Anyone took KTM train from SG to Jb before?

Is it walkable from the train station to city square? Any good and cheap hotels around there?
[+] 1 user Likes pinkpanther's post

(15-07-2022, 03:01 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Is it walkable from the train station to city square? Any good and cheap hotels around there?

Yes, the train stops right below the ICQ building where the immigration is…3 min walk to City Square Mall
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

Have not try yet

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

(15-07-2022, 03:16 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Yes, the train stops right below the ICQ building where the immigration is…3 min walk to City Square Mall

The train platform there is like our MRT platform, after you step out of the train, you take the escalator up, it is already the ground floor of ICQ, then you walk across to the next building and take another escalator down, City Square Mall is right in front of you.
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

still got meh ? take from woodland ah?

(15-07-2022, 03:32 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  still got meh ? take from woodland ah?

Restarted last month after border reopen, a lot of people taking the train there as it saves time at immigration

(15-07-2022, 03:48 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Restarted last month after border reopen, a lot of people taking the train there as it saves time at immigration

Is there a taxi stand at the train station or the mall?

(15-07-2022, 03:56 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Is there a taxi stand at the train station or the mall?

Never noticed that…nowadays people call Grab at City Square main entrance, cheaper, 6-11 Ringgit per ride

(15-07-2022, 03:58 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Never noticed that…nowadays people call Grab at City Square main entrance, cheaper, 6-11 Ringgit per ride

Last time I only go City Square Mall, now I travel further to coffee shops nearby and other malls

(15-07-2022, 04:01 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Last time I only go City Square Mall, now I travel further to coffee shops nearby and other malls

Any good makan places to recommend? First time taking the train next week, don know what to look out for. Also looking at agoda for good room rates.

Never
Try but if no jam bus is quite convenient no need fixed timings

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(15-07-2022, 04:39 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Never

Bus only gets you across the causeway.

I tried booking through EASYBOOK
But somehow the system keeps saying the dates I want are not available, even if I want to book one month in advance
Anyone book through on line?
Or are tickets only purchased at the Immigration office?

(15-07-2022, 04:39 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Never

If you try train, you will never take bus ever again

(15-07-2022, 05:09 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  I tried booking through EASYBOOK
But somehow the system keeps saying the dates I want are not available, even if I want to book one month in advance
Anyone book through on line?
Or are tickets only purchased at the Immigration office?

Nowadays the tickets are selling fast, must book weeks ahead, saw people purchase tickets at counter at Woodlands Station

(15-07-2022, 04:09 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Any good makan places to recommend? First time taking the train next week, don know what to look out for. Also looking at agoda for good room rates.

When you come out of City Square Mall just walk down the road along the stream for 5 mins you will see many people queueing at Coffeeshops there, there are a few streets there for tourists just like Arab Street in Spore, reasonable price and good food you can’t find in Spore, all the cafes are newly renovated and clean….you will like it

As for hotels, there are a few, Holiday Inn newly opened with good rate, less than $100. Twin Tree and Amari Hotel just opposite  its Square Mall. If you want cheap hotels, can try Z Hotel for $50 per night…there are other cheap hotels, you check at Hotels.com or Agoda for better deals. There are hotels converted from shop houses as well.

(15-07-2022, 03:01 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Is it walkable from the train station to city square? Any good and cheap hotels around there?

Once upon a time long long ago lah!

(15-07-2022, 03:16 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Yes, the train stops right below the ICQ building where the immigration is…3 min walk to City Square Mall

Last time not like that one lah!

(15-07-2022, 05:45 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Last time not like that one lah!

Yalar, nowadays very convenient

(15-07-2022, 05:46 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Yalar, nowadays very convenient

Last time better lah!

(15-07-2022, 05:47 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Last time better lah!

Last time exchange rate was 2.4 now 3.18