maybe you have a lot of gold bars then. But all safe boxes are actually fire proof cos they're all steel boxes. And why would they be unreliable?

No la
Not only to keep gold bars but also my precious old notes, and other country currencies 
Plus important documents like Will, contract agreements, marriage cert ( joke la) etc
That’s why, reliable fire proof very important

(26-12-2023, 11:22 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Oversea ones cannot, because if it fails to open, you'll not be able to get help

Even with local agent, if close shop you aso got problem

Those with digital lock and manual lock are safer in case the digital one fails.

“both digital lock and manual lock are safer”
Yes, why didn’t think of that?
Looks like you know something 
Any recommendations?

(26-12-2023, 11:37 AM)Bluebull Wrote:  “both digital lock and manual lock are safer”
Yes, why didn’t think of that?
Looks like you know something 
Any recommendations?

Aiya learned thru hard experience. Thought digital lock is enough, but didnt realise it could fail. Luckily the agent still around and able to help

Now they aso closed shop, so change to one which has both digital and manual. Keep the manual keys at some safe place in case of emergency

But now even the seller of the new one aso closed shop already.

Next may convert a steel cabinet for keeping all the gold bars. Digital locks are quite cheap. Can put a few

[Image: Screenshot-20231226-114906-Shopee-SG.jpg]

Like this with steel cabinet. Each only $40. Can use numbers, rf tag, fingerprints, and manual keys as backup

(26-12-2023, 11:32 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  1. When you need something from inside the safe urgently but it fails to work.

2. Some use simple solenoids to lock. They can be moved by using strong magnets

3. Some could be hacked open

Safe with digital locks always come with spare keys and it's very unlikely that the keys don't work.

Have you even seen those $60 safe? Their walls are extremely thick and it's not so easy to hack. Even if you want to hack, you've got to be able to carry it to another place to do it. If it's drilled to the wall how are you doing to carry it away?

(26-12-2023, 11:22 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Those tiny boxes can be chipped or axed out from the wall. Unless he buys those large ones that weighs a few tons. Problem here is dunno those condo or hdb floors can take those weights or else it might just drop through the floors into the ground floor and killing people on thee way down.      Laughing

Nope. I got a medium size one for $100 and it can't be axed. The steel walls are extremely thick.

(26-12-2023, 12:19 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Nope. I got a medium size one for $100 and it can't be axed. The steel walls are extremely thick.

You mean your walls are made of steel? If that is the case better to wield the box to the wall. Then it is impossible to remove unless the thieves use cutting torch.    Big Grin

Carl Jung

(26-12-2023, 11:09 AM)Bluebull Wrote:  No la
My budget is $1500

tell you what.................go buy a fridge can liao...............cheaper and big big............just chain up the door handles........

or............you can put the gold with me for safekeeping...........no need 1500, ......i charge you one-off 1000 can liao