BYD vs Tesla YTD...

44% outperformance vs Tesla, the world most venerated stock. ...

I posted analysis sometime back not sure if here in the old forum. ..that I will put my money on BYD instead of Tesla despite popularity of Tesla.

There was a 10X valuation difference between the 2. Either one is too expensive or the other too cheap.

No doubt Tesla makes higher margin on every car due to its branding. This advantage is not so pronounced in the China market, biggest in the World where there is some.respect for local champions like BYD.

The difference between the 2 stocks started to be show more clearly when both US and China market weakened and pricey hyped up stocks discarded and true value matters. I expect going ahead reality will sink in among investors that the price you pay for a stock matters ...the price is not just a number.

[Image: ZBn9RSs.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

There is a reason why Warren Buffett placed $6.1B in BYD, and zero with Telsa.

[Image: GettyImages-104564339-e1614623458443.jpg?resize=750,500]

MOH use to supply us with BYD surgical mask...not anymore...ll

I got a few packs at home

(20-05-2022, 05:07 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  MOH use to supply us with BYD surgical mask...not anymore...ll
I got a few packs at home

BYD decided to re-tools some of its factory line to produce mask during the early stage of the Pandemic in 2020. Now they are the world's largest surgical mask producer.
This is e.g. of how one need to be adaptive and move fast.

Growth is much higher than Tesla and valuation is just a tiny fraction of Tesla. Warren Buffett has not sold a single share for 15yrs since he bought BYD in 2008.

One stock goes to new lows the other goes to new high. There is a 64%  outperformance vs Tesla in 3 months as Elon Musk pick quarrels everywhere a tries to buy Twitter using is horribly overvalued Tesla stock.

[Image: 9GbH7hT.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

BYD sells out 4 months of inventory in 6 hours. By next year BYD will sell more cars that Tesla since it's existence

BYD purchased 6 lithium mines in Africa and now control enough lithium for 27 million vehicles.

BYD total integration includes BYD semi conductor which makes critical parts like IGBT. BYD battery which just became 2nd largest car battery maker in the world after CATL.

It is now the largest electric bus maker in the world and will soon be the largest EV maker by end of the year. Toyota, Hyundai will have to tap on BYD for manufacturing.

What is the CEO name? ....do you know? Actually he is a smart but humble guy who keeps a low profile. He does not go around to talk his stock up and hype the stock leading to overpricing and crash.

Warren Buffett already pick this stock for you. Think about it

https://paultan.org/2022/05/24/byd-seal-...yd-atto-4/

Good stock or not as long as the stock is over value meaning too expensive to buy

Many ttheorise that Tesla is falling because market bad..then every stock should fall. Why then is BYD rising?

Has it occurred to them that Tesla is a bad investment due to overvaluation and competition?

One moment cut headcount the next moment increase headcount I think Elon is a snake oil seller

BYD literally took Tesla entire Model 3 market in China over a span of one week with its Seal model

If Tesla compete by selling at same price it would lose alot of money on every car because it does not have the technology to compete....

BYD makes jts own LFP battery with technology to enhance performance  BYD makes its one 2nd gen IGBT which Tesla need to buy from Infineon.

BYD rose 5.4% as Tesla fell 9% on Friday.

[Image: v7mcfzl.jpg]

https://electrek.co/2022/05/23/byd-seal-...ompetitor/

According to master leong news is out.
Tesla that claimed it has the lead in battery technology on every "battery day" it repeated those claims.

It is now buying battery from Buffett's BYD after losing put jn this area. BYD now has control of 6 Africa Lithium mines and a huge supply of Lithium. .
BYD will be a top performer in the coming months as it is now way ahead of Tesla in all.areas except FSD which it can license from MobileEye. 

Elon Musk was distracted by all sorts of things is now out maneuvered 
the battery technology battle.

BYD hits new high leaving Tesla further behind.
By year end BYD deliveries will double tesla.

More than triple from where I stared buying.

I believe a BYD- Baidu deal is imminent and the deal will mean BYD takes the lead in all key technologies.

Tesla has to buy battery from BYD.
BYD makes its own IGBT, Tesla does not have the technology and buys from Infineon.

Tesla's technological edge has all but disappeared.
[Image: wd0rsHz.jpg]

Although BYD is now triple my initial buying price.
I have purchased more today as it take taken a huge lead over tesla.

I don't expect it to have the bubble over valuation we see for tesla but it should go towards Toyota's valuation in the next 12 months.

The Chinese govt and industry has this one chance to take the auto industry using transition to electric only BYD can fulfil the national champion role....in terms of scale and capability. The other big players in related tech is CATL and Baidu. Nio Xpeng etc will have a role occupying  the luxury segment.

I don't think the China govt will drop the ball on this with millions of jobs at stake ...it is of strategic importance and give  the country a chance to leap from the west where EV adoption is much lower.

[Image: 8LJeMC4.jpg]