Are eateries simply trying to make a quick buck with CNY surcharge?

Are eateries simply trying to make a quick buck with CNY surcharge?

Surcharges are actually a normal reaction to demand and operational needs, says an economist

👉 https://tsl.to/cnysurcharge

@mustsharenews
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

Yes. And so?

Teh siew dai now up from 1.30 to 1.50 and won't come down already

(21-02-2024, 11:55 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Teh siew dai now up from 1.30 to 1.50 and won't come down already

Drinks and mixed rice all up prices!

It’s common case during cny lah

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(21-02-2024, 11:55 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Teh siew dai now up from 1.30 to 1.50 and won't come down already

Consumers are free to vote with our feet. If I am against the unjustified price increase, then I will simply stop patronising that particular eatery. During the CNY period, I only ate out once as it was my mom's birthday dinner. My family was content to eat every other meal at home. 

20 30 years ago, nothing was opened first 2 days of CNY
not even petrol stations..
surcharge then can understand
nowadays its purely looking at profit

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

(21-02-2024, 09:55 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Are eateries simply trying to make a quick buck with CNY surcharge?

Surcharges are actually a normal reaction to demand and operational needs, says an economist

👉 https://tsl.to/cnysurcharge

@mustsharenews

If not now when leh? Thinking

(21-02-2024, 12:30 PM)wendychan Wrote:  20 30 years ago, nothing was opened first 2 days of CNY not even petrol stations.. surcharge then can understand nowadays its purely looking at profit

To give these stallholders the benefit of the doubt, I guess the prices of fresh ingredients did shoot up a week or 2 before CNY so they had to shell out more to prepare their dishes. 

(21-02-2024, 12:46 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  If not now when leh? 

If doctors in private practice don't cut the throats of High SES patients who are they going to overcharge?
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(21-02-2024, 12:18 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Drinks and mixed rice all up prices!

My Muslim friends say it is the same during or just before Hari Raya.

(21-02-2024, 12:53 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  If doctors in private practice don't cut the throats of High SES patients who are they going to overcharge?

You got a point lah! Big Grin

(21-02-2024, 12:53 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  If doctors in private practice don't cut the throats of High SES patients who are they going to overcharge?

You know why restaurants, coffee shops, food courts and hawker centres always got clinics and hospitals nearby? Thinking Eat 1st then suffer later lah! Big Grin

(21-02-2024, 12:29 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Consumers are free to vote with our feet. If I am against the unjustified price increase, then I will simply stop patronising that particular eatery. During the CNY period, I only ate out once as it was my mom's birthday dinner. My family was content to eat every other meal at home. 

You got any botak siblings in your family?

(21-02-2024, 01:04 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  You got any botak siblings in your family?

My family is blessed with men who have a mop of thick black hair on our heads (I can't vouch for the bottom though). It is genetic as I remember both my paternal and maternal grandfathers had a full head of hair when they passed away in their 80s.

(21-02-2024, 12:55 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  You got a point lah! 

I am a male so I must possess a "point" inside my pants. LOL!
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(21-02-2024, 01:32 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  My family is blessed with men who have a mop of thick black hair on our heads (I can't vouch for the bottom though). It is genetic as I remember both my paternal and maternal grandfathers had a full head of hair when they passed away in their 80s.

No wonder you're attracted by botak men. Do you find president taman's botak head attractive?

NEVER EVER eat out during CNY . . .

Buy some simple food and eat at home is cheaper

Next will be Eve of public holidays of CNY, Hari Raya Christmas and New Year surcharge

Then it will be Sunday Surcharge, too

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(21-02-2024, 06:10 PM)Ola Wrote:  NEVER EVER eat out during CNY . . .

Buy some simple food and eat at home is cheaper

Next will be Eve of public holidays of CNY, Hari Raya Christmas and New Year surcharge

Then it will be Sunday Surcharge, too
fast fsood like macd kfc burger king got surcharge during cny ?

sure squeezing for more money. the additonal cost already recover by additional business. the surcharge is to get a little more.