Australia 25M people 17 Gold medals

Population around Malaysia size but is able to produce 17 Gold medal.....half the number of the leader China with 1Billion  people .....

Thought that is impressive.

[Image: sOok1zL.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Because they physical is better than asian..also they have many full time pro...they dont live to get a job get pay..they live to enjoy what they want to do

India : population 1.3 billion

How many gold medals?
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

They got genes to thank for. Their ancestors needed to be able to jump high and run fast to survive as thieves and robbers in the 18-19th century.

Unlike Chinese and other Asians, Aussies love outdoor sports, since young they spend 90% of time doing sports rather than studying at home...that’s the distinction. They dunt like studies, many drop out of school at age of 16.

(06-08-2021, 05:17 PM)starbugs Wrote:  They got genes to thank for. Their ancestors needed to be able to jump high and run fast to survive as thieves and robbers in the 18-19th century.

why are Canadians not doing as well as Aussies?
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

(06-08-2021, 04:12 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Population around Malaysia size but is able to produce 17 Gold medal.....half the number of the leader China with 1Billion  people .....

some Asean & south asian are pariah.one also dont have.

(06-08-2021, 04:45 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Because they physical is better than asian..also they have many full time pro...they dont live to get a job get pay..they live to enjoy what they want to do

(06-08-2021, 05:20 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  iUnlike Chinese and other Asians, Aussies love outdoor sports, since young they spend 90% of time doing sports rather than studying at home...that’s the distinction.

Yes the Australian are physically bigger than Asians, that will give them an advantage in Sports, also their school not only does study, but do sports in their CCA... Big Grin Big Grin

Their ancestors cleared all the difficult hurdles from Europe to reach the dreamland of Australia.

(06-08-2021, 05:24 PM)theold Wrote:  Their ancestors cleared all the difficult hurdles from Europe to reach the dreamland of Australia.

their ancestors were criminals.

(06-08-2021, 05:24 PM)debono Wrote:  Yes the Australian are physically bigger than Asians, that will give them an advantage in Sports, also their school not only does study, but do sports in their CCA... Big Grin Big Grin

their school has no homework

The road to being good at what you do is actually not as difficult as what people make it out to be. You just have to spend tremendous amount of your time doing it. Of cos, passion helps to drive it. If you an inherent talent then it's even better.

In Australia, people can do what they like to do, without being discriminated. If you tell people you're a sportsman in Australia, you'll probably be greeted with 'wow'. In Singapore, you'll also be greeted with 'wow', followed by 'how much can you make out of it'.

We've already stereotyped what success is, which is people who earn lots of money. We need to give emphasis to people who are good in what they do, even though they're not rich.

(06-08-2021, 04:12 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Population around Malaysia size but is able to produce 17 Gold medal.....half the number of the leader China with 1Billion  people .....

with 1b population, the first priority is to feed them. gold medals are not a priority
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

How come you got no wet to mention your motherland India, and how shameless your fatherland US is so desperate to rank itself as Nr.1 in the medal table?   Big Grin

Still feeling "classed" by licking all the angmoh balls?  Big Grin

(06-08-2021, 08:59 PM)merline Wrote:  How come you got no wet to mention your motherland India, and how shameless your fatherland US is so desperate to rank itself as Nr.1 in the medal table?   Big Grin

Still feeling "classed" by licking all the angmoh balls?  Big Grin

India is not my mother land.
India is not good at Olympic sports
They are more into cricket etc.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(06-08-2021, 05:20 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Unlike Chinese and other Asians, Aussies love outdoor sports, since young they spend 90% of time doing sports rather than studying at home...that’s the distinction. They dunt like studies, many drop out of school at age of 16.

wool harvestors and engineers about same pay. Big Grin