Author Fukuyama, Dugin converse on decay of democracy

Fukuyama's books are insightful on how democracy develops and can decay to a state of dysfunction.

Here is a discussion between Dugin and Fukuyama on alternative ideologies. 

The state of democracy in the US does not inspire others to adopt. It certainly was in a better place 40yrs ago. 

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Collectivism vs individualism
Rationality vs spiritualism

Dugin seeks other forms of democracy that departs from western Liberal democracy.

The mix of individualism, rationality is incompatible with the natural sense of belonging desired by Russians who are culturally different and wants social political harmony. There us something more important that individual economic interest.

This is what I gater from what he said but I see no difference  between and social democracy which is found in many countries that have struck a good balance.

Russia under Putin cannot be a good or attractive model. It is hardly a democracy...it is another oligarchy  in which the top leaders  and their favored oligarchs indulge in wealth and opulent luxury ...so where is the collectivism?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.