Me thinks grab and shopee both will uplorry within the next 5 years

Vat do you think?

pls dun. they are providing useful service

If Grab can drop price I prefer they stay. Shopee dun wan lah alot of China products I buy via this platform besides Lazada leh

(17-12-2022, 09:16 PM)Sickwarfare Wrote:  Vat do you think?

I think it is bad and sad that grab and shopee have to go up lorry...... crying nudie

I think Grab first …. I dun really use Grab. If I take taxi, I use comfort only when oversea I use Grab. I dun do food delivery so no Grab … Shopee every month I will buy some stuffs 
So I think Shopee should be ok

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

These 2 companies now want to be profitable as a result of high interest rates and institutional investors not willing put anymore money in.

It is wishful thinking and words made for retail investors to buy in.

They are all top heavy companies. It’s not just taking no pay and the profit will show up. When you offer to run a company without getting paid, this is a clear sign of inexperience.

Temasek up lorry better.

These are the reasons
1. HC has to go
2. Many CECA follow
3. Many rich investors lose confidence leave Singapore making it less crowded
4. Inflation dives making life easier for the lower income.
According to many official statements Temasek do not use CPF to speculate so no worry.

[Image: 2022-12-17-23-01-42-does-temasek-use-tax...Search.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Dan's post

Eh HC retire liao, and dunno earn how much all these years

Grab is losing money all along. Even listed also stock value is nothing worth to buy.

Already tell u just matter of time.

Our GREEDY PAP now work like this, they attract lure all investors come , complete with existing locals companies .

their pattern now always " ownself check ownself " than also " let you fight among your competitors "

SG don't even need Grab as already have many taxi on the road. Biggest EPIC is Comfort G which tactically speaking is " Govt one " behind.

food delivery wise got Food Panda even locals delivery , some hawkers etc in fact use their own delivery instead Grab as they have to pay more.

Lastly SG IS JUST TOO SMALL all along having too much vendors end up is " ownself fight ownself " so call ONLY The fittest survive

Yes we need investors etc thus this is how Govt got money for SG but there are Many hidden factors behind come current PAP unlike the old PAP

partly the current one ANYHOW SPEND PUBLIC FUNDS ,

next their FAIL Planning , investment

So now , Come GST Hike , even come playing drone also need to pay more , now they increase the license fee by stages year by year if you guys never heard the news

etc taxes to " TOP UP " the public funds.

In FACT Tactically speaking MOST do call Foreign investors, companies in SG are just " Parking " and set up a Branch oversee the South Asia / Asia market.
they don't hire much people , and just assign their OWN people to oversee
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

I doubt Grab can make it.
The business model is same as taxi with some aid from technology is easily replicated nothing special. Today grab tomorrow gojek after that another one will pop up. ..

Sea ltd aka shopee parent makes money from games previously it is garena. The game part fund the e commerce which lose money. At some point it makes no sense to do this. It is up agansit Lazada which is kept alive by massive cash flow from Alibaba. Lazada has a much larger operating scale going into Europe, Africa etc. Shopee will deduct it is better off to shut the e-commerce and keep it's profits from the gaming business. ...SEA is worth much less than it's current valuation because it's growth comes from an unprofitable business

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Why ComfortG cannot make it to STI component again ? It got taxi,bus and MRT business.....Will it uplorry one day ?

All of you keep talking. about the ecommerce , taxi , food delivery biz but all of you forgot that both Grab and Shopee is banking on …literally BANKING on  

SeaMoney
GXS

to HUAT

But if I were they, if have some results for both entity ….. spin off IPO to suck more $$$

(18-12-2022, 12:47 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  All of you keep talking. about the ecommerce , taxi , food delivery biz but all of you forgot that both Grab and Shopee is banking on …literally BANKING on  

SeaMoney
GXS

to HUAT

But if I were they, if have some results for both entity ….. spin off IPO to suck more $$$

So ?? end of the day Grab stock is Worthless . Why they still survived is what you mention " take from else where to hold " and those Dumb trader who currently own Grab stocks.

I already say SG IS TOO SMALL for Huge competition.

U know why SPH crease TV broadcasting ??? left only radio

EPIC IS Govt themselves claim both station suffer losses due to competition.

You forget? Last time SPH become 2nd TV local Broadcastor to complete with Media corp come out Ch U.

(18-12-2022, 01:21 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  So ?? end of the day Grab stock is Worthless . Why they still survived is what you mention " take from else where to hold " and those Dumb trader who currently own Grab stocks.

I already say SG IS TOO SMALL for Huge competition.

U know why SPH crease TV broadcasting ??? left only radio

EPIC IS Govt themselves claim both station suffer losses due to competition.

You forget? Last time SPH become 2nd TV local Broadcastor to complete with Media corp come out Ch U.

"I already say SG IS TOO SMALL for Huge competition." …. well you are absolutely wrong …. if too small …. how about SIA, Singtel, STEng, our 3 banks ……

SPH TV is very localised, same like mediacorpse anyway their contents are shit

Grab share is for dumb suckers to buy BUT if they spin off their digital bank into IPO … I will go for it
I will be waiting for GXS  and SeaMoney if they go IPO

(17-12-2022, 11:02 PM)Dan Wrote:  Temasek up lorry better.

These are the reasons
1. HC has to go
2. Many CECA follow
3. Many rich investors lose confidence leave Singapore making it less crowded
4. Inflation dives making life easier for the lower income.
According to many official statements Temasek do not use CPF to speculate so no worry.

[Image: 2022-12-17-23-01-42-does-temasek-use-tax...Search.png]

best reply for this thread

(18-12-2022, 01:28 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  "I already say SG IS TOO SMALL for Huge competition." …. well you are absolutely wrong …. if too small …. how about SIA, Singtel, STEng, our 3 banks ……

SPH TV is very localised, same like mediacorpse anyway their contents are shit

Grab share is for dumb suckers to buy BUT if they spin off their digital bank into IPO … I will go for it
I will be waiting for GXS  and SeaMoney if they go IPO

Joke, PLS LOOK IN Depth WHO Behind for those corporations you mention
SIA, SINGTEL , ST

These corporations are like Govt " symbol " means will not close down for sure as Govt will always help behind inject money, IF Really business is bad.

Beside others competitor like M1, Starhub etc

why M1 , Starhub still around because the consumer base already there and mature. They are so call " first batch of investors come in "

Now the rest come in later you see their consumer base is literally just a bit , if I not mistaken there is one crease operation in SG.

Next you also need to see Which Industries TOO.

Like this Grab is literally loosing money.

(18-12-2022, 05:16 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Joke, PLS LOOK IN Depth WHO Behind for those corporations you mention
SIA, SINGTEL , ST

These corporations are like Govt " symbol " means will not close down for sure as Govt will always help behind inject money, IF Really business is bad.

Beside others competitor like M1, Starhub etc 

why M1 , Starhub still around because the consumer base already there and mature.  They are so call " first batch of investors come in "

Now the rest come in later you see their consumer base is literally just a bit , if I not mistaken there is one crease operation in SG.

Next you also need to see Which Industries TOO.

Like this Grab is literally loosing money.

Your mircosopic view of these companies just serve locals then your opinion is microscopic.

Grab loosing money from day one like many tech startup recently is poor biz model which is not sustainable. They are "buying" the market by subsidising the consumers.
Both Grab and Shopee knows that, that is why the gov "awarded" them the digital banking license. With the customer based across SEA, you know how much leverage they can have with digital bank. I know because they engaged my firm whom I work for to advise, governance and compliance matters and they are sinking tonnes to make sure they meet all banking regulatory requirements not only in SG, ASEAN, ASIA and internationally. Regulatory and technologically.

Don't look at their superficial consumer business,  the real show is with SeaMoney and GXS.

(18-12-2022, 08:11 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Your mircosopic view of these companies just serve locals then your opinion is microscopic.

Grab loosing money from day one like many tech startup recently is poor biz model which is not sustainable. They are "buying" the market by subsidising the consumers.
Both Grab and Shopee knows that, that is why the gov "awarded" them the digital banking license. With the customer based across SEA, you know how much leverage they can have with digital bank. I know because they engaged my firm whom I work for to advise, governance and compliance matters and they are sinking tonnes to make sure they meet all banking regulatory requirements not only in SG, ASEAN, ASIA and internationally. Regulatory and technologically.

Don't look at their superficial consumer business,  the real show is with SeaMoney and GXS.
Your inputs makes much sense....... Clapping

Grab and shoppe will not lah.profit magin reduce due to competitor.grab still good when touriat come sg.