CPFIS needs to improve....lacking in many areas.

CPFIS restricts us to invest in certain Singapore stocks  UTs and some ETF.

These are the gaps that after more than 3 decades have not be fixed 

1. There are only 5 low cost ETFs ...2 for STI which are more or less the same thing one for Gold and 2 bond funds which are useless because returns are lower than 2.5%. The world of retirement investing has moved on in other countries with many low cost options like Vanguard, ETFs ....look at how US 401K options.

2. The mainstay is still Unit Trusts and these charge 1.2-1.5% a year they underperformed the benchmarks 95% of the time  after 10yrs and eats up 30-40% of your cumulative total after 30yrs by slipping 1.5% every Yr it adds up!

3. You can invest in stocks directly but most are not going to be able to pick stocks well.

4. The CPFIS accounts charges all sorts of fees just keeping your shares/UT they charge $2 per quarter and all sorts of fees and handling charges.

We have a very highly paid govt whose effort here is so lacking and they left this in this pathetic state for decades with only minor incremental changes.

We need a govt that step up to the plate and address the issues and improve things.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.