BYD to launch a more affordable electric city car under $13,000

EV. 

In 2023, the brand has even bolder ambitions with the launch of more affordable models, including an extremely affordable city electric hatchback. 

This hatchback is called the BYD Seagull and has a starting price – in China – at the equivalent of $12,750

Very thin margins.

Because CATL is still around to make the battery and another company can make the IGBT....almost anyone who wants to make an electric car can do it.

Xiaomi is about to launch. Apple is also going to launch as these companies treat the electric car as a software platform.

I exited by BYD position when I had the chance.
Buffett us also exiting but he has an elephant position and will take months to do so.

The electric car is much easier to make than petrol engine. That's the problem. For petrol car Toyota can claim its engine better than Hyundai. But electric car has very little differentiator ...battery and motor and semiconductor are all commoditised.

If anything the EV is q software platform self driving and connectivity. BYD is not good at these.

Baidu dominates self driving tech in China and the data it has collected to do it. The tech licensing is going to be a goldmine.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(21-01-2023, 09:38 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Very thin margins.

Because CATL is still around to make the battery and another company can make the IGBT....almost anyone who wants to make an electric car can do it.

Xiaomi is about to launch. Apple is also going to launch as these companies treat the electric car as a software platform.

Buffett us also exiting but he has an elephant position and will take months to do so.

The electric car is much easier to make than petrol engine. That's the problem. For petrol car Toyota can claim its engine better  than Hyundai. But electric car has very little differentiator ...battery and motor and semiconductor are all commoditised.

If anything the EV is q software platform self driving and connectivity. BYD is not good at these.

Baidu dominates self driving tech in China and the data it has collected to do it. The tech licensing is going to be a goldmine.

Aiyah....don't u know most  brand of cars are sold around that price in China? U think car price around $100+++k like SG ah? Rotfl

Car is cheap outside Sg lah. Rotfl

Our current transportation model needs to go for big revamp. Our ranking is dropping.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

https://mothership.sg/2022/11/singapore-...0Stockholm.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(21-01-2023, 10:38 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Car is cheap outside Sg lah. Rotfl

Our current transportation model needs to go for big revamp. Our ranking is dropping.

If DYB is selling it @ S$13,000 to dealers
What will be total on the road +COE?

Singapore public transportation is ranked No
4th becoz prices of car is very expensive.

If Singapore car prices matches Hongkong, then Singapore Public transportation ranking may drop from 4th to probably 22nd

(21-01-2023, 09:29 AM)Scythian Wrote:  EV. In 2023, the brand has even bolder ambitions with the launch of more affordable models, including an extremely affordable city electric hatchback. 

This hatchback is called the BYD Seagull and has a starting price – in China – at the equivalent of $12,750

Now you finally wake up to how Chinese EV is impacting the global new energy vehicle market....with Aussies are now going ga ga over Atto 3 for its value for $ + quality.

Don't say i didn't warned you hor. Big Grin

https://thedriven.io/2022/11/04/byd-leap...n-october/

(21-01-2023, 10:40 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  https://mothership.sg/2022/11/singapore-...0Stockholm.

Every 2mins or so one train in frequency, cannot live w/o it . Big Grin

(21-01-2023, 09:38 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Very thin margins.Because CATL is still around to make the battery and another company can make the IGBT....almost anyone who wants to make an electric car can do it.
Xiaomi is about to launch. Apple is also going to launch as these companies treat the electric car as a software platform. I exited by BYD position when I had the chance.
Buffett us also exiting but he has an elephant position and will take months to do so.The electric car is much easier to make than petrol engine. That's the problem. For petrol car Toyota can claim its engine better  than Hyundai. But electric car has very little differentiator ...battery and motor and semiconductor are all commoditised. If anything the EV is q software platform self driving and connectivity. BYD is not good at these.Baidu dominates self driving tech in China and the data it has collected to do it. The tech licensing is going to be a goldmine.

For your pleasure reading during this CNY festivity. Big Grin

https://www.barrons.com/articles/byd-sto...1673343564

(21-01-2023, 09:38 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Very thin margins.

The electric car is much easier to make than petrol engine. That's the problem. For petrol car Toyota can claim its engine better  than Hyundai. But electric car has very little differentiator ...battery and motor and semiconductor are all commoditised.

You don't know technology!  Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

(21-01-2023, 12:19 PM)Rubitin Wrote:    Every 2mins or so one train in frequency, cannot live w/o it . Big Grin

Hmmm...in 2 minutes, the Chinese NIO's EP9 EV supercar will cover 11km at terminal max +310kph...

Just ask ex-TopGear host Richard Hammond Big Grin. And yes he survived the test drive... Big Grin

Need to add one more zero behind to the selling price when the car comes to Singapore

[Image: Image_4.jpg?p=medium600]
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

(21-01-2023, 02:06 PM)winbig Wrote:  Need to add one more zero behind to the selling price when the car comes to Singapore

Extra zero to feed the politicians

All so fat

(21-01-2023, 02:26 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  [Image: Image_4.jpg?p=medium600]

Wow! Didn't know the humble compact EV was the official vehicle during the recent G20 Summit in Bali

https://setkab.go.id/en/govt-receives-30...20-summit/
[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post