California’s Asian population soars 25% in last decade

By ADAM BEAM

an hour ago

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California’s Asian population grew by 25% in the past decade, making it the fastest growing ethnic group in the nation’s most populous state

California’s white population plummeted by 24% between 2010 and 2020, confirming California is one of three states — along with New Mexico and Hawaii — where whites are not the largest ethnic group.

Hispanics surpassed whites as California’s largest ethnic group in 2014. The Census data show California’s Hispanic population grew by 11% to 15.5 million people, making up just shy of 40% of the state’s nearly 40 million residents.

Ten years ago, none of California’s 58 counties counted Asians as their largest ethnic group. Now, two do: Alameda County, which includes the cities of Oakland and Berkeley, and Santa Clara County, home to San Jose — the nation’s 10th most-populous city — and the technology capitol of Silicon Valley.

https://apnews.com/article/california-ra...ba0a35a1e3

Can't imagine why people go to such places with gun violence high crime and drugs ...Home less people.
Definitely makes no sense for Singaporeans to go there. Maybe Filipinos and Thais where the income is much lower they risk their lives to go there to earn higher income.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Many Filipinos there. I met several, even entire families. When you compare drugs and crime between PH and USA, probably not much difference anyway.

(13-08-2021, 09:56 AM)starbugs Wrote:  Many Filipinos there. I met several, even entire families. When you compare drugs and crime between PH and USA, probably not much difference anyway.

So many Filipinos there enjoying "American Dream"?

For Singaporeans it's more American night mare. Still got some go...I think they never use brain to think.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(13-08-2021, 09:51 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Can't imagine why people go to such places with gun violence high crime and drugs  ...Home less people.
Definitely makes no sense for Singaporeans to go there. Maybe Filipinos and Thais where the income is much lower they risk their lives to go there to earn higher income.

Work and a better living I supposed.

Even though I personally would not migrate there but there are a lot of places in the world that are worse than USA especially economically. They are either war-torn, very poor due to whatever reasons (USA sanctions, geography, geology, exploitation by former colonial masters, bad governance etc).

And then Silicon Valley is there. So that means work opportunities.

But yeah, California is dropping lower in the places I want to migrate to. Especially with the recent years of fires and breathing ash. I have had enough of breathing ash in Singapore in the past already. And the fires will be there for at least several years if not decades. Unless one migrate to San Diego or further south where the fire does not impact lives so much?

Alot from China.

That is why 10 years ago, Chinatown in many countries no longer speak Cantonese by Chinese.

The Asian Americans will play a big part durin elections in decades to come

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

California may try to become independent. Very rich state and many billionaires stay there

(13-08-2021, 03:36 PM)Gstalk Wrote:  California may try to become independent. Very rich state and many billionaires stay there

can survive good .most don't like their  screwed up country migrated there no wrong what.

Berkeley and Stanford vicinity many homes are bought by asians, for their children to study at these places, and very easy to rent out