Buddhist thread

十二因缘法

无明缘行,行缘识;识缘名色,名色比缘六入;
六入缘触,触缘受;受缘爱,爱缘取;
取缘有,有缘生;生缘生老忧悲苦恼。

I want to introduce you to a sutra that I like very much.

佛说五蕴皆空经

An except from the sutra

您们当知。色身不是我。若是我的话,色身不应该生病和受到苦恼,若色是我的话,我想要这样的色身,我不想要这样的色身。既然不能这样。随顺我的情感与欲望。所以应当知道。色身不是我。受、想、行、识也是这样不是我。

http://www.xindeng.org/meiwen/24057.html

At tt time I was a free thinker..

I was admiring the colorful image on the book cover on my ex-colleague’s desk.. & was pleasantly surprised to receive a new book from her the next day..
She had since became a nun.. 

[Image: DA7-ED0-EA-C114-43-D1-A7-FF-B68310-F3-C4-EE.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like AuntyNice's post

2019年10月,阿联酋哈伊马角市阿曼湾中学做了一个简单的对比实验:用控制变量的方式观察两株植物对人类语言的响应。

其中,左边的植物旁边反复播放咒骂、批评的录音,右边则反复播放赞美、夸奖的录音,两株植物的光照、水肥等条件均保持同步。实验持续了30天,结果让人大为吃惊:左边那株经常遭受“语言暴力”的植物竟然被活生生地“骂”死了,叶片枯萎,毫无生机,而右边的植物却绿意盎然,长势非常茂盛。

This shows that all living things have consciousness. What you do at one corner of the world will affect another even if they're far away. Same as quantum theory.

Buddha has told us all that 2000 plus years ago.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

Hello Dharma Friend,

Dharma Master Heng Hing is hosting online Chan class starting on 4th Sept 2021, every Saturday from 7:00am-8:30am (Beijing/Hong Kong/Taiwan/Malaysia Time GMT+8).

The class schedule
7:00 - 8:00am meditation
8:00 - 8:15am dharma talk
8:15 - 8:30am Q&A

Please register through the link below if interested.
https://wj.qq.com/s2/8911528/a4b1/

Has been some time since I last post materials on Buddhism.

This is a video I like very much, first watched it many years ago but now and then still find delight in re-watching it.

https://youtu.be/DOcb1-SD4Eo

(15-09-2021, 09:18 PM)dynamite Wrote:  https://youtu.be/DOcb1-SD4Eo

Bro, you're a fellow Buddhist?

(16-09-2021, 12:36 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Bro, you're a fellow Buddhist?

Yes. I know what is dependant origination from sutta.
Ignorance-volition formations-consciousness-name and form-six sense bases-contact-feelings-craving--clinging-existence-birth-death.

如果云知道。。。。。。。
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

观自在菩萨,行深般若波罗蜜多时,照见五蕴皆空,度一切苦厄,

舍利子, 色不异空, 空不异色, 色即是空, 空即是色,

受想行识, 亦复如是, 舍利子, 是诸法空相, 不生不灭, 不垢不净, 不增不减,

是故空中无色, 无受想行识, 无眼耳鼻舌身意, 无色声香味触法,

无眼界, 乃至无意识界, 无无明, 亦无无明尽, 乃至无老死, 亦无老死尽, 。。。。。。。。。。
[+] 2 users Like dynamite's post

https://youtu.be/NNeefkog8Cs

(16-09-2021, 08:28 AM)dynamite Wrote:  Yes. I know what is dependant origination from sutta.
Ignorance-volition formations-consciousness-name and form-six sense bases-contact-feelings-craving--clinging-existence-birth-death.

如果云知道。。。。。。。

But knowing is quite different from following the principles. I know what is in the Bible but I'm not a Christian.

(17-09-2021, 01:54 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  But knowing is quite different from following the principles. I know what is in the Bible but I'm not a Christian.

The Buddha said in the Sutta, those that know dependant origination see the four noble truths.

Meaning should one really penetrate the dependant origination, he is already enlightened. No one dare to claim that.

(03-08-2021, 11:15 AM)AuntyNice Wrote:  At tt time I was a free thinker..

I was admiring the colorful image on the book cover on my ex-colleague’s desk.. & was pleasantly surprised to receive a new book from her the next day..
She had since became a nun.. 

[Image: DA7-ED0-EA-C114-43-D1-A7-FF-B68310-F3-C4-EE.jpg]
COME EMPTY HANDED GO EMPTY HANDED.
XI may have follow through going after those wealthy beyond generarations no good most the time. Big Grin

I want to share an excellent video. It talks about intelligence and wisdom. Many intelligent people thought they're very clever but it turns out that they're the stupid ones. They know a lot of things but understand very little. And the most important thing in life is not about being able to solve complex mathematic equations fast but to understand the truth of life. Buddhism is about finding out that truth.

(27-09-2021, 10:22 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I want to share an excellent video. It talks about intelligence and wisdom. Many intelligent people thought they're very clever but it turns out that they're the stupid ones. They know a lot of things but understand very little. And the most important thing in life is not about being able to solve complex mathematic equations fast but to understand the truth of life. Buddhism is about finding out that truth.

Panna Wisdom. This is Ajan Bram?

(28-09-2021, 09:45 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Panna Wisdom. This is Ajan Bram?
Yep, he is.

https://youtu.be/as2vL21jUbg
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

(25-09-2021, 09:30 AM)Rubitin Wrote:  COME EMPTY HANDED GO EMPTY HANDED.
XI may have follow through going after those wealthy beyond generarations no good most the time. Big Grin

[Image: D3-FB1251-C8-EC-47-D5-B09-F-DBE0-FEC12850.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes AuntyNice's post

Quote:在明朝,有个人叫罗洪先,他特别有才华,二十多岁就高中状元。(以前中状元极不容易,比现在考上清华、北大还难。)他为人正直,因看到官场黑暗腐败,感念人生之无常,于是辞官隐居,断然出家,世称“状元和尚”。

状元和尚在寺院出家后,假装愚钝,甘心承担最苦的杂役,劈柴挑水、烧火煮饭,无所不做,以此来磨练自己的心性。就这样过了十三年。
他出家前原有妻室,并有一子。十三年后,其子又高中状元,父子同科,世间稀有,一时传为佳话。此时妻儿很想念他,无奈他出家后音讯全无,根本无从寻起。

可能是亲人思念真切的缘故,有一天状元和尚忽然起了回家探亲的念头,于是返回家乡。及至状元府,刚站在门前,仆人以为是和尚化缘,便入室禀告夫人。夫人生性善良,让仆人施米一斗。状元和尚未接受,希望求见主人。仆人认为和尚贪心,又报夫人。夫人又让仆人出来施钱一贯。

状元和尚还是不收,即索纸笔,题诗一首:“斗米千钱我不收,十三年返故乡游。儿孙自有儿孙福,莫为儿孙做马牛。”(这个偈子很适合现在许多人,他们 一辈子为了儿孙操劳,自己也不学佛,天天耗费人身。其实,儿孙自有儿孙的福分,有福报的话,你根本不必为他担心;没福报的话,你操心也没有用。所以,不要 一生为儿孙当牛做马。)

仆人将诗稿入呈夫人。夫人见后惊讶万分,急速跑出门外,但和尚已经离去。夫人即刻派人四处寻找,再也不见其踪影。
后来,状元和尚投归福建龙裤禅师,朝禅暮净,终于大彻大悟。他感念世人之迷茫,遂作《醒世诗偈》,广为流传。记得其中一句是这样写的:“劝君早办修行路,一失人身万劫难。”可见,人身难得的教言,在汉传佛教中也特别重视。

明朝确实有这么一个人,请看 https://baike.baidu.com/item/%E7%BD%97%E...8C/3515698

(05-10-2021, 11:14 AM)AuntyNice Wrote:  [Image: D3-FB1251-C8-EC-47-D5-B09-F-DBE0-FEC12850.jpg]

This Buddha story is fake.

Quote:Upajjhatthana Sutta: Subjects for Contemplation

"There are these five facts that one should reflect on often, whether one is a woman or a man, lay or ordained. Which five?

"'I am subject to aging, have not gone beyond aging.' This is the first fact that one should reflect on often, whether one is a woman or a man, lay or ordained.

"'I am subject to illness, have not gone beyond illness.' ...

"'I am subject to death, have not gone beyond death.' ...

"'I will grow different, separate from all that is dear and appealing to me.' ...

"'I am the owner of my actions,[1] heir to my actions, born of my actions, related through my actions, and have my actions as my arbitrator. Whatever I do, for good or for evil, to that will I fall heir.' ...

"These are the five facts that one should reflect on often, whether one is a woman or a man, lay or ordained.

"Now, based on what line of reasoning should one often reflect... that 'I am subject to aging, have not gone beyond aging'? There are beings who are intoxicated with a [typical] youth's intoxication with youth. Because of that intoxication with youth, they conduct themselves in a bad way in body... in speech... and in mind. But when they often reflect on that fact, that youth's intoxication with youth will either be entirely abandoned or grow weaker...

"Now, based on what line of reasoning should one often reflect... that 'I am subject to illness, have not gone beyond illness'? There are beings who are intoxicated with a [typical] healthy person's intoxication with health. Because of that intoxication with health, they conduct themselves in a bad way in body... in speech... and in mind. But when they often reflect on that fact, that healthy person's intoxication with health will either be entirely abandoned or grow weaker...

"Now, based on what line of reasoning should one often reflect... that 'I am subject to death, have not gone beyond death'? There are beings who are intoxicated with a [typical] living person's intoxication with life. Because of that intoxication with life, they conduct themselves in a bad way in body... in speech... and in mind. But when they often reflect on that fact, that living person's intoxication with life will either be entirely abandoned or grow weaker...

"Now, based on what line of reasoning should one often reflect... that 'I will grow different, separate from all that is dear and appealing to me'? There are beings who feel desire and passion for the things they find dear and appealing. Because of that passion, they conduct themselves in a bad way in body... in speech... and in mind. But when they often reflect on that fact, that desire and passion for the things they find dear and appealing will either be entirely abandoned or grow weaker...

"Now, based on what line of reasoning should one often reflect... that 'I am the owner of my actions, heir to my actions, born of my actions, related through my actions, and have my actions as my arbitrator. Whatever I do, for good or for evil, to that will I fall heir'? There are beings who conduct themselves in a bad way in body... in speech... and in mind. But when they often reflect on that fact, that bad conduct in body, speech, and mind will either be entirely abandoned or grow weaker...

"Now, a disciple of the noble ones considers this: 'I am not the only one subject to aging, who has not gone beyond aging. To the extent that there are beings — past and future, passing away and re-arising — all beings are subject to aging, have not gone beyond aging.' When he/she often reflects on this, the [factors of the] path take birth. He/she sticks with that path, develops it, cultivates it. As he/she sticks with that path, develops it and cultivates it, the fetters are abandoned, the obsessions destroyed.

"Further, a disciple of the noble ones considers this: 'I am not the only one subject to illness, who has not gone beyond illness.'... 'I am not the only one subject to death, who has not gone beyond death.'... 'I am not the only one who will grow different, separate from all that is dear and appealing to me.'...

"A disciple of the noble ones considers this: 'I am not the only one who is owner of my actions, heir to my actions, born of my actions, related through my actions, and have my actions as my arbitrator; who — whatever I do, for good or for evil, to that will I fall heir. To the extent that there are beings — past and future, passing away and re-arising — all beings are the owner of their actions, heir to their actions, born of their actions, related through their actions, and have their actions as their arbitrator. Whatever they do, for good or for evil, to that will they fall heir.' When he/she often reflects on this, the [factors of the] path take birth. He/she sticks with that path, develops it, cultivates it. As he/she sticks with that path, develops it and cultivates it, the fetters are abandoned, the obsessions destroyed."

Subject to birth, subject to aging,
subject to death,
run-of-the-mill people
are repelled by those who suffer
from that to which they are subject.
And if I were to be repelled
by beings subject to these things,
it would not be fitting for me,
living as they do.

As I maintained this attitude —
knowing the Dhamma
without paraphernalia —
I overcame all intoxication
with health, youth, & life
as one who sees
renunciation as rest.

For me, energy arose,
Unbinding was clearly seen.
There's now no way
I could partake of sensual pleasures.
Having followed the holy life,
I will not return.

Must keep this in mind constantly.

In a 2016 survey, vipassana meditation was the most popular meditation. 

This meditation was taught by the Lord Buddha himself.

(05-09-2021, 07:41 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Has been some time since I last post materials on Buddhism.

This is a video I like very much, first watched it many years ago but now and then still find delight in re-watching it.

Great sharing thanks bro. 感恩

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.

(16-09-2021, 05:48 PM)dynamite Wrote:  观自在菩萨,行深般若波罗蜜多时,照见五蕴皆空,度一切苦厄,

舍利子, 色不异空, 空不异色, 色即是空, 空即是色,

受想行识, 亦复如是, 舍利子, 是诸法空相, 不生不灭, 不垢不净, 不增不减,

是故空中无色, 无受想行识, 无眼耳鼻舌身意, 无色声香味触法,

无眼界, 乃至无意识界, 无无明, 亦无无明尽, 乃至无老死, 亦无老死尽, 。。。。。。。。。。

心经

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.

弘一法师的5句话渡你

1、凡是你想控制的,其实都控制了你。当你什么都不要的时候,天地都是你的。

2、遇见,是因为有债要还了;离开,是因为还清了。前世不欠,今生不见;今生相见,定有亏欠。