Businesses in 'deep despair and disrepair'

Latest extension of curbs could lead to more closures, job losses in retail sector.

The latest month-long extension of Covid-19 curbs, following round after round of tightened curbs this year, could sound the death knell for many businesses, said retailers and retail associations...

Part of an article found in today's The New Paper.

(22-10-2021, 08:48 AM)debono Wrote:  Latest extension of curbs could lead to more closures, job losses in retail sector.

The latest month-long extension of Covid-19 curbs, following round after round of tightened curbs this year, could sound the death knell for many businesses, said retailers and retail associations...

Part of an article found in today's The New Paper.

Yes there will be economic impact of tighten curbs. But if you don't tighten curbs and the disease spread and every day many deaths you think people will still go out to keep businesses humming?...what about the lives lost.

TW HK and NZ show the correct strategy is to have strict restrictions bring the cases down to near zero then open up gradually. Overall this is more sustainable and better for businesses. Right now I believe TW and HK has even less restrictions than us and everything is well controlled people have confidence to go out.

Singapore is just a mess now because we go and follow some western countries and prematurely open up...

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(22-10-2021, 08:58 AM)sgbuffet Wrote:  TW HK and NZ show the correct strategy is to have strict restrictions bring the cases down to near zero then open up gradually. Overall this is more sustainable and better for businesses. Right now I believe TW and HK has even less restrictions than us and everything is well controlled people have confidence to go out.

Singapore is just a mess now because we go and follow some western countries and prematurely open up...

How come you didn't mention China?

This is where our covid policy is such a mess.. You either

1) Pro people's health, then let business die.. Implement another CB to bring down the numbers
or 2) Pro business and disregard people's health. Lift all restriction, on the context that we have already hit 80% fully vaccinated

By trying to have 1 leg struck in either side, end up both people and business suffer..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

(22-10-2021, 09:14 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  This is where our covid policy is such a mess.. You either

1) Pro people's health, then let business die.. Implement another CB to bring down the numbers
or 2) Pro business and disregard people's health. Lift all restriction, on the context that we have already hit 80% fully vaccinated

By trying to have 1 leg struck in either side, end up both people and business suffer..

Well said....... Clapping