Internal rate of return of CPF Life....why many will make wrong choice...

(18-07-2022, 03:07 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  ERS is suboptimal.
Basic is correct choice.

You should have chosen BRS and kept the rest jn CPF SA to earn 4%. Because the Internal rate of return of cpf life is lower than 4%.

I would argue that FRS makes for a better choice.  You chose BRS you have to pledge your house and still pay back accrued interests somewhere down the road when you sell you house.

Choose FRS at 55, and then at 65 either Standard Plan or Basic Plan is the way to go.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(28-07-2022, 07:34 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  I would argue that FRS makes for a better choice.  You chose BRS you have to pledge your house and still pay back accrued interests somewhere down the road when you sell you house.

Choose FRS at 55, and then at 65 either Standard Plan or Basic Plan is the way to go.

Not an issue because it goes into CPF and you can withdraw anytime.

The originally concept is if you have enough for FRS already but you want to keep as much as possible in SA for as long as possible to maximise returns and flexibility. To do this opt for BRS.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(28-07-2022, 07:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Not an issue because it goes into CPF and you can withdraw anytime.

The originally concept is if you have enough for FRS already but you want to keep as much as possible in SA for as long as possible to maximise returns and flexibility. To do this opt for BRS.

If that’s the case the SA shielding would already achieve this purpose.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Discuss the merits of the CPFLife system with regards to ERS (Enhanced), the FRS (Full) and BRS (Basic).  GP question (20 marks) Laughing

So for me . . .HOW??

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Huat Ahhhh! Big Grin

Noone tries to tweet on dat compound interest.
When u start with a big sum from the beginning compound interest will work its magic.
With this u don't have to care abt inflation.
I suspect if u use gold it will work beri well. Gold needs TIME

Is the meow meow smelly? Big Grin

My goodness u all expect to fair well under some form of Insurance
It is a rigged game. Ya without no Banking.
Let this man tells how u play the game with the same US corporation Dola
U don't run away from it You get it close

i dont believe in cpf life becos the interest u earn is not given back to u

Testing Big Grin

[Image: 984-EEBD3-51-BD-4037-B848-CC45-E4-A39-A03.png]

can t open images

(14-08-2022, 08:08 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  [Image: 984-EEBD3-51-BD-4037-B848-CC45-E4-A39-A03.png]

can t open images

Above are not secrets just that they are not confirmed officially by govt
1. The GIC returns is 6.5% long term but they pay 2.5% for OA and 4% SA.
2. Sum of our reserves is close to 1T
3. Laand cost component is 75% this is based on tender results for construction of HDB flats without the land.
4. This one I don't recall the number but some one derived it. 
5.  The inflow into medisave exceeds+ medishield life exceeds govt expenditure for healthcare ....so it is positive cashflow. This means there is a a pile of cash in Medisave and medishield for future medical expenses.  if the govt isn't don't this, it needs to tax you enough to fund the medical expenses. I don't really see the point people are trying to make with this? The govt is merely replacing the need to tax with Medisave and medishield ...because they need to ensure more than enough the inflow into these are large. If you die medisave goes to your family.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(14-08-2022, 08:57 AM)FartSunKing Wrote:  A rising tide lift all boats

Rising HDB flat prices is beneficial to all Singaporean households

Who purchased a HBD flat directly form HDB with generous subsidies

Thanks to PAP

Those who self fcuk their own arsehole

Over HDB public housing scheme

Are either selfish ingrates

Or oppie retards like sgbuffett

I have nothing against HDB and many benefited from HDB. I have written to defend the need for 99yr lease. Hence I don't know why you are barking at me again.

Why I disagree with is your assertion that HDB is free?
It is so stupid and you should stop.
Because the price of HDB goes up to 1M today and 2M in 2030 does not make it free. You need to pay first to get a unit.

(14-08-2022, 09:20 AM)FartSunKing Wrote:  To jobless scums like you, a BTO HDB flat is not free because you have no job, no income, no monthly CPF contributions

If you have a job with CPF, you just need to pay $2K cash from your pocket when you book a BTO HDB flat

You don't have to fork out a cent from your pocket to own a BTO HDB flat and enjoy FREE Lifetime Public Housing

It is FREE because you or your estate will get back the $2K plus interests and net profits when the flat you bought is sold or monetized

Stupid fcuk like you have never bought a HDB flat will never be able to understand the joy of FREE Lifetime Public Housing

Thanks to CPF, HDB and PAP

Your stupid logic is really flawed.
After you get the flat you are in debt and have to service a loan.

Free means no debt no need to pay.

Your abused of the word FREE is deplorable. Everyone can see it  don't need a degree also can see through your rubbish.

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

(14-08-2022, 09:30 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Your stupid logic is really flawed.
After you get the flat you are in debt and have to service a loan.

Free means no debt no need to pay.

Your abused of the word FREE is deplorable. Everyone can see it  don't need a degree also can see through your rubbish.
Actually what he said is not flawed but true for quite a lot older generation HDB owners. 

I think he was looking at those who bought HDB at BTO price and selling them with big profit. For example I have a relative who bought a new 3rm HDB at just around $20K about 50 years ago and later sold them more than $150K some 20 years later. Then those 5rm flats in Queenstown cost around $450K some 20 years ago are now selling at around one million. 

So, for these people HDB flats are free and on top made another 100% or more profit...... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Anybody want to start a thank you thread to assert that CPF is really your money and thank yew PAP etc Big Grin

(14-08-2022, 06:41 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Actually what he said is not flawed but true for quite a lot older generation HDB owners. 

I think he was looking at those who bought HDB at BTO price and selling them with big profit. For example I have a relative who bought a new 3rm HDB at just around $20K about 50 years ago and later sold them more than $150K some 20 years later. Then those 5rm flats in Queenstown cost around $450K some 20 years ago are now selling at around one million. 

So, for these people HDB flats are free and on top made another 100% or more profit...... Big Grin

Selling an investment for a profit does not make the investtment free!..the moron was using the word 'free'.

By this flawed logic, there r so many places in the world also property is free. Australia property went up 20 yrs straight.

(14-08-2022, 08:36 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Selling an investment for a profit does not make the investtment free!..the moron was using the word 'free'.

By this flawed logic, there r so many places in the world also property is free. Australia property went up 20 yrs straight.

So is Australia property free? Big Grin

bump up Big Grin