Bangkok ranked in sixth place with nickname ‘Street Food Capital of the World’

"Bangkok ranked in sixth place with nickname ‘Street Food Capital of the World’ – Time Out"

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnews...Time%20Out

How come pinoyland not inside?

https://efe.com/en/other-news/2023-04-24...s-poorest/

Top 10 ranking

1. Naples
2. Johannesburg 
3. Lima 
4. Ho Chi Minh City
5. Beijing
6. Bangkok
7. Kuala Lumpur
8. Mumbai
9. Dubai
10. Portland

(10-06-2024, 07:14 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Top 10 ranking

1. Naples
2. Johannesburg 
3. Lima 
4. Ho Chi Minh City
5. Beijing
6. Bangkok
7. Kuala Lumpur
8. Mumbai
9. Dubai
10. Portland

Where is Singapore hawker centre?

(10-06-2024, 07:31 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Where is Singapore hawker centre?

Yet to be discovered, the hidden gem

Bangkok and likely any small city in Thailand beats Singapore hands down when it comes to proper hwaker fare.

Sad to see Singapore food culture deteriorate to such a state where we read of zoomers get excited at the latest McDonald's burger LOL!

(10-06-2024, 07:52 PM)aiptasia Wrote:  Bangkok and likely any small city in Thailand beats Singapore hands down when it comes to proper hwaker fare.

Sad to see Singapore food culture deteriorate to such a state where we read of zoomers get excited at the latest McDonald's burger LOL!

"Our Hawker Culture is well-loved by all Singaporeans and we are proud to have it recognised by UNESCO as an intangible culture heritage. Our successful inscription is a tribute to our hawkers, who are at the core of our Hawker Culture, and whom we will continue to support to sustain their hawker trade.

16 Dec 2020"

Note
Today, it's all BS'ing (many up lorry)
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

Bigiron
How can these 2 dishes of dim sum cost $9 at coffee shop? https://tinyurl.com/25nn69dw

Singapore hawker charged 0.50 cents for an empty bowl

If you asked for 10 it's $5.00

We do not have street food except expensive hawker Centers. Even Pasar Malam food is not exciting because no one can enjoy eat until shiok.

Of course in Singapore lah. Duh...

Smile

(10-06-2024, 07:52 PM)aiptasia Wrote:  Bangkok and likely any small city in Thailand beats Singapore hands down when it comes to proper hwaker fare.

Err.  McD came to Singapore when the boomers were still yang...still in the army or just ROD (called ORD nao).  I shant Google but remember off the top of my head...it was around 1979/1980 ba.

McD has an entrenched brand image, and it helps that it also offers value for money plus aircon comfort.  Zoomers are doing, getting excited over, the same things that boomers and xoomers were........lining up for Hello Kitty toys.  Ask your mommy.  She still keeps a few of them. Rolleyes

Anyway, you are living in the past lorh.  The latest fads are Jollibee and Mookata for local zoomers and mala for tiong zoomers.  I don't know what jhk zoomers like.  They seem to be eating cai png all the taim.  

Btw, it's hawker, not hwaker.  Taim to remove your mouth from your mother's tits when speaking...and you'll speak better, sound better... Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(11-06-2024, 08:57 AM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  We do not have street food except expensive hawker Centers. Even Pasar Malam food is not exciting because no one can enjoy eat until shiok.

Bugis street and China Town

(11-06-2024, 09:29 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Err.  McD came to Singapore when the boomers were still yang...still in the army or just ROD (called ORD nao).  I shant Google but remember off the top of my head...it was around 1979/1980 ba.

McD has an entrenched brand image, and it helps that it also offers value for money plus aircon comfort.  Zoomers are doing, getting excited over, the same things that boomers and xoomers were........lining up for Hello Kitty toys.  Ask your mommy.  She still keeps a few of them. Rolleyes

Anyway, you are living in the past lorh.  The latest fads are Jollibee and Mookata for local zoomers and mala for tiong zoomers.  I don't know what jhk zoomers like.  They seem to be eating cai png all the taim.  

Btw, it's hawker, not hwaker.  Taim to remove your mouth from your mother's tits when speaking...and you'll speak better, sound better... Rolleyes

Fug off, CECA pundek!!

One typo and you mouth off like some fugging long winded CECA old cock.  You made your own typo mistake above and you want to lecture me??

Your mother shat you out of her arsehole - lick her shite lah, CCB!  

Not happy come out and let me punch your fugging fat CECA face - remember to turn the other cheek because Jesus said so  Laughing

(10-06-2024, 07:09 PM)Handuo Wrote:  How come pinoyland not inside?

https://efe.com/en/other-news/2023-04-24...s-poorest/

Name me 1 pinoy whore good well known dish ... just 1

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Singapore Street food chased off the streets long ago

(11-06-2024, 11:58 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Name me 1 pinoy whore good well known dish ... just 1

The Philippines doesn't have well known dishes although I can name a few LOL.

Bangkok should be No. 1

[Image: tokyo-sweets.jpg]

Bangkok should be No. 1

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Bangkok should be #1

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Taiwan should be up there as well

[Image: nintchdbpict000284717136.jpg]

Taiwan is fantastic as well

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRc_lnD3ZFEU7ybUS2Wh7H...s&usqp=CAU]

Too exp, no longer considered as cheap street food. Sad

Like Taiwan night market, moi last time go ish more than a decade ago $50+ for two can jiak from one end of the street to the other end to taste dozens of dishes. The fried cheekon chop bigger than moi palm ish less than $2 in SGD. But tiagong these dazes the price also up by few folds too and no longer that cheap liao. Sad

There was a time when the country asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things.

But now, they'll only do it for money.

(12-06-2024, 01:22 PM)Soulhacker Wrote:  Too exp, no longer considered as cheap street food. Like Taiwan night market, moi last time go ish more than a decade ago $50+ for two can jiak from one end of the street to the other end to taste dozens of dishes. The fried cheekon chop bigger than moi palm ish less than $2 in SGD. But tiagong these dazes the price also up by few folds too and no longer that cheap liao. Sad

Taiwanese street food vendors are fabulous

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8E_z9w6_bdacGn8sIEUp...HHe9Xjig&s]
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(12-06-2024, 02:57 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Taiwanese street food vendors are fabulous

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8E_z9w6_bdacGn8sIEUp...HHe9Xjig&s]

Too bad the last time moi went, are still mostly the typical Taiwan auntie and uncle hawkers. Sad

There was a time when the country asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things.

But now, they'll only do it for money.

all street food are dirty to some extend... look at the pasar malam of spore u know better.
oil no change. cook and cook all over again.

food sell and sell over night,, u eat u die yr business..

avoid all street food and pasar malam all expensive and useless... food poisoning and so on..

Let them win, coz they don't have hawker centres.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

(12-06-2024, 05:31 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Let them win, coz they don't have hawker centres.

Good excuse

So, who's fault?

(12-06-2024, 05:31 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Let them win, coz they don't have hawker centres.

Laughing

Hawker centre and food court owners making most money on high rentals while stall owners charged it to customers.

Street hawkers pay little rent or no rent.