Can explain why can't S'pore go for zero case strategy like TW and HK?

They got their cases down to almost zero. Restrictions sre moderate and they still link cases to keep a tight lid.

Why do we need to go for current approach? 

Why not let cases fall to single digit near zero then open gradually from there keeping numbers down?

Why so eager to open tourism when few will come anyway ...Will not make much difference to economy.

Imagine in cases rise to the thousand then we start restrictions  to push number down it will be a challenging task and take much longer ....it will even be worse for economy.
And drag on much longer.

Just don't see any benefit of current strategy I think it is foolish.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

This maybe due to our mRNA vaccines focus. Vaccinated and can get infected. The others have the mixture. Our trace together is like useless. No more disclosure of unlinked cases to the public. The reporting reduced to 1 and late at night. More focus on the un-vaccinated.

If we have 1 fishery port for live fishes, we will have no good alternative when it is closed.

When we tried to open, the cases went up. Some countries have zero unlinked case strategy as their standard. The bubbles burst. We move to live with the viruses.

We still can have zero unlinked case strategy if we approve the booster shots for both mRNA and inactivated. The trace together becomes useful again.

Coffer going to empty liao. If dun open and refill coffer, eat what?  Taiwan is self sufficient, HK got mainland China as hinterland. You got what? ....... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

very easy to explain.

For TW and HK, the govt and the people are on the same side.

For Singapore, the govt and the people are on the different side.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(10-09-2021, 08:55 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  They got their cases down to almost zero. Restrictions sre moderate and they still link cases to keep a tight lid.

Why not let cases fall to single digit near zero then open gradually from there keeping numbers down?

Why so eager to open tourism when few will come anyway ...Will not make much difference to economy.

Imagine in cases rise to the thousand then we start restrictions  to push number down it will be a challenging task and take much longer ....it will even be worse for economy.
And drag on much longer.

OKY needs to be sacked or replaced.

Can we live with Covid if we have daily 1000 covid cases ?
In one month, we will have 30,000 cases in hospitals for observation.

Has he recruited extra nurses and doctors to take care of these daily 1000 cases ?

First, he needs to build a new hospital to take care daily 1000 covid cases in endemic for next 2 to 3 years.
Then Singapore can live with covid.

(10-09-2021, 09:22 AM)forum456 Wrote:  OKY needs to be sacked or replaced.

Can we live with Covid if we have daily 1000 covid cases ?
In one month, we will have 30,000 cases in hospitals for observation.

Has he recruited extra nurses and doctors to take care of these daily 1000 cases ?

First, he needs to build a new hospital to take care daily 1000 covid cases in endemic for next 2 to 3 years.
Then Singapore can live with covid.

If you sack OYK, another "OYK" from the same team will take over, no difference? Thinking

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(10-09-2021, 09:04 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Coffer going to empty liao. If dun open and refill coffer, eat what?  Taiwan is self sufficient, HK got mainland China as hinterland. You got what? ....... Rolleyes

We got Singapore spirit.
How come you need to worry for the rich? Thinking

Now it is the best time to unite the ppl...

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(10-09-2021, 09:43 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  If you sack OYK, another "OYK" from the same team will take over, no difference? Thinking

if you sack OKY, another one will not behave like OKY because all of them believe that they will never be sacked if they under perform.

You need to execute one disorderly palace maid so that the rest will march properly in the palace.

(10-09-2021, 08:55 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  They got their cases down to almost zero. Restrictions sre moderate and they still link cases to keep a tight lid.

And drag on much longer.

They already told you live with virus, you still dont get it? Thinking
0 zero case is not their priority now.

And drag on much longer.

taiwan is getting a few hundred new cases now.  It will be worse in the next few week.

taiwan has a bad policy.  In the past, the numbers were small because tw people is super KS and always wear masks.

WE do not have capable Govt like Hong Kong.

Their MTR is global services for other countries. Ours can only suck blood from local commuters.

Even their Labour Dept do not have 13 Years- old Mistake with such Employment Pass criteria. That is why do not have have Beggars Patch Work with 8 Stupid Sister- Agencies under MOM.

Look at how Tan SL works can tell, his PHD brain also cannot lead nor be better than Hong Kong Labour Dept.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(10-09-2021, 09:49 AM)forum456 Wrote:  if you sack OKY, another one will not behave like OKY because all of them believe that they will never be sacked if they under perform.

You need to execute one disorderly palace maid so that the rest will march properly in the palace.

How you know, it may be worse than OYK?
No guarantee it will be better than OYK.

And drag on much longer.

Really got zero cases meh ?? ...no temperature screening + no reporting of new cases = zero cases lah u dumbass

(10-09-2021, 09:51 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  How you know, it may be worse than OYK?
No guarantee it will be better than OYK.

if you don't sack the under perform, it will be even worse.
There is no chance to be better.

The right thing to do is to sack the under perform and then look for the right person.
There is chance to be better.

(10-09-2021, 09:55 AM)forum456 Wrote:  if you don't sack the under perform, it will be even worse.
There is no chance to be better.

The right thing to do is to sack the under perform and then look for the right person.
There is chance to be better.

These highest paid ministers are paid $millions.

They are expected to perform better than ministers in all countries.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(10-09-2021, 09:04 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Coffer going to empty liao. If dun open and refill coffer, eat what?  Taiwan is self sufficient, HK got mainland China as hinterland. You got what? ....... Rolleyes

PAP say we have lots of Human Capital as our Resource that is why we can be so rich and wealthy.

But FTs and their Dependents come here to either rob our existing resources or some, be a nuisance.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(10-09-2021, 09:50 AM)drgn Wrote:  taiwan is getting a few hundred new cases now.  It will be worse in the next few week.

taiwan has a bad policy.  In the past, the numbers were small because tw people is super KS and always wear masks.

Yesterday 4 cases....plse don't spread misinformation about hundreds of case:

[Image: RTV9Cwh.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(10-09-2021, 09:45 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  We got Singapore spirit.
How come you need to worry for the rich? Thinking

Now it is the best time to unite the ppl...
What spirit are you talking about? The seventh month is already over.

The Singapore you talk about is not there . Influx of FTs has divided the people of this nation. We do not have the unity like before as in pre 2000. Values have eroded. New citizen thinks they are better , smarter and richer than us locals. 

As for uniting the people it will be a difficult task as the people in power cater more to the newly influx group of new citizens. I may be wrong . Please correct me.

tomorrow will be a better day

aiya, hk Macau tw, they believe tcm liang teh helps in boosting immunity fighting covid. here ppl believe in ang moh teh only

they are not smarter than us but it's the belief that makes them fare better. make sense?

China with a population of 1.5 billion got how many infection currently? How come so quiet like no case? What they vaxed with?...... Thinking

Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

PAP gov ministers are just contradicting themselves...cannot have both ways to work.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

Endemic is an ill conceived idea ...we will go nowhere and turn ard ....go back where we started.

[Image: 6DgnimB.jpg]

(10-09-2021, 10:50 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Endemic is an ill conceived idea ...we will go nowhere and turn ard ....go back where we started.

[Image: 6DgnimB.jpg]
Can explain why will failed failed?.... Thinking

Carl Jung

The problem is we are not willing to learn from China!

Instead, we chose to ape after "developed world" which has failed miserably in handling the pandemic!

Very simple. Taiwan stat can be revised any time. They can say missed out some cases that are supposed to be reported a few months ago. Also, Taiwan approach is always no test no case.

MOH at least haven't pull this stunt yet, so I will still trust the number they released every night until they break that trust.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(10-09-2021, 10:56 AM)halya Wrote:  The problem is we are not willing to learn from China!

Instead, we chose to ape after "developed world" which has failed miserably in handling the pandemic!
We can't learn from China because China can afford to close border, we cant and we don't want to also.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

(10-09-2021, 11:12 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  We can't learn from China because China can afford to close border, we cant and we don't want to also.

We did close border but "leaked" for South Asians and "girl friends" to come in!  Tongue

(10-09-2021, 10:55 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Can explain why will failed failed?.... Thinking

In the endemic model
1.disease will spread. Ard 2% above 50yo and vaccinated  is known to die from disease 
2  based on our population size the deaths are in tens of thousands.
3. Unless we are prepared for so many deaths and ICU resources maxed out, there will be U trun.
4. When U turn  from high level it will take longer and makes things worse.

And drag on much longer.

Zero case strategy is for PAP MPS only. Read the below thread.

https://sgtalk.net/Thread-Why-PAP-suspen...is-endemic

(10-09-2021, 12:14 PM)forum456 Wrote:  Zero case strategy is for PAP MPS only. Read the below thread.

https://sgtalk.net/Thread-Why-PAP-suspen...is-endemic

If they tell Hawkers...bank tellers and public facing workers to continue....then why they themselves stop.