Carrie Lam’s Departure Signals a Further Crackdown in Hong Kong

https://thediplomat.com/2022/04/carrie-l...hong-kong/

Under her tenure, Lam introduced an Extradition Bill that would have allowed Hong Kongers to be extradited to mainland China, banned the wearing of face masks, ushered in film censorship laws, disbanded student unions, trade unions, and independent media, introduced national security education, and dutifully implemented the draconian National Security Law, which has seen the mass arrest of pro-democracy activists, lawmakers, and journalists.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(08-05-2022, 08:06 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Under her tenure, Lam introduced an Extradition Bill that would have allowed Hong Kongers to be extradited to mainland China, banned the wearing of face masks, ushered in film censorship laws, disbanded student unions, trade unions, and independent media, introduced national security education, and dutifully implemented the draconian National Security Law, which has seen the mass arrest of pro-democracy activists, lawmakers, and journalists.

That's a lot of heavy legislation to repress a society that does not even  get to vote for leaders.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

her successor will be very much tougher. better run road fast if one is not happy living there

Crack down on foreign spies and Hongkie HJ!  Clapping

I see this John Lee's face I know he's not a good person.

(08-05-2022, 08:19 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I see this John Lee's face I know he's not a good person.

Good means what?

If Xi jinpin approved then he must be good

(08-05-2022, 08:10 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  her successor will be very much tougher. better run road fast if one is not happy living there

Welcome to Singapore
Please invest more money here.
You will not be treated as second class citizen.