BETTER INVESTOR EDUCATION AND PROTECTION NEEDED FOR S-REIT INVESTORS - BUSINESS TIMES

[Image: gabriel-yap-8745b822_better-investor-edu...esktop_web]
[Image: BT-26-May-2022.jpg]

Bro nice. You got featured on advertorial today. Will have many people looking to sign up for your course.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Table below is a cautionary tale. Most reits fall below their IPO prices after they list.

[Image: bPLUIpR.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

[Image: qEjozsD.jpg]

[Image: wZLHtHd.jpg]

It is a useful article and here's my take on it.

1. There is little stopping companies from taking advantage of investors by listing assets at an inflated stock price why beyond market value.

2. While it is the same problem for all types of businesses, REITs have a lure of high yield and is often perceived by investors as safer since they own hard assets.

3. Often when I go through a REITs showing the IPO price is below asset valuation...what comes to mind is why don''t they put the assets on sale instead of packaging it as REITs to sell to us retail investors.

4. If you look at Gabriel Yap's table it shows most REITs fall below IPO price after a few years. We really have to wonder if the valuations assigned were too high in the first place . In the case of EHT the valuation it was fraudulent.

When I put up my building for sale many years back, at least three reit owner come and offer thirty to fifty percent more then my asking price, but need to commit to ten years rental at their fixed price, I ask them go fly layang, this indirectly caused many bubble in asset price espically industrial properties.

(02-06-2022, 01:19 PM)Ken Wrote:  When I put up my building for sale many years back, at least three reit owner come and offer thirty to fifty percent more then my asking price, but need to commit to ten years rental at their fixed price, I ask them go fly layang, this indirectly caused many bubble in asset price espically industrial properties.

Looks like financial engineering...Good for 10yrs then break after the leaseback period.