Breaking : COE results. ...

[Image: Hc9rQv4.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Singaporeans are crazy. Paying so much for a piece of toilet paper to buy car. Govt laughing all the way to the treasury.

tomorrow will be a better day

The govt should increase tax for families who own more than one car. So that it gives other people a fair chance at owning cars.

(23-03-2022, 04:58 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: Hc9rQv4.jpg]

Wonderful!  Clapping

(23-03-2022, 05:34 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  The govt should increase tax for families who own more than one car. So that it gives other people a fair chance at owning cars.

No  I disagree. Car should not be seen as a desirable possession since it pollutes our environment. We tax 2nd car owned to discourage but not to give other a chance. The COE should be reduced in number and people should learn to take public transport. Cars are unnecessary.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(23-03-2022, 05:42 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  No  I disagree. Car should not be seen as a desirable possession since it pollutes our environment. We tax 2nd car owned to discourage but not to give other a chance. The COE should be reduced in number and people should learn to take public transport. Cars are unnecessary.

Some families need car, dude.

Many cash rich here taking public transport till covid hit us. Now it's time to buy a car for safety reason. Few friends buying cars where price is not an issue. COE to continue to raise.

(23-03-2022, 05:45 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Some families need car, dude.

Is " subjective " If every families so call need a car because got kids some claim i got many kids , send them to school , blah blah like that every families also own a car lor?

Some more EPIC, own a car just to drive to work and back home , come weekend don't drive take public transport.

My Rich friend say these people must well don't own a car better like struggling to own one

I only know a lot Civil servants like this, own Car JUST TO DRIVE TO WORK , well they can partly job is SAFE NO worry on loans etc

ah butt, not everybody has shops, bus stops and mrt stations nearby his hoise. you shd tell that to ppl like hurry mao, li xiao long, hole jin ho and etc

(23-03-2022, 05:34 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  The govt should increase tax for families who own more than one car. So that it gives other people a fair chance at owning cars.

This is correct.

(23-03-2022, 05:45 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Some families need car, dude.

That cannot be true. Here is why.

If they cannot afford a car, their needs are not met? Is singapore a country where people's needs go unmet?

Many Singaporeans who cannot afford a car learn to live without one. Hence a car is a luxury not a necessity.

If it is true there are people who cannot live with a car then they should have priority  access to cheap cars.

(23-03-2022, 05:58 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Is " subjective " If every families so call need a car because got kids some claim i got many kids , send them to school , blah blah like that every families also own a car lor?

Some more EPIC, own a car just to drive to work and back home , come weekend don't drive take public transport.

My Rich friend say these people must well don't own a car better like struggling to own one

I only know a lot Civil servants like this, own Car JUST TO DRIVE TO WORK , well they can partly job is SAFE NO worry on loans etc

Yes. Petrol cost should be the least of the concern.

(23-03-2022, 05:51 PM)mikotan Wrote:  Many cash rich here taking public transport till covid hit us. Now it's time to buy a car for safety reason. Few friends buying cars where price is not an issue. COE to continue to raise.

Ya la. Take own car go out feel safe. The mrt or air-con bus so scary.

good.. Govt make more money.

Time to scrap COE… Daylight robbery…. Rotfl
Song Boh!

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(23-03-2022, 06:42 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  That cannot be true. Here is why.

If they cannot afford a car, their needs are not met? Is singapore a country where people's needs go unmet?

Many Singaporeans who cannot afford a car learn to live without one. Hence a car is a luxury not a necessity.

If it is true there are people who cannot live with a car then they should have priority  access to cheap cars.

Cheap cars in this small island? You must be joking. Don’t you know that cars are heavily taxed by the government ?. Plus the companies that sell the cars also make profits.

(23-03-2022, 06:57 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Time to scrap COE… Daylight robbery…. Rotfl
Song Boh!

No way that this greedy government will kill the goose that lays the golden egg. 
As the mad hatter previously boasted that their country manufactures the Proton cars to make money, then LKY replied that we sell pieces of paper to make millions.

I better take public transport…. Rotfl
So foolish to feed the greedy garment.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

If base on Cat A COE.
$71556, excluding car price.
For $71556/365/10 = $19.60 per day for transport… Rotfl

$19.60, I can eat a decent meal…
I can eat for 10 years…
Don’t forget still got to factor in car interest which is flat rate….

is not say every Gov policy I oppose for the seek been opposition

but for car in SG , I do support on COE, imaging car is cheap in SG everyone literally just earn 2k also can afford to drive with no worry on loans

how SG road will be? Next SG land actually A lot used to build roads not HDB flat in fact.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(23-03-2022, 06:42 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  That cannot be true. Here is why.

Of course, if they entirely cannot afford it then there's no choice. Just like if you only have money for one meal a day that's also no choice. But if the reason is because the rich is hoarding the food then the govt could make it easier for you to have a second meal.

There are people who need car. If don't have will not die but it will be a very big inconvenience. But for the rich it's different. They have a 2nd, 3rd or 4th car at home but at times they're not heavily used. It's a matter of luxury compared to others who have more need of the car, for example, need to bring old folks or handicapped kins to hospitals. If you ask cannot take taxi meh, of course can, but it's very very inconvenient.

without coe, the money will hv to be squeezed from somewhere else. yr monthly minimum expenses will increase from 300 to 500. is that ok?
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

(23-03-2022, 07:39 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Of course, if they entirely cannot afford it then there's no choice. Just like if you only have money for one meal a day that's also no choice. But if the reason is because the rich is hoarding the food then the govt could make it easier for you to have a second meal.

There are people who need car. If don't have will not die but it will be a very big inconvenience. But for the rich it's different. They have a 2nd, 3rd or 4th car at home but at times they're not heavily used. It's a matter of luxury compared to others who have more need of the car, for example, need to bring old folks or handicapped kins to hospitals. If you ask cannot take taxi meh, of course can, but it's very very inconvenient.

Yes, a car is for convenience especially for those who can't move around easily like you say. But it is not a necessity especially now we have private hire cars on top of taxis.

If can afford, why not? If can't, then make do with other options lah. Even an old 2nd car is useful if can help ferry sick, old folks or very young kids.

It is a personal choice, a trade off. Own car means less money for other things. If really can't afford, there is always out world class public transport system.

(23-03-2022, 07:48 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  without coe, the money will hv to be squeezed from somewhere else. yr monthly minimum expenses will increase from 300 to 500. is that ok?

It is becos you don’t know there is a thing called Cost reduction. Big Grin

Every policy/action, we must set a limit.
Once it is beyond the limit… It is a bad policy.
Now it is only the rich can afford to buy a car but not the middle or middle low income anymore.

Even with COE, there will still squeeze from somewhere else.

Aiya 100k nia flipping stocks markets few rounds Earn back liao  Big Grin