Can u all share what will happen if

in a GE,, PAP cannot get 2/3 majority. then how??? worse if parliament 54% PAP and 46% oppies.

That means our country will be very messy. who will be PM to appt minister???

now policy are make by mean of voting, No problem now cause PAP have more than 70% of the seat.

if they the PAP are only 54% or less than 2/3, how???

(30-08-2023, 04:15 AM)victortan Wrote:  in a GE,, PAP cannot get 2/3 majority. then how??? worse if parliament 54% PAP and 46% oppies.

now policy are make by mean of voting, No problem now cause PAP have more than 70% of the seat.

It is paramount that a Ruling Party should never have a supermajority for a democratic system to work

Only this will prevent Ownself check Ownself, ownself praise ownself, ownself raid own reserve

Why you guys dun understand this concept is very disturbing and disappointing to me
[+] 2 users Like Sentinel's post

Power corrupts, ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY

(30-08-2023, 04:47 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  It is paramount that a Ruling Party should never have a supermajority for a democratic system to work

Only this will prevent Ownself check Ownself, ownself praise ownself, ownself raid own reserve

Why you guys dun understand this concept is very disturbing and disappointing to me

this means who really run the country???

one party want this, but wont be able to get 70%. then how??

the country will be in limbo..

(30-08-2023, 05:18 AM)victortan Wrote:  this means who really run the country???

So common in so many countries, why you seem so surprised?

We should progress to a matured electorate, or be left behind.

(30-08-2023, 05:18 AM)victortan Wrote:  this means who really run the country???

So if vote in opposition, we have to vote in rational opposition like WP. Never vote in people like CSJ, Lim Tean, GMS etc. who are extremists and only seek confrontation.

(30-08-2023, 06:23 AM)winbig Wrote:  So if vote in opposition, we have to vote in rational opposition like WP. Never vote in people like CSJ, Lim Tean, GMS etc. who are extremists and only seek confrontation.

The way you confront with me, no one will ever vote you into anything

How is the feeling of the pineapple up your ass, plp?

(30-08-2023, 04:15 AM)victortan Wrote:  in a GE,, PAP cannot get 2/3 majority. then how??? worse if parliament 54% PAP and 46% oppies.

Change is a must once the system goes rotten 
If they have done a good job, why do they need to worry.

u mean true blue singaporeans finally see light at the end of tunnel?

(30-08-2023, 06:38 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  The way you confront with me, no one will ever vote you into anything

How is the feeling of the pineapple up your ass, plp?

2 days later, don't disappear from forum or change nick hor.  Rotfl

(30-08-2023, 04:48 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Power corrupts, ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY

Lord Acton

[Image: power-corrupts-lord-acton.jpg]

https://oll.libertyfund.org/quote/lord-a...utely-1887

Hahaha

I also worry one day sky will fall down lor

[Image: Screenshot-2023-08-30-07-43-55-28-680d03...270fe7.jpg]

You must be a time traveller from an earlier time.  As far as I know, ruling party has only 61% of the mandate Big Grin

that is why you need to vote for a President who can unify PAP and opposition under one umbrella.
this President must be someone whom PAP and opposition can work with.
the only candidate who can work with PAP and opposition is TKL.
Tharman and NKS cannot work with the opposition.

Malaysia is a good example where the govt is changed so many times due to the govt with 
insufficient parliament seats.
The sultan or the King is the unifying figure who can work with the govt and opposition to form the unity govt.

Similarly, our President Tan Kin Lian will be the unifying figure !

No worries, our parliament not like Taiwan....our people are civilised, not gonna throw chairs and microphones.... Laughing

(30-08-2023, 07:20 AM)You also horwinbig Wrote:  2 days later, don't disappear from forum or change nick hor.  Rotfl

You also hor, undress early for the pineapple shaft hor

(30-08-2023, 04:15 AM)Uvictortan Wrote:  in a GE,, PAP cannot get 2/3 majority. then how??? worse if parliament 54% PAP and 46% oppies.

Pap still have power even at 
51%
They should know why their votes are declining 
Better to delay increase of gst or banned further increase of gst 
The rising costs of living cause deep hatred between the people n the govt especially the lower income