Charlie Munger halved his stake in Alibaba

no matter how much u pumped into the market even though u are a billionaire,u still hv to admit defeat to the market.
the market is ALWAYS RIGHT.
LOOK AT GIC TEMASEK WARREN BUFFETT STILL HV TO CUT LOSS

Any investment can go wrong and lose money

I think Munger mistake was he borrowed to buy Alibaba.
When Alibaba plunged to 70$ he kena margin call and forced to sell

Munger may be one of the greatest investor of all time but I think he never study volatility of HK and China market ...deliberately triggering margin call is one tactic used by traders. For no reason s stock can move down 20% then next few days recover ...

In March 2022 riding on negative sentiment tye traders triggered many forced liquidation of margin position.

I believe Munger kena forced liquidation. But it is pocket change for him.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

thanks to Jack big mouth ..his baby will be slowly rip aparted and fed to the dogs

(13-04-2022, 03:06 PM)keys Wrote:  thanks to Jack big mouth ..his baby will be slowly rip aparted and fed to the dogs

True that is why I keep only small amount of Alibaba.
The CCP is very vengeful....any one that offend them they are vindictive.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(13-04-2022, 03:22 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  True that is why I keep only small amount of Alibaba.
The CCP is very vengeful....any one that offend them they are vindictive.

I think the vengeful is u. Incorrigible

Smile