Aspiring makeup blogger killed in Bucha identified by her unique manicure

https://metro.co.uk/2022/04/08/ukraine-a...-16428418/

[Image: SEC_97756950.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zo...=644%2C338]

[Image: SEI_96767646-3.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&...=540%2C360]The image of Iryna Filkina’s perfectly manicured hand has been shared around the world (Picture: Reuters)

A woman who dreamed of becoming a makeup blogger before she was killed by Russian troops in Bucha, Ukraine has been identified by her distinctive manicure.

The image of Iryna Filkina’s perfectly manicured hand lying lifeless on the ground has been one of the most harrowing images to come out of Bucha in the wake of Russia’s retreat.

The 52-year-old mum was identified by her makeup artist who recognised Iryna’s bold red and white nail varnish when the photo was shared online.

Speaking to CNN, Ms Shchyruk said she begged her mum not to cycle home on March 5 and instead flee the area as she had done.

Iryna is understood to have tried to get a seat in a car leaving Bucha but there wasn’t enough space so she headed home.

She is understood to have been just 15 minutes from her house when she was shot.

In another heartbreaking twist, a drone appears to have captured the moment Iryna, a heating station operator, was shot by a tank as she cycled home from work on March 5.

The footage shows a previously unidentified cyclist wearing a blue coat pushing their bike up the street, unaware that several Russian tanks lay in wait around the corner.

As the cyclist, now understood to be Iryna, turns the corner the military vehicles open fire with devastating consequences.

A second video, taken a month later once Ukrainian forces had recaptured the town, showed a cyclist, also in a blue coat, in the same location lying dead on the pavement.

Anastasiia Subacheva, a makeup artist from the nearby city of Gostomel told The New York Times she instantly recognised Iryna’s hand when she saw the photograph.

Very very cruel...and sad.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I want dna report before I can be sad.

Smile

[Image: 20220404-191832.jpg]

this ahtiong was stunned
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

(09-04-2022, 09:17 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  [Image: 20220404-191832.jpg]

this ahtiong was stunned

Very cruel and sad to "force" a dead man to smoke!  Rotfl

Sgbutt, correct or not?  Rotfl
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

(09-04-2022, 09:17 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  [Image: 20220404-191832.jpg]

this ahtiong was stunned

Smoking Marlboro?

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

[Image: U0TVxj.jpg]

[Image: aOSl1k.jpg]

[Image: PXoqIR.jpg]

[Image: hvs5Nt.jpg]

(09-04-2022, 09:26 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Smoking Marlboro?

[Image: IMG-20220410-092517-997.jpg]

No different when jappies in sook ching

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

In two separate communications, Russian troops talk about questioning Ukrainian soldiers and civilians and then shooting them, according to The Washington Post, citing an intelligence official familiar with the findings.

Some of the intercepted intelligence seems to match the locations of bodies found along the main road through Bucha, northwest of Kyiv.

In one intercepted message, a soldier is seemingly heard telling another that they had shot a person riding a bicycle.

Images of a dead body lying next to a bicycle recently surfaced following the withdrawal of Russian forces from the Bucha area.

In another intercepted conversation, a man is heard saying, “First you interrogate soldiers, then you shoot them.”

[Image: C7138507-B7-EC-4487-9-D7-A-FFAC4-F084-B7-F.jpg]