Can disable Paynow withdrawal from CPF?

Anyone knows if there is a way to disable the PayNow withdrawal feature for CPF saving for those above 55?
It seems that there is no way to do this. 

With all the scams going on, shouldn’t the CPF members be given a choice whether they want to have this convenience feature?
[+] 2 users Like T3T's post

If genuinely scammed under this, will CPF refund the scammed money back to members?

Write in to cpf n request loh

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(10-09-2023, 11:38 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Write in to cpf n request loh

emailed CPF before, the reply only said don’t download malicious sw and etc, never mention can request to disable PayNow or how to do it. Basically, not answering my qns.

(10-09-2023, 11:36 AM)hansamu Wrote:  If genuinely scammed under this, will CPF refund the scammed money back to members?
Don’t know, but I doubt they will do so for future cases if even if they did for past cases, there is simply no end to it, they might as well increase the interest rate if they have such money.

I opened a paynow account just to make a one time cpf contributions for self-employed. Wrote in to complain and ask for a better alternative and received a computer generated reply ' we will not be replying to commonly-asked enquiries ". So now hacker can withdraw my cpf money anytime unless I close the paynow account
[+] 1 user Likes Clyde's post

(10-09-2023, 11:59 AM)Clyde Wrote:  I opened a paynow account just to make a one time cpf contributions for self-employed. Wrote in to complain and ask for a better alternative and received a computer generated reply ' we will not be replying to commonly-asked enquiries ". So now hacker can withdraw my cpf money anytime unless I close the paynow account

Similar experience, bad customer service

(10-09-2023, 11:36 AM)hansamu Wrote:  If genuinely scammed under this, will CPF refund the scammed money back to members?

aiyah..............Sinkies are so naive..............will get scammed in other ways................so no diff lah........ Big Grin

I took all banking cpf etc apps for my mom off line

How the hell are elderly able to cyber analyse.and discover malicious apps snd websites??!

They are making our elderly victims....by expecting to be IT savvy. Most are not and will never be.

Pay now linked to CPF don't need a separate device for OTP is a major flaw!!! Resulting in scams against CPF account holders.

They should allow people to turn it off ....People rarely use paynow to get money from CPF. It is dangerous.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Coveting fervently to be the world's top smart nation at the expense of seniors. 

Have a heart please!!!

(10-09-2023, 11:53 AM)T3T Wrote:  emailed CPF before, the reply only said don’t download malicious sw and etc, never mention can request to disable PayNow or how to do it. Basically, not answering my qns.

How would people know if it is malicious until they try? So why don’t they stop malicious sw instead?  Truly indeed irresponsible with such response.

(10-09-2023, 11:27 AM)T3T Wrote:  Anyone knows if there is a way to disable the PayNow withdrawal feature for CPF saving for those above 55?
It seems that there is no way to do this. 

With all the scams going on, shouldn’t the CPF members be given a choice whether they want to have this convenience feature?

Close your paynow bank account and open an account elsewhere, if you don't mind some inconvenience. Don't link your new account to the CPF.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

Stop having such accounts will save a lot of headaches and scams infiltration. There is enough to contend with internet banking phishing and furthermore it is platform agnostic via internet banking ...

(10-09-2023, 12:56 PM)red3 Wrote:  Stop having such accounts will save a lot of headaches and scams infiltration. There is enough to contend with internet banking phishing and furthermore  it is platform agnostic via internet banking ...

Cpf has removed all other methods of payment like cheque or Internet transfer. They only accept paynow

(10-09-2023, 11:59 AM)Clyde Wrote:  I opened a paynow account just to make a one time cpf contributions for self-employed. Wrote in to complain and ask for a better alternative and received a computer generated reply ' we will not be replying to commonly-asked enquiries ". So now hacker can withdraw my cpf money anytime unless I close the paynow account

Base on comments people make, my conclusion is-

CPF Scheme is to serve PAP

CPF minimum sum is for Temasick Holdings

CPF tool is to serve their own system

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(10-09-2023, 12:52 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Close your paynow bank account and open an account elsewhere, if you don't mind some inconvenience. Don't link your new account to the CPF.

How not to link to CPF? Once you register PayNow to any bank account, CPF will used that account for PayNow transaction, automatically, correct?

(10-09-2023, 02:45 PM)T3T Wrote:  How not to link to CPF? Once you register PayNow to any bank account, CPF will used that account for PayNow transaction, automatically, correct?

Your Pay now is linked via phone number to one of your savings account...only one.

CPF paynow is to your registered phone number.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(10-09-2023, 02:53 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Your Pay now is linked via phone number to one of your savings account...only one.

CPF paynow is to your registered phone number.

Correct.
So TS also need to change phone number.
Sorry I overlooked that.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

If majority voted them means having trust and faith in their system and policy.
Why worry?

More than 750 cases of Android device users falling prey to malware scams were reported in the first half of 2023, with 11 involving the unauthorised withdrawal of Central Provident Fund (CPF) savings, said the police on Wednesday (Sept 13).

So far, what has Dead Dragon and useless Shoot Blank Queen done?

Android malware scam victims lost over S$10 million in first half of 2023: Police - TODAY (todayonline.com)

(10-09-2023, 01:00 PM)Clyde Wrote:  Cpf has removed all other methods of payment like cheque or Internet transfer. They only accept paynow

CPF has come up with face verification

As if scammers cannot intercept with AI photos where some available in FB

they must allow some elderly go the Bank Branches to withdraw their CPF

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ce-3594076