Aussie closes her account after teller refuses to let her withdraw money

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...nches.html

A bank customer was left stunned when a teller told her they did not have any cash within the branch to meet her withdrawal request, prompting her to close her account on the spot.

Taryn Comptyn had gone to her bank to withdraw $3,500 to pay for renovations but did not have her ATM card handy.

'I thought "that's fine" I will just go to the teller',' she said in a video posted to social media.

'The teller proceeds to tell me they don't have cash in the bank anymore, that you can only get it out through the ATM but she said "don't worry I'll set you a card up so you can just tap it in place of your card".'

However, when Ms Comptyn tried her temporary card at the ATM it repeatedly flashed up an error message.

'She (the teller) said "I am really sorry there is nothing we can do",' Ms Comptyn said.

'I was like "what do you mean? I need to get my money out of my bank account".

'She was like "really sorry, we don't carry cash here". '

Ms Comptyn said the teller suggested that she could transfer the cash to an account with another bank - if she had one - and access it there.

Stupid Aussie banks want to go ‘cashless’, no longer handle cash at branches for deposits/withdrawals causing inconvenience

ANZ long time ago came into Spore and I got their credit card. They also install their ATM inside some MRT stations then very soon they pull out entirely. All those ATM is not cheap leh. Come in so short withdraw lose big monies for them.

(12-12-2023, 03:24 PM)sgh Wrote:  ANZ long time ago came into Spore and I got their credit card. They also install their ATM inside some MRT stations then very soon they pull out entirely. All those ATM is not cheap leh. Come in so short withdraw lose big monies for them.

ANZ took over from Bank of Scotland, then sold it away.

Things are different now in Australia, all the banks close half of of their ATMs and want to go cashless… branches no longer accept deposits or withdrawals of cash…forcing people go online. RBA government even thinks about charging people a fee for using physical cash, do you think Spore banks will follow the trend soon?

(12-12-2023, 03:33 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  ANZ took over from Bank of Scotland, then sold it away.

Things are different now in Australia, all the banks close half of of their ATMs and want to go cashless… branches no longer accept deposits or withdrawals of cash…forcing people go online. RBA government even thinks about charging people a fee for using physical cash, do you think Spore banks will follow the trend soon?

Spore banks must see the govt policy direction after all they issue bank licence for them to operate leh.