Black man died after cops used stun guns on him repeatedly

By HANNAH SCHOENBAUM
January 24, 2023

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Raleigh police used stun guns three times during a struggle with a man who died in custody this month

Darryl Tyree Williams, 32, died at a hospital after being confronted and handcuffed by officers in the Southeast Raleigh neighborhood early Jan. 17

Police attempted to arrest him for possession of a controlled substance after they found a folded dollar bill with white powder in his pocket, the report said.

Williams refused to put his hands behind his back to be handcuffed, resisted officers and ignored warnings that they would use stun guns, it said. After he was stunned the first of three times, Williams ran a short distance across a parking lot before losing balance and falling to the ground.

When a Taser was first held against his body, the report said Williams could be heard in an officer’s body camera video saying, “I have heart problems.” He was then stunned once more.

Williams became unresponsive and stopped breathing after he was handcuffed. Officers rendered aid until emergency medical personnel arrived, and he was pronounced dead at a hospital.

https://apnews.com/article/north-carolin...455ef9014c
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

The blacks are easy targets of mata violence.
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

Guy is a drug user?

So long as police follow procedure and don't use violence.

The alternative to stun gun is?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

SE Raleigh is quite a shady place with high crime rate. Other parts of raleigh, nearby durham and Charlotte are quite safe.