Can Singapore survive another year, this time with Omicron?

Can Singapore able to survive another year, this time with Omicron?

Certainly, PM Lee's planned retirement will have to be extended.

What else can Singapore do?

(04-01-2022, 04:11 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Can Singapore able to survive another year, this time with Omicron?

You may be right, PM Lee may need to hold office until the Omicron saga blows over. On our part we can only hope and pray, that the Covid-19 virus will be a thing of the past... crying

(04-01-2022, 04:14 PM)debono Wrote:  You may be right, PM Lee may need to hold office until the Omicron saga blows over. On our part we can only hope and pray, that the Covid-19 virus will be a thing of the past... crying

Next question..

"What is succession risk? 

The risk that a vacancy in a critical role cannot be filled satisfactorily within an acceptable timeframe. ... risk mitigation strategies: what can be done with available resources to reduce the likelihood or potential impact of long-term vacancies in critical roles."

https://www.google.com/search?
[+] 2 users Like Scythian's post

Technically I think we have reserves to last us for another 6 years easily...
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

(04-01-2022, 04:21 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Technically I think we have reserves to last us for another 6 years easily...

If so 
1. Why do our need to borrow?
2. Why need to raise GST since we have high growth of GDP 2021?🤔🤔

(04-01-2022, 04:32 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  If so 

Why not take more wool from sheep when they are still alive and kicking. Not as if the sheep got anywhere to go. Might as well collect more since most can't travel... Lol

SG govt has always been taking from locals to make sure that the island remain competitive and viable for foreigners. Else who will park so much money in SG where our M3 is so much higher and that our banks are so conservative that they have easily 4% more reserved than the min 12%? Lol

Don't play play with our financial system. Very tough one...

(04-01-2022, 04:37 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Why not take more wool from sheep when they are still alive and kicking. Not as if the sheep got anywhere to go. Might as well collect more since most can't travel... Lol

SG govt has always been taking from locals to make sure that the island remain competitive and viable for foreigners. Else who will park so much money in SG where our M3 is so much higher and that our banks are so conservative that they have easily 4% more reserved than the min 12%? Lol

Don't play play with our financial system. Very tough one...
Then what happened to our past reserve? When OTC ask they tell him need 56 man year to get the answer...y ?

(04-01-2022, 04:21 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Technically I think we have reserves to last us for another 6 years easily...

Govt very happy and hope having more people like you..

Lol
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

Desperate times need desperate measures

(04-01-2022, 04:47 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Desperate times need desperate measures

Really desperate until can tell people sHeep produce cotton 

[Image: IMG-20220104-164959-060.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Bigiron's post

W/O then Trade Minister Chan Chun Sing revealing in Feb 2020 that Singapore only has two months food stockpile, who the hell would believe the Govt short coming that there's a supply chain problem

I was shocked by an ex army general Chun Sings revelation.

He can face military court martial

(04-01-2022, 04:58 PM)Scythian Wrote:  W/O then Trade Minister Chan Chun Sing revealing in Feb 2020 that Singapore only has two months food stockpile, who the hell would believe the Govt short coming that there's a supply chain problem

What makes you think he is telling the whole truth and what is it in for Singapore govt to tell whole truth to the people and world.

Just like there is no need to spell out our full reserves to anyone. When kept in suspense yield you so much more power and bargaining chips than appearing to be strong...
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

(04-01-2022, 05:29 PM)Sticw Wrote:  What makes you think he is telling the whole truth and what is it in for Singapore govt to tell whole truth to the people and world.

Just like there is no need to spell out our full reserves to anyone. When kept in suspense yield you so much more power and bargaining chips than appearing to be strong...
Sorry I got carried away reading Tao. May have gone devil's path unknowingly.

(04-01-2022, 04:11 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Can Singapore able to survive another year, this time with Omicron?

after 3 months, omicron hooha over bah

(04-01-2022, 05:29 PM)Sticw Wrote:  What makes you think he is telling the whole truth and what is it in for Singapore govt to tell whole truth to the people and world.

At end April 2020, Oz Govt agreed to allow the only international airlines, SIA to land once every Friday  in South Australia to collect Australia produce including meat, seafood , fresh veg etc..

How could disruption of food supply chain be a lie?

The unsinkable Titanic sinks

Worst for Singapore, IF every country listed Singapore as High Risk 

Then, SG leaders cannot do anything about it.

(05-01-2022, 01:00 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Worst for Singapore, IF every country listed Singapore as High Risk 

Then, SG leaders cannot do anything about it.

Already struggling, Omicron could send SIA back again to the drawing board.

Covid Level in Singapore 'Unknown,' U.S. CDC Warns in Travel Notice - Bloomberg
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...ls-unknown

https://youtu.be/TyHC381YrDk

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5YJ3P-yjnYw&feature=share

My Uncle told me, He suspect , feel there will be Another NEW Variant after CNY .

GREED

(05-01-2022, 11:18 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  My Uncle told me, He suspect , feel there will be Another NEW Variant after CNY .

Feel not equal scientific proof.

My friends who bet soccers and stocks.... has many feel too. Mostly money go longkangs.... Laughing

Smile

(05-01-2022, 11:18 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  My Uncle told me, He suspect , feel there will be Another NEW Variant after CNY .

We already have a new variant, one that has 46 mutations, and had infected people in France, which is said to have came from Cameroon.  Thinking

(04-01-2022, 04:58 PM)Scythian Wrote:  W/O then Trade Minister Chan Chun Sing revealing in Feb 2020 that Singapore only has two months food stockpile, who the hell would believe the Govt short coming that there's a supply chain problem

v true if those words came out fr any high ranking mit officers will get sack
 n pofoma.

already found in FRANCE