Charlie Munger on Lee Kuan Yew and Singapore's Success

oldman doesnt want us to remember him
so why is this munger talking

He's knowledgeable about Singapore and the world. We'd do better to avoid over-investing in India. I don't know what the current leaders of Singapore are thinking.
[+] 2 users Like Blasterlord2's post

His assessment of India is right on.

....poverty, corruption and worst version of democracy ever....
[+] 4 users Like Alice Alicia's post

Both Charlie Munger and Lee Kuan Yew knew enough of CECAland to avoid that shitehole.

That's why Berkshire Hathaway invested heavily in BYD of China and pulled out of CECAland in 2013.

Only the kumgong in the person of Lee Hsien Loong signed the CECA agreement with India and Singapore became the biggest investor in India.

Tiu nia seng!

(27-03-2023, 12:37 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  He's knowledgeable about Singapore and the world. We'd do better to avoid over-investing in India. I don't know what the current leaders of Singapore are thinking.

(27-03-2023, 12:39 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  His assessment of India is right on.

....poverty, corruption and worst version of democracy ever....

He (Charlie Munger) is right, we should not have invested in this  shithole........................ Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

It's like this.

Singapore was successful

Past success and ways to success don't guaranteed future success.

Just look at Japan. Look at Kodak. Look at IBM. Look at GE
They did not change when they needed to! NOW THEY ALL ARE GOING DOWNHILL BECAUSE THEY HANGNON TO PAST SUCCESSFUL PRACTICES.

Constant ability to change is the only way to prolong success.

You past success and past leaders are often a hindrance to your future success because you keep clinging onto their coat tails long after they turn irrelevant.

Because Singapore leaders keep clinging on to things LKY said and are no longer relevant today.  We head downhill.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(27-03-2023, 03:52 PM)debono Wrote:  He (Charlie Munger) is right, we should not have invested in this  shithole........................ Big Grin

Ford motor also run road