Can Muslim and Christians practise Yoga?

What about chanting OM at the start and end of a yoga practice session? Katha Upanishad I, ii, 15-17 explains: “The goal which all the Vedas declare, which all austerities aim at, and which men desire when they lead the life of continence, I will tell you briefly: it is OM. This syllable OM is indeed Brahman. This syllable is the Highest. Whosoever knows this syllable obtains all that he desires. This is the best support; this is the highest support. Whosoever knows this support is adored in the world of Brahma.” (http://singaporehindutemples.com/om.html). Brahman is understood as the Cosmic Principle in Hinduism, or “the primordial reality that creates, maintains and withdraws within it the universe”, according to German Indologist Paul Jakob Deussen. 

https://tirisulayoga.com/musings-of-a-mu...2DPractice).

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

I am not sure if the above writer is an authority on this subject.

Yoga is very popular in Singapore, which has its origin in Hinduism. Yoga instructors do not require anyone to convert to Hinduism. They say that you can practise Yoga for its pure physical and relaxation benefits.

As we know, Buddhism is an offshoot of Hinduism which is why it has concepts like Samsara, rebirth (reincarnation in Hinduism), Karma which is not surprising since Siddhartha was originally a Hindu. So Singaporeans who are Buddhists would have no issues with practicing Yoga. I suppose those who don't follow any particular religion would feel the same about Yoga.

But what about Christians and Muslims?

Yoga means union. Union with (Hindu)God.

Muslim can union with God( who created human)through 5 pillars of Islam, such as declaration of faith, Solat/Salah,Fasting, Charity,Pilgrimage.

Muslim should avoid yoga.
[+] 1 user Likes Hope's post

(21-06-2024, 09:28 AM)Hope Wrote:  Yoga means union. Union with (Hindu)God.

Muslim can union with God( who created human)through 5 pillars of Islam, such as declaration of faith, Solat/Salah,Fasting, Charity,Pilgrimage.

Yoga is no religion....it is not haram!  Big Grin

Learn kungfu and taiqi better lah, no nonsensical restrictions.

(21-06-2024, 09:28 AM)Hope Wrote:  Yoga means union. Union with (Hindu)God.

So many muslimahs do yoga ... Big Grin and you want them to avoid yoga...haiya!

[Image: 6ca21466329ff868f2dfff7c527bf240.jpg]

(21-06-2024, 09:32 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Yoga is no religion....it is not haram!  Big Grin
It has posture and mantra.

(21-06-2024, 09:37 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  So many muslimahs do yoga ... Big Grin and you want them to avoid yoga...haiya!

Is this yoga?

can lah.................just be prepared to lose your head................maybe kena beheaded............

(21-06-2024, 09:58 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  can lah.................just be prepared to lose your head................maybe kena beheaded............

If they are prevented from practising yoga, then just be satisfied with eating yoghurt.

TS giving up on 法龙大法?

(21-06-2024, 09:49 AM)Hope Wrote:  It has posture and mantra.

Tiagong some of the postures resemble nature but others resemble Hindu deities.

Yes, there's a mantra but if you are not a Hindu, you can just skip it. It's like I am not a Muslim but it does not mean that if I eat Malay Muslim or Indian Muslim food, I am worshipping Allah...do you agree?

Tai Chi is practised for balance and relaxation. It's referred to as meditation in motion in the West. Its benefits are different from Yoga.

Btw, much of Tai Chi is related to Taoism.

(21-06-2024, 09:37 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  So many muslimahs do yoga ... Big Grin and you want them to avoid yoga...haiya!

Join this class where got fun? If you go to our Yoga studios, you can see classes after classes of chiobu wearing Yoga tights in various postures.  Love

(21-06-2024, 01:52 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Join this class where got fun? If you go to our Yoga studios, you can see classes after classes of chiobu wearing Yoga tights in various postures.  Love

Can see Camel toes? I am asking on behalf of the moslem brothers here  Rolleyes

(21-06-2024, 02:00 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Can see Camel toes? I am asking on behalf of the moslem brothers here  Rolleyes

Sometimes can. 

Btw, who's he ah? Big Grin

(21-06-2024, 09:05 AM)Oyk Wrote:  What about chanting OM at the start and end of a yoga practice session? Katha Upanishad I, ii, 15-17 explains: “The goal which all the Vedas declare, which all austerities aim at, and which men desire when they lead the life of continence, I will tell you briefly: it is OM. This syllable OM is indeed Brahman. This syllable is the Highest. Whosoever knows this syllable obtains all that he desires. This is the best support; this is the highest support. Whosoever knows this support is adored in the world of Brahma.” (http://singaporehindutemples.com/om.html). Brahman is understood as the Cosmic Principle in Hinduism, or “the primordial reality that creates, maintains and withdraws within it the universe”, according to German Indologist Paul Jakob Deussen. 

https://tirisulayoga.com/musings-of-a-mu...2DPractice).

Yoga is Indian cult lah! Big Grin

(21-06-2024, 02:04 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Sometimes can. 

Btw, who's he ah? Big Grin

The big fat liar and his son!  Big Grin

(21-06-2024, 03:01 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  The big fat liar and his son!  Big Grin

The liar who said you lied, lksm lied, Jay Smith lied and accused me of (censored) his mommy? Rolleyes

That bugger is like a thief who shouts thief! thief! and runs along to give chase... Rotfl

(21-06-2024, 02:18 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Yoga is Indian cult lah! Big Grin

Surprisingly, you hardly see an Indian in the classes. They are Han Singaporeans and some foreigners.