Bill Gates Says US Won't Be Able to Limit China's Microchip Industry

https://sputniknews.com/20230302/bill-ga...55520.html

Cannot stop but delay.

Away way if china decides to cut supply of battery to US..what happens? China is biggest maker of EV batteries, handphoneo batteries, etc etc.

That is why the Biden chip ban actually lacks alot of teeth and eventually effects also will wear out.

It is to placate the voters took tough on China.

China should learn to work with Biden because it is the best they can get. Biden has no path to next presidential election and has least political stake. Initially he did not want to anything to the balloon, only when political pressure mounts then he did something.

The alternative to Biden is the US right wing led by Trump. It will be worse.

So far China has done several things right like not crossing the redline on the Russia- Ukraine war.

They should work with Biden to steer away from the direction Trump set in the political arena. It is mutually beneficial.

China instead is playing the game of "rising power". This not only will not end well for China it is a fantasy for now as US+EU economy is several times the size of China. China's internal demographics and debt issues will weigh heavily. Its political model has not reach a state of mature stability.

I believe over time China will be stronger and along with India play a role in a multi polar world. US power will decline as these 2 giants emerges. However, any attempts to speed up these historic outcomes is counter productive and invite actions from current powers to stall and weaken the rise.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Talk is cheap. Needs to talk in Pentagon like a Senator. Otherwise tak boleh pakai.