What? Cashiers reject LKY $10 coin for payment

What coin is this?' Man tries paying with $10 Lee Kuan Yew coin, puzzling cashiers

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/what-c...g-cashiers

Laughing

of course

they are not common currency and they are not recognizable common currency

(19-09-2023, 11:41 AM)grotesqueness Wrote:  of course

they are not common currency and they are not recognizable  common currency

only those gong gong ones  who did not come to this forum to learn buy the coins
they expect earn big bucks just becos of lky face totally forgot 40 m issued not ltd edition!!

maybe in ard 50yrs later may appreciate to $12/*

Yes it is legal tender meaning u can deposit in Banks.
U cannot blame piper I take from when i use other hesitate beri troublesome.
Of cos u can call the cop.
Better u buy silver coin even beautiful one 1 0z say 80dola way beyond the silver price but the chance to get in folds always there.
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

Not interested in keeping past leaders image coins or notes

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

is it a legal tender? no it is a collector's item.

Smile last time back in good old days, i got use Brunei money buy things , the shop owner some do accept.

Now i don't know they will or not.

buyed and regret ?

Expected lah. Too new. But it is legal tender. If need money , deposit in bank account.

Why use it? Keep it and later sell on amazon.com . Dont sell on carousell.

Foreigners cant buy @ $10.

(19-09-2023, 02:25 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Expected lah. Too new. But it is legal tender. If need money , deposit in bank account.

Foreigners cant buy @ $10.

FTrs can buy. 3M reserve for sinkees. 1M reserve for FTrs. Total 4M

lky coin mas said is legal tender. so can used. but who will used a value> $10 coin as $10. can only said man not financially sane or the coin given to him or just trying to find trouble or may be to get more eye balls from the venture.

LKY already said he didn't not be iconised or worshipped. Maybe the cashier was just trying to respect his wishes.

Coin not acceptable in vending machine or cash payment machine. Same as Brunei's notes

(19-09-2023, 03:41 PM)Stoki Wrote:  FTrs can buy. 3M reserve for sinkees. 1M reserve for FTrs. Total 4M

Only citizens and PRs can buy. Others can only buy if there are left overs from the 4m coins here.

I am sure there will be demand from foreigners overseas.

Meaning the LKY notes also cannot use? Better use it now or else no value!

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

the guy no more money and need to use the LKY coin for payment ?

(19-09-2023, 09:32 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  the guy no more money and need to use the LKY coin for payment ?

He is just testing the public acceptance of a $10 coin and it seem most ppl still don't accept

(19-09-2023, 06:25 PM)sclim Wrote:  lky coin mas said is legal tender. so can used. but who will used a value> $10 coin as $10. can only said man not financially sane or the coin given to him or just trying to find trouble or may be to get more eye balls from the venture.

MAS also say 1c is legal tender. You try making payment using 1c.. See cashier will accept or not.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Cashier doesn't like the face on the coin lah.

4 million coins enough for circulation.

It’s fairly new and most people have not come across this new coin. They are afraid it’s a counterfeit and dared not accept the coins. Over time it will be accepted as a form of payment.

tomorrow will be a better day

(20-09-2023, 12:36 PM)surfer Wrote:  It’s fairly new and most people have not come across this new coin. They are afraid it’s a counterfeit and dared not accept the coins. Over time it will be accepted as a form of payment.

if i were the hawker also will not accept 
a fake $10 coin ?
if it is a fake $10coin loss only $1
fake $10 coin loss is 10 x

(20-09-2023, 01:10 PM)talky Wrote:  if i were the hawker also will not accept 
a fake $10 coin ?
if it is a fake $10coin loss only $1
fake $10 coin loss is 10 x

As I’ve mentioned the coin is fairly new and people may have just collected at the bank. So not many people or cashiers know of this new coins.

tomorrow will be a better day