Chan Chun Sing & Ong Ye Kung should resign since they can only get 2 votes or 11%

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...er-2629241

Fifteen of the 19 "stakeholders" – the Cabinet ministers, Speaker of Parliament Tan Chuan-Jin and NTUC secretary-general Ng Chee Meng – chose Mr Wong as their preferred leader, said the party's former chairman, speaking at a press conference at the Istana alongside Mr Wong and Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

With candidates unable to vote for themselves, this means three people did not cast their vote for Mr Wong as their choice to become the 4G leader.

None of the other options named garnered more than two votes, Mr Khaw added, in response to a question about how the other ministers ranked in the discussions.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

Alamak 2 votes only. That's so embarrassing. I will bite tongue and kill myself if this happens to me......... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Chan Chun Sing was a hot favourite.

why his ministers colleagues do not like him ?

Ver soon, he will be in the history and step down like Transport Minister Liaw ?

2 or less, could be 2, 1 or jero. not even suitable as deputy

One speak in elitist tone with head in the air. The other speak with fake accent and speak from above in the air.Both are clearly aiming for the power seat but made blunders offending sinkees. The chosen one is down to earth, speak in natural sinkee accent and give his best in the job

It so happen that LW got that chair
The others are just as important.
That's why is called a Party.

(16-04-2022, 06:22 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...er-2629241

Fifteen of the 19 "stakeholders" – the Cabinet ministers, Speaker of Parliament Tan Chuan-Jin and NTUC secretary-general Ng Chee Meng – chose Mr Wong as their preferred leader, said the party's former chairman, speaking at a press conference at the Istana alongside Mr Wong and Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

With candidates unable to vote for themselves, this means three people did not cast their vote for Mr Wong as their choice to become the 4G leader.

None of the other options named garnered more than two votes, Mr Khaw added, in response to a question about how the other ministers ranked in the discussions.
Isn't the stakeholders the voters like you and me?

Since when the 19 jokers are stakeholders, except for the fact that they also had 1 vote like you and me..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Party votes are different.
That's party election.
You and me cannot vote. 
You and me can vote in General election.

One has no Luck! N the other , talk without tinking, number of serious gaffes cheese people off.

To b the PM not easy. Heavens must bless u with lady luck, ability, capability, n all the EQ's - ea to ez , passes in charisma , personality looks, presentation, etc.
Bottim line, must score big wins in tge coming erection.

LW is not going to have it easy, since there're two strong contenders waiting for him to make blunders. If next election PAP lost even more seats then that is a good reason to change the leader.

Waloaeh! Here voting for leadership ma. No vote doesn't mean they are not the "Best".There is only one winner.No other better choice among them. "No fish , crab also good".😅

could aso be 0, 0

(16-04-2022, 06:42 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Isn't the stakeholders the voters like you and me?

Since when the 19 jokers are stakeholders, except for the fact that they also had 1 vote like you and me..

You got no "stake" in pap lah!  Tongue

(16-04-2022, 08:15 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  could aso be 0, 0

Actually can be anything within the not more than 2 guideline. Other ministers like gan or Desmond or whoever can also be among the 4 or actually 3 votes since lw cannot vote himself.

Cow didn't say only 3 candidates. He said he asked them to rank all except themselves.

If LW achieved only 50%++ of the votes in his GRC, then he will said runway too long. PM Lee getting old, cannot wait, he will step down and allow the next person to take over to lead the 4G.

(16-04-2022, 06:22 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...er-2629241

Very sad for both of them indeed lah.

only now then they realise they aren't popular among their colleagues

(17-04-2022, 07:29 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  only now then they realise they aren't popular among their colleagues

EQ is the most important criteria in the selection? Rotfl
无敌是寂寞的。Best one was not selected.
Now I know why OYK is not selected.
不懂易经真糟糕!
选王者,不是这样选的。

汉朝的时候,单单选个官位都要举孝贤。
到了后期,才有科举制度。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(16-04-2022, 06:41 PM)Migrant Wrote:  It so happen that LW got that chair
The others are just as important.
That's why is called a Party.
OYK yesterday got few days MC sick leaves no eye see ! Covid-19 endng soon...so many business affected by social distancing by him ?

Working as a team means no limitation.