Bet you all didn't know that!!

[Image: mercator-vs-truesize_grande.png?v=1574696792]

https://topglobe.co.uk/blogs/news/why-do...%20a%20map.

Why does Russia look bigger than Africa on a map?

The knowledge of the majority of people about the relative sizes of countries is probably based on maps than statistics.
The Mercator projection, the most popular world map, distorts the size of the shape of landmasses near the pole. This results in Russia looking bigger than Africa.  Actually Africa can nearly fit two Russias.  In fact, Africa has an area of 11.73 million square miles while Russian one is only 6.6 million square miles.

One can refer to the image below to get the exact sizes of countries compared to what we are used to on a map.  

In fact, China looks equal in size to Russia!

And Australia is as big as China and USA same size as China

Greenland is rather small in real size than in the mercator map

So now you know

I got one cousin last time told me ,

the world way back ancient days is One big country later due to " Nature " split to various parts.

if you see the world map is like a big puzzle which been scatter around but if you imaging putting it back is a Just one big country.

(28-03-2023, 12:03 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I got one cousin last time told me ,

the world way back ancient days is One big country later due to " Nature " split to various parts.

if you see the world map is like a big puzzle which been scatter around but if you imaging putting it back is a Just one big country.

One big land mass broken up due to plate tectonic movements.

All the more CCP should march northward and take back 江山.