DBS may face 'supervisory action' over worst disruption in over a decade

A problem with DBS Bank's access control servers disrupted its online banking services, including PayNow, for the second day yesterday.

Reacting to the bank's worst outage in more than a decade, the Monetary Authority of Singapore(MAS) said it will consider taking "supervisory action".

"This is a serious disruption and MAS expects DBS to conduct a thorough investigation to identify the root causes and implement the necessary remedial measures," said Mr Marcus Lim, MAS assistant managing director of banking and insurance.

"MAS will consider appropriate actions following the investigation," he added in a statement yesterday.  "MAS expects all financial institutions to have systems and processes to ensure the consistent availability of  financial services to their customers."...

Part of an article found in today's The New Paper

Just wondering whether DBS recruited many so called experts in IT from CECA land?

tomorrow will be a better day

(25-11-2021, 07:47 AM)surfer Wrote:  Just wondering whether DBS recruited many so called experts in IT from CECA land?

They are just contract staff. Once contract end they go home or skip to another company.

This is outsourcing trend.

None will be held accountable....since they come and go.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(25-11-2021, 07:54 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  They are just contract staff. Once contract end they go home or skip to another company.

So is this the breech where customers personal info is leaked and sold online to unknown buyers? Thinking

tomorrow will be a better day

DPM heng need to teach them a lesson.

(25-11-2021, 07:54 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  They are just contract staff. Once contract end they go home or skip to another company.

Accts write off how?

Even in civil service many are not held accountable. Yesterday I saw a silver rental bike thrown at a corner of my neighbourhood for days. Who is the one in LTA that approved and administered this scheme?

Nobody cares anymore...

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

Is this a scam message from DBS?

I received it yesterday. It seems that now the Scammers are in full force and all the way out to xploit the situation.

[Image: DBS-Mail-Scam.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(25-11-2021, 08:20 AM)Ola Wrote:  Is this a scam message from DBS?

I received it yesterday. It seems that now the Scammers are in full force and all the way out to xploit the situation.

[Image: DBS-Mail-Scam.png]

The police must come down hard for those scammers who exploited this situation... Angry

Not disciplinary action?

Better not say happen in 50ya
there are rumblings
starlink satelites jammings
centuries old sys going down big.

It is very difficult to manage contractors because they lack the responsibility to get jobs done at A Grade Standard. There is nothing for them to look forward to, to want to do well.

Worse, by changing one line of the software program can create major havoc to the whole system.

So what if they have restricted access in some IT areas?

(25-11-2021, 08:27 AM)debono Wrote:  The police must come down hard for those scammers who exploited this situation... Angry

They have no man power

(25-11-2021, 09:44 AM)Ola Wrote:  It is very difficult to manage contractors because they lack the responsibility to get jobs done at A Grade Standard. There is nothing for them to look forward to, to want to do well.

Worse, by changing one line of the software program can create major havoc to the whole system.

So what if they have restricted access in some IT areas?

Thus is why civil service sub contract out their jobs.

(25-11-2021, 09:11 AM)RichDad Wrote:  Not disciplinary action?

The contractors will be fined.

Companies are making salary payment to their employees these few days but could not~!

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/singapore...d=msedgdhp&pc=U531