Any tea lovers here?

If so, where do you buy your tea leaves?

I used to buy my Longjing at a tea place in Chinatown but it's really quite expensive. Nowadays I buy from TB to save some money but there have been cases where the tea is not good. Really depends on luck.

I've reduced my intake of longjing and now drink a tea called ganpu tea. Anyone tried that? It's getting very popular in Guangdong.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

Me drink Mulberry n Jap green tea
Mulberry from Fu lu shou Rochor Rd 
Green tea sponsored by coy Big Grin

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(03-08-2021, 10:08 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  Me drink Mulberry n Jap green tea
Mulberry from Fu lu shou Rochor Rd 
Green tea sponsored by coy Big Grin

Clapping Clapping Clapping

Do you have any other tea recommendations? Recently I've been trying tea bags from the Tea Story like this: https://www.getit.changirecommends.com/p...s-37-5-gms and I really like it...

But I want to get into making authentic tea leaves. Many of my friends who like tea say they're more authentic and soothing than tea bags. Personally, I don't know much the difference. If you have any suggestions on tea leaves and where to buy them that would be so appreciated. Thanks!!

(12-08-2021, 09:10 AM)mikecho841 Wrote:  Do you have any other tea recommendations? Recently I've been trying tea bags from the Tea Story like this: https://www.getit.changirecommends.com/p...s-37-5-gms and I really like it...

But I want to get into making authentic tea leaves. Many of my friends who like tea say they're more authentic and soothing than tea bags. Personally, I don't know much the difference. If you have any suggestions on tea leaves and where to buy them that would be so appreciated. Thanks!!

I never drink from tea bags except some Jap ones, because much of the quality of tea from tea bags is low.

There're mainly six kinds of tea (in Chinese but let me know if you need translation) rank according to their fermentation level:

1. 绿茶
2. 白茶
3. 黄茶
4. 乌龙茶
5. 红茶
6. 黑茶

If you drink a lot of tea, then only 红茶 and 黑茶 are suitable as they do not hurt the stomach. The rest of the tea, if drink too much, tend to be too 'cooling'. I drank 绿茶 for many years and can vouch for its 'coolness', makes my body feel cold throughout the year. Even 乌龙茶 you shouldn't drink too much.

You can try this kind of tea which is getting very popular these few years - 柑普茶。They're also different kinds of 柑普茶 and you just got to try and see which one you like.

For tea like 普洱, you can buy from those big Chinese factories like 大益, from online. Those from big factories are usually 'proven' although they can be more expensive. I can recommend you other big factories if you tell me which kind of tea you like.

(12-08-2021, 10:20 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I never drink from tea bags except some Jap ones, because much of the quality of tea from tea bags is low.

There're mainly six kinds of tea (in Chinese but let me know if you need translation) rank according to their fermentation level:

1. 绿茶
2. 白茶
3. 黄茶
4. 乌龙茶
5. 红茶
6. 黑茶

If you drink a lot of tea, then only 红茶 and 黑茶 are suitable as they do not hurt the stomach. The rest of the tea, if drink too much, tend to be too 'cooling'. I drank 绿茶 for many years and can vouch for its 'coolness', makes my body feel cold throughout the year. Even 乌龙茶 you shouldn't drink too much.

You can try this kind of tea which is getting very popular these few years - 柑普茶。They're also different kinds of 柑普茶 and you just got to try and see which one you like.

For tea like 普洱, you can buy from those big Chinese factories like 大益, from online. Those from big factories are usually 'proven' although they can be more expensive. I can recommend you other big factories if you tell me which kind of tea you like.

Nice!! Taking note of this! Thanks so much

Like what I mentioned earlier, some tea should not be drunk too often. Someone mentioned he drinks Mulberry tea. Yah, I drink that too but must be careful not to drink too much because it's extremely cooling. Women, esp., should only restrict to drinking 2-3 times per week.

Now, I'm thinking of buying puerh in bulk (something like 10kg) to keep for several years. The aged-old puerh is quite expensive and one way is to buy the cheaper new tea. For those who are thinking the same as me, this is the right way of keeping puerh:

1. Do not keep in fridge (unlike other tea like green tea)
2. Do not keep in glass container
3. Do not keep in dry box
4. Do not keep in air-sealed box
5. Do not keep in moist and extreme temp environment
6. Environment must have good air circulation

Me, so-so. I drink Genmai Cha every morning but I prefer tisanes. For example, Pryce brand that comes with lychee red tea, orange pu -er . . . .flavours.

https://prycetea.com/pages/brands

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(29-08-2021, 10:19 AM)Ola Wrote:  Me, so-so. I drink Genmai Cha every morning but I prefer tisanes. For example, Pryce brand that comes with lychee red tea, orange pu -er  . . . .flavours.

https://prycetea.com/pages/brands

Tea name sounds expensive lol..

Any good recommendation for morning tea ? ?

(04-09-2021, 09:40 AM)FangFang Wrote:  Any good recommendation for morning tea ? ?

So many kinds, only depends on your palate. But if you're drinking tea on an empty stomach then you should go for flower tea. Different tea also has different purposes. To prevent spike in blood sugar you can try mulberry or puer. My favourite is Longjing but can't drink too much of that, maybe only once every 2 days.

I heard that some avid tea lovers even use 紫砂茶壺。 They say tea taste better in those.

(05-09-2021, 09:46 AM)Ola Wrote:  I heard that some avid tea lovers even use 紫砂茶壺。 They say tea taste better in those.

Ya, I have one for my longjing. People said it's to distribute the heat because green tea should not brew with 100 deg C water. And I do think it tastes better, dunno if it's psychological or not lol.

For those who are gardeners and tea-lovers, why not grow your own peppermint plants and then brew them for your tea?

It has excellent taste and can help to boost your energy as well.

Found a 紫砂茶杯 in the house.

My mum said my brother bought for her but she never use.

Tried it . . . .

Em . . . my green tea taste more "siap" and bitter.

[Image: pix-Zi-Sha-teacup.png]

(06-02-2022, 04:23 PM)Ola Wrote:  Found a 紫砂茶杯 in the house.

My mum said my brother bought for her but she never use.

Tried it . . . .

Em . . . my green tea taste more "siap" and bitter.

Maybe it's a fake one  Big Grin

Not really a tea drinker. But sometimes I would brew myself a pot of flower tea while relaxing at home  Relief

[Image: 0-C18-E26-B-3-A7-C-4455-ADFE-8-B3-EF579-DD3-E.jpg]

(10-02-2022, 02:37 AM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  Not really a tea drinker. But sometimes I would brew myself a pot of flower tea while relaxing at home  Relief

[Image: 0-C18-E26-B-3-A7-C-4455-ADFE-8-B3-EF579-DD3-E.jpg]

What kind of flower tea?

(11-02-2022, 02:47 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  What kind of flower tea?

Currently I have these flavoured flower tea in my kitchen - camomile, lavender, rose, peppermint  Blush

Any nice brands that you would recommend?

[Image: CC702-EB6-7804-4211-8-E9-C-967-B25-B2-B169.jpg]

(13-02-2022, 09:23 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  Currently I have these flavoured flower tea in my kitchen - camomile, lavender, rose, peppermint  Blush

Any nice brands that you would recommend?

[Image: CC702-EB6-7804-4211-8-E9-C-967-B25-B2-B169.jpg]

I drink these kinds of tea too. But I buy whole rose buds and I grow my own peppermint. You can buy the rose buds at many medicinal shops.

(13-02-2022, 09:36 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I drink these kinds of tea too. But I buy whole rose buds and I grow my own peppermint. You can buy the rose buds at many medicinal shops.

Nice to grow own peppermint when you know it's not treated with pesticides.  
Eu Yan Sang nourishing rose tea was too mild for my liking. I needed to put 2 tea bags for it to be flavourful. 
May be I should try the other type with rose buds packed in a small bottle which claims to be free from sulphur dioxide.

I try not to drink too much as I'm a bit kiasi and scared that these tea might be contaminated with heavy metals and chemicals...

Hi! I like your posts. I am also a tea lover and I normally drink jasmine green tea and I really like it. Do you have any idea about the weight loss green tea which is really good for weight loss, my sister wants to lose weight if you have any idea about this please share it with me.

(14-02-2022, 01:32 PM)Ammy Wrote:  Hi! I like your posts. I am also a tea lover and I normally drink jasmine green tea and I really like it. Do you have any idea about the weight loss green tea which is really good for weight loss, my sister wants to lose weight if you have any idea about this please share it with me.

In mu opinion, long-term drinking of green tea is not good for our body. I drank longjing for 10 years and found that my body becomes too 'cooling', and that my stomach is always bloated. Not a good thing.

If you want to drink tea that is not so hurting, then pu er is very good. But drink the 熟普,not 生普。This tea is good for losing weight too. You can drink this every day. I drink lots of this.

However, pu er's taste is a bit 'woody', and you may drink some other tea to complement it. Other good teas for losing weight are mulberry tea and 绞股蓝. But do also take note that you should only drink them no more than thrice a week because these are also very cooling. If females were to drink it, the frequency should be even less. Maybe just once or twice a week.

(14-02-2022, 01:16 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  Nice to grow own peppermint when you know it's not treated with pesticides.  
Eu Yan Sang nourishing rose tea was too mild for my liking. I needed to put 2 tea bags for it to be flavourful. 
May be I should try the other type with rose buds packed in a small bottle which claims to be free from sulphur dioxide.

I try not to drink too much as I'm a bit kiasi and scared that these tea might be contaminated with heavy metals and chemicals...

I don't really like pre-packed tea because the quantity is usually so small. So yes, I support your buying of rose buds from shops. To make the taste stronger I usually brew it for 10 to 20 minutes.

Just to let everyone know. Good pu er tea in China is getting quite expensive. To save on costs, I buy in bulk from reputable online shops and I buy those which are not 'old' (older pu er costs more).

I intend to keep the pu er for a few years before I drink them. Meanwhile, I've also bought some longjing (500g) recently because there was a promotion. The taste is so good but I must be careful not to over drink this.

My longjing:

[Image: longjing.jpg]

Some weeks ago, my friends and I stumbled upon an antique shop East Inspirations at Chinatown. Besides antiques, this shop sells different types of tea too as the shop owner himself is a tea master. You can arrange a tea appreciation session with him and you get to enjoy those tea while listening to him telling you the rich history of tea culture.

My friends went ahead to schedule a tea tasting appointment while I gave it a miss as I was not so keen  ZZzzZ

Can check this interesting shop out...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYEwqhvVhDTZ6pAxDSdju...s&usqp=CAU]
Hey tea lovers Oh my gosh I really like to drink tea with morning. What a wonderful tea to with open our eyes morning for the .

[Image: BB72-E65-A-020-A-40-CF-A511-8-AFFFFCDC799.jpg]

I just bought this for a try. It’s a blend of green tea , passion fruit pieces and marigold petals

(27-02-2022, 01:26 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  [Image: BB72-E65-A-020-A-40-CF-A511-8-AFFFFCDC799.jpg]

I just bought this for a try. It’s a blend of green tea , passion fruit pieces and marigold petals

TWG is expensive stuff. How much did you pay for it?

(27-02-2022, 10:15 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  TWG is expensive stuff. How much did you pay for it?

$28...paid from my trading profits. Just bought only. I didn't feel any pinch  Tongueout

I love the scent of this tea...aromatic and refreshing! Am sipping it now! 

btw, I will make Eu Yan Sang's rose bud tea tomorrow, and will add goji berries and red dates in it. How exciting, can't wait  Big Grin