ComCare disburses $236m to a record 96,040 individuals

Economic fallout from Covid-19 pandemic sees sharp rise of those on Short-to-Medium-Term Assistance.

The number of individuals receiving financial aid from ComCare, a key social safety net for the low-income in Singapore, was the highest in its last financial year since it was set up in 2005.

A total of 96,040 beneficiaries were on the various Community Care Endowment Fund (ComCare Fund) schemes in it last financial year, which ended in March.  This is a 22 per cent increase from the 78,580 people in the year before...

Part of an article found in today's The New Paper

ComCare is under Ministry of Social Family Development and is the same as what SG Mayors are doing, too?

There is something wrong with how PAP design the work, over- lapping each other and you- check- me while I- check- them Bollywood culture.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(14-10-2021, 08:49 AM)Ola Wrote:  ComCare is under Ministry of Social Family Development and is the same as what SG Mayors are doing, too?

There is something wrong with how PAP design the work, over- lapping each other and you- check- me while I- check- them Bollywood culture.

The Civil service just have too many staff to do over-lapping work ......

(14-10-2021, 08:53 AM)debono Wrote:  The Civil service just have too many staff to do over-lapping work ......

Denise Phua and the other 4 Mayors are busy with disbursing $100 vouchers while this is the job done by ComCare.

WSG has Career Coaches and Career Ambassadors who do the the same job of providing a list of job portals and what skills future courses are available.

SPHoldings also need 2 PAP Chairman ( Mr Umbrage and Mr Khaw)  to do the same job. 

PAP is wasting too much money without being effective nor productive.

Such a spendthrift like Rich Spoilt Kids.

If you do the maths it works out to ard $200 a month....
The newspapers like to report blockbuster headline numbers...that there is so much help for so many people.

In reality ...one GLC like SIA was burning through more than this amount in 1 month....and no issue pumping in money to keep it afloat and patch its past errors of massive losses from fuel hedging. Even if we come out of this crisis airlines will have negative cashflow for years and decades and will continue to be fed with money.

But it is always an issue helping the poor.in Singapore and whenever something is given big headlines news to amplify govt generosity.

But the reality if one looks at where money is going and being burnt....poor are the really at the bottom of priority compared with all other developed countries.

We need to take govt out of its links to business to let the private sector take the lead. Govt should focus on society and social issues.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Only 2% of GST collected is used.

From IRAS website-

[Image: IRAS-tax-collected-18-19.png]