Are Singaporeans ‘entitled’? Actress thinks so, lists aspects of S’pore life citizens

Are Singaporeans ‘entitled’? Actress thinks so, lists aspects of S’pore life citizens should be grateful for - TODAY

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ca...st-2302386

Yes, sinkies are self-entitled. But some of her reasons are not so valid. She compared the tax rate of Spore and other countries but does she know that these other countries have better welfare systems?

Ignore List: Oyk
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(11-11-2023, 10:33 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Yes, sinkies are self-entitled. But some of her reasons are not so valid. She compared the tax rate of Spore and other countries but does she know that these other countries have better welfare systems?

I disagree - SGreans since birth generally are keenly aware of our the inherent limit and size of an Island Nation...

Our values and mindset are constantly drummed in with the reality that the World owns us nothing and our existence is never because of "Entitlement".

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

(11-11-2023, 10:41 AM)Manthink Wrote:  I disagree - SGreans since birth generally are keenly aware of our the inherent limit and size of an Island Nation...

Our values and mindset are constantly drummed in with the reality that the World owns us nothing and our existence is never because of "Entitlement".

You are entitled to your view but I stick to mine. It is through my observation that many sinkies are self-entitled.

[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

SG is always aiming higher each time.
[+] 1 user Likes FangFang's post

"If the annual salary of the Minister of Information, Communication and Arts is only $500,000, it may pose some problems when he discuss policies with media CEOs who earn millions of dollars because they need not listen to the minister's ideas and proposals. Hence, a reasonable payout will help to maintain a bit of dignity." .... Lim Wee Kiak

[Image: t_500x300] Knnbccb!

Thinking Oyk:Tempt peepur at their Archilles Point: GREED
[+] 1 user Likes starbugstk's post

(11-11-2023, 11:00 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  You are entitled to your view but I stick to mine. It is through my observation that many sinkies are self-entitled.

The question isn't about we agree that SGrans are "self entitled" or not...But rather the meaning can be interpreted differently from person to person.

(11-11-2023, 12:02 PM)FangFang Wrote:  SG is always aiming higher each time.

Meaning SG is very Kiasu ? Wink

(11-11-2023, 10:43 PM)Manthink Wrote:  The question isn't about we agree that SGrans are "self entitled" or not...But rather the meaning can be interpreted differently from person to person.

Isn't that what I said? U keep to your opinion and I kept to mine. If you really want to argue, let me point out the flaw in your argument.

You said that you disagree, then you said "SGreans since birth generally are keenly aware of our the inherent limit and size of an Island Nation". This statement does not logically point to why sinkies are not self-entitled.

(11-11-2023, 02:16 PM)starbugstk Wrote:  "If the annual salary of the Minister of Information, Communication and Arts is only $500,000, it may pose some problems when he discuss policies with media CEOs who earn millions of dollars because they need not listen to the minister's ideas and proposals. Hence, a reasonable payout will help to maintain a bit of dignity." .... Lim Wee Kiak

[Image: t_500x300]

That is how a capitalist mindset works!

You think pple everyone who joins political movement are altruistic ? Big Grin

(11-11-2023, 10:48 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Isn't that what I said? U keep to your opinion and I kept to mine. If you really want to argue, let me point out the flaw in your argument. You said that you disagree, then you said "SGreans since birth generally are keenly aware of our the inherent limit and size of an Island Nation". This statement does not logically point to why sinkies are not self-entitled.

What is your definition of "self entitled"  ?