Song Boh! Fed raises interest rates half a point to highest level in 15 years

The Federal Open Market Committee voted to boost the overnight borrowing rate half a percentage point, taking it to a targeted range between 4.25% and 4.5%.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/12/14/fed-...-2022.html

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

By Mar 2023, we shd see 5% interest rate for US. It wont stop at 5%.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Let see UOB will raise the rate to how high.
4.45%…

I will transfer out all my fund out from DBS…
I have already redeemed my old SSB bond which was 2%.

This level of rate is not sustainable and the market knows it. Look at US 10yr yield remaining at 3.5% points to end of rate hikes coming. US recession is a certainty and will come as soon as early next year.

[Image: axHlUTX.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

[Image: 8jmXeM6.jpg]

Look at the overnight HIBOR if has collapse from 3.5 to 2.1% as the banking system in HK became flush up with money and few borrowers.

Same will happen in Singapore as economy slows the SORA will plunge ...the FD rate is not sustainable. To pay FD of 4% to the bank needs to lend out at 5% ...there are no takers. They can just get cheap funds paying sora rates.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Will squeeze everyone to compensate the West until the Dollar gets dethroned by the Yuan?
[+] 1 user Likes Odessy's post

(15-12-2022, 07:34 AM)Odessy Wrote:  Will squeeze everyone to compensate the West until the Dollar gets dethroned by the Yuan?

Their selfish action will expedite the dethroning of USD.
The fall of US empire is coming.
Be prepare not to hold too much USD on hand.
24T USD debt not holding by Fed is scary sia.

[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

Banks must be flush with FD now. Interest rates will not raise much further.

(15-12-2022, 08:36 AM)mikotan Wrote:  Banks must be flush with FD now. Interest rates will not raise much further.

Banka take in 4% fixed deposit by the billions ...People even transfer the CPF monies SRS en masse  .

Now the bank has to lend the money out at 5% to make money. If demand is not there due to economic slowdown ...what happens?

Our CPF has no increase in interest rates yet?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers?