Why Western predictions on China were mostly wrong in past decade

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202207/1270741.shtml

‘Ideological bias, problematic political science’ cause failed forecasts

When commenting on China, some in the West only see a country constantly at the cusp of crisis, ranging from predictions of a "China hard landing" or "China collapse," to "COVID is China's Chernobyl moment" and "the end of Communist Party of China's (CPC) rule." Over the past decade, whenever China encountered difficulties and challenges, some Western politicians, scholars and so-called China experts always repeat wild prophecies about the fate of China and the CPC. Needless to say, none was even remotely right.

Far from it, China under the leadership of CPC has overcome various challenges, become stronger than ever and is closer to the center of the global stage than ever. Even under the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, China has showed a much better performance than the West in saving lives and controlling the epidemic since the beginning, and its economic growth is still faster than most major economies, Chinese experts said.

The wrong predictions about China in the past decade have shown an interesting trend of Western understanding of China: from downplaying China's development and exaggerating the problems that China has, to recognizing the fact of China's rise, and now to the anxiety of how to deal with a powerful China with a unique political system and culture that is very different from the West. In other words, from the China Collapse Theory to the China Threat Theory, said analysts.
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

Kokee , Sgbutt, etc. etc. have been predicting for years also!  Rotfl

Wrong?
Just yesterday, Chinese home buyers boycotted mortgage for 200 projects.  274 developers went bankrupt as property price collapse.

Henan account holders 400,000  cannot take their savings.

No country in the world will say what is happening in China real estate is not a crash. If happen anywhere else people will acknowledge it has crashed.

In 2016, the chuna stock market crashed and many China investors were wiped out.

In 2016, China stock market crash

[Image: qSMkzKi.jpg]

What is happening is they whitewash these crashes and make victims absorb losses and never admit to problems.

Had the same think happened somewhere else...it will be acknowledged as crash and sometimes govt has to resign.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Sgbutt, China's stock market is not equivalent to China's economy lah!

(18-07-2022, 03:47 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Sgbutt, China's stock market is not equivalent to China's economy lah!

Let me ask you. Has China property sector crash or not?
Just answer me.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(18-07-2022, 03:54 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Let me ask you. Has China property sector crash or not?
Just answer me.

No.

(18-07-2022, 03:38 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Wrong?
Just yesterday, Chinese home buyers boycotted mortgage for 200 projects.  274 developers went bankrupt as property price collapse.

Henan account holders 400,000  cannot take their savings.

No country in the world will say what is happening in China real estate is not a crash. If happen anywhere else people will acknowledge it has crashed.

In 2016, the chuna stock market crashed and many China investors were wiped out.

In 2016, China stock market crash

[Image: qSMkzKi.jpg]

What is happening is they whitewash these crashes and  make victims absorb losses and never admit to problems.

Had the same think happened somewhere else...it will be acknowledged as crash and sometimes govt has to resign.

So China collapsed? When will they be wipe off from earth? Come on...quick

Smile

(18-07-2022, 03:54 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  No.

(30-06-2022, 07:40 PM)kokee Wrote:  china property excess is scary, mostly stock up for profit.
Now how cheap also dont buy, ccp will by force but too late, no money now, banks will hit badly.

房地產1000萬套法拍房,4000萬套斷供房,銀行金融體系也要玩兒完

韭菜不上当了,房价不断暴跌,大家继续坚持,胜利就在眼前

like that dont consider crash? all these comie liars here.
why all stop & abandon paying housing loan  in china today? because property price crash!
If price shoot to sky, morons also will continue to pay! no money? then crash harder!
all these comie dogs liars here!!

(18-07-2022, 04:00 PM)kokee Wrote:  like that dont consider crash? all these comie liars here.
why all stop & abandon paying housing loan  in china today? because property price crash!
If price shoot to sky, morons also will continue to pay! no money? then crash harder!
all these comie dogs liars here!!

Bankrupt loser kokee howling again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again 
Who let the slave kokee out woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof 

https://media.tenor.com/images/ea22762db.../tenor.gif 

Jealousy kokee

Moronic kokee Cok loves to post LIES and FAKE NEWS from Falun Gong Cult!  Rotfl

(18-07-2022, 11:33 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202207/1270741.shtml

‘Ideological bias, problematic political science’ cause failed forecasts

When commenting on China, some in the West only see a country constantly at the cusp of crisis, ranging from predictions of a "China hard landing" or "China collapse," to "COVID is China's Chernobyl moment" and "the end of Communist Party of China's (CPC) rule." Over the past decade, whenever China encountered difficulties and challenges, some Western politicians, scholars and so-called China experts always repeat wild prophecies about the fate of China and the CPC. Needless to say, none was even remotely right.

Far from it, China under the leadership of CPC has overcome various challenges, become stronger than ever and is closer to the center of the global stage than ever. Even under the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, China has showed a much better performance than the West in saving lives and controlling the epidemic since the beginning, and its economic growth is still faster than most major economies, Chinese experts said.

The wrong predictions about China in the past decade have shown an interesting trend of Western understanding of China: from downplaying China's development and exaggerating the problems that China has, to recognizing the fact of China's rise, and now to the anxiety of how to deal with a powerful China with a unique political system and culture that is very different from the West. In other words, from the China Collapse Theory to the China Threat Theory, said analysts.

When were they ever right in the 1st place leh?

(18-07-2022, 04:04 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  When were they ever right in the 1st place leh?

They are right about moronic Kokee Cok!  Rotfl

Aiya, if something that can be predicted by the chow angmos, the Chinese would have pre-empt it before it happened. So we can safely treat all the angmos prediction as craps.

It is something unpredictable like red water floods or typhoons that are worrying....... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(18-07-2022, 11:33 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  Why Western predictions on China were mostly wrong in past decade

Yes, they have been wrong a lot more times than right in the past 3 decades. I used to think they could be right back in the 1990s but the west was wrong again and again that I just watched instead of reacting to these "predictions".

Not just China. I also stopped taking seriously those "predictions" on USA, Russia, India etc especially those about their impending demise.  Especially for China and USA because such huge countries will not go that easily. It will take centuries. Ok, both are centuries old, especially China, so the possibility is there but nowadays I just observed instead of commenting and predicting coffeeshop-style, in a way, just like these western media.

(18-07-2022, 03:54 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  No.

Given the turmoil in china property market and property developers suspended with bond holders q d shareholders wiped out....and home buyers boycotting payment because they paid and are afraid their homes may never be delivered.

If all this is not a crash....then there is no such thing as crash in the China dictionary.

(18-07-2022, 04:23 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Given the turmoil in china property market and property developers suspended with bond holders q d shareholders wiped out....and home buyers boycotting payment because they paid and are afraid their homes may never be delivered.

If all this is not a crash....then there is no such thing as crash in the China dictionary.

When you have no reliable and credible  data to substantiate your claims, it simply means that your claims are NOT valid!  Big Grin

[Image: ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes teaserteam's post

https://www.lowyinstitute.org/publicatio...pse-theory

THE COLLAPSE OF THE “CHINESE COLLAPSE” THEORY

In Japan, they call it “the collapse of the ‘Chinese collapse’ theory.”

The line, which harks back to more than a decade of dire predictions about China, is a joking way to describe the state of the Middle Kingdom’s economy.

Far from falling in debt-laden heap, the economy is looking robust in the medium term. Many of the perennial China bears are retreating into hibernation.

It is a joke delivered somewhat mordantly, of course, as the Japanese thrive on a strong Chinese economy and also fear a strong China, much like many Australians.