CHinese company launches EV with solid state batteries...

This is big news for many reasons. Solid state batteries are thought to be years from mass production ....they are superior to current batteries.

Quantumscape  a US start up trying to make solid state batteries stock price was pumped up to the moon early last yr.

Yet here ..a Chinese company has already done it and did not garner much attention.

https://thedriven.io/2022/01/24/first-ev...-in-china/

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

In Dec 2021, it was reported Quantumscape had breakthrough that allow.solid state battery but production will start in 2025

The China company already happily mass producing in Jan 2022.!!!

https://www.torquenews.com/15475/first-c...h-kg-ratio

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Well done China! Big Grin

I heard China is also doing fuel cell which Japan has spent donkey years to make it happen. Only saw it during last Jap Olympic. But now, market still never see fuel cell car yet?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Here comes the solid-state battery! The lithium giant says it can be mass-produced and loaded at any time!

https://news.metal.com/newscontent/10169...t-any-time

Here comes the solid-state battery! The lithium giant says it can be mass-produced and loaded at any time!
Translation05:09PM

BYD has the largest number of solid-state battery patents in China.

According to a piece of information circulated on the Internet: it is understood that BYD has passed relevant experiments, solid-state batteries can be mass-produced and loaded at any time, and BYD has research and corresponding patent reserves for all battery routes, such as methanol fuel cells. Hydrogen fuel cell, graphene, silicon negative electrode, lithium metal negative electrode, core-shell positive electrode, solid-state battery and so on.

At present, BYD already has a large number of low-cost, high-safety blade batteries, and then high-cost, high-safety, high-energy-density solid-state batteries to do accumulated strength.

In terms of the number of domestic solid-state battery patents, there is a statistic that BYD ranks first with 76 patents.

The second to sixth places are Jingtao Energy (63 items), Honeycomb Energy (55 items), Weilan New Energy (25 items), Ningde era (21 items) and Yiwei Lithium Energy (9 items).

Buffett has substantial shareholding in BYD..
A combination of eastern western technology employing the best scientists.

china BS, norm, china has few hundreds car brand today, did you see any of them on our road except some rubbish BYD?
china like to use latest technology of everything to bark but almost all fail eventually, pure marketing rubbish, immature, not tested, use all the big name & latest but the rest is junk & not reliable.
china car today has the best features in the world, full features much better than bmw, benz or audi, at 20% price of these brand, who will buy? globally you can only see in china & poor country.
same to their EV, they claimed everything better spec than tesla or VW or bmw, but who buy?
total jokes & clowns, morons spam all these china nonsense here day & night, know nut, never try & see themselves, totally irresponsible.

中国国产车到底有多差?支持国货买了国产车,问题一个接一个,买了国产车的都后悔不已,为什么科技大国,造出来的车质量这么差?

中国国产车到底有多差?支持国货买了国产车,问题一个接一个,买了国产车的都后悔不已,为什么科技大国,造出来的车质量这么差?

农村小伙花18万买了辆国产车,如今越开越后悔,到底是咋回事

农村小伙花18万买了辆国产车,如今越开越后悔,到底是咋回事

This is still very early stage, wouldn't even call it mass production. It's not known the efficiency of these batteries yet.

This Toyota car used solid-state battery in June 2020

°

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Most-r...2021-debut

(03-02-2022, 10:57 AM)revealer Wrote:  This Toyota car used solid-state battery in June 2020

Toyota announced that its first vehicle to use solid-state batteries will go on sale by  2025 in an interview with Autoline. The first Toyotas to use the new batteries will be hybrids, rather than fully electric vehicles

First Toyota with Solid-State Batteries Will Be a Hybrid

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38711...he%20Prius.

For consumers,what is the gain to have EV over petrol car?
There is no gain at all.
In Singapore,it is expensive and troublesome.

Even if it is cheaper,it is troublesome and time consuming to charge

SES, formerly known as SolidEnergy Systems, thinks Solid-state battery has a flaw. Lithium metal in Sold-State batteries tends to deposit “dendrites” around the electrodes. These dendrites can puncture the battery’s separator and will cause the battery to short circuit. They came up with a unique technology called "SES liquid electrolyte" that will solve this problem.

General Motors and Temasek (the Singapore Sovereign Wealth Fund) both own 10% stakes in SES. There are also other companies such as Hyundai (OTCPK:HYMLF), Kia (OTCPK:KIMTF), Geely (OTCPK:GELYF), SAIC (SHA:600104), LG Technology Ventures (KRX:066570), SK Innovation (KRX:096770), and more.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4454724...sKEALw_wcB&utm_campaign=14823831578&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_term=128719140158%5Eaud-1204654565229%3Adsa-1427141793820%5E%5E549166468495%5E%5E%5Eg

I can imagine the World that no longer depend on petrol-Dollar and moving towards a common currency on which renewable energy industries and the electrified infrastructure will be based on.

The history of EV is longer then internal combustion engine starting from 1830s before it was favored over by the later. Much of it has to do with the rise of oil on the back of proven technology from the steam-engine age that propelled the 1s Industrial Revolution.

[Image: history-of-electric-car-evolution-worlds...-image.jpg]

We've got friendly neighbours? Grow up! - LKY 2011