US is making inflation worse by forcing factories to return

Some more force TSMC to build its plant there. Given the low productivity, yet higher wages of the US workers, that is going to drive up cost of chips. Your electronics are going to cost more in the future.

You have a point.

I hope China will have a breakthrough in Chips technology. SMIC will over take TSMC.

(13-12-2022, 08:10 PM)OutBreak Wrote:  I hope China will have a breakthrough in Chips technology. SMIC will over take TSMC.

if they have they would have done it............

5000 years ago!

Chip manufacturing is a high value-added product. The TSMC annual report showed that payroll and labor costs including marketing were less than 10%. Even if that labor figure were to double, don't think it is going to affect us much; moreover, TSMC will have to compete with other chip manufacturers in other regions

https://investor.tsmc.com/static/annualR...html#p=387

(13-12-2022, 08:10 PM)OutBreak Wrote:  I hope China will have a breakthrough in Chips technology. SMIC will over take TSMC.

They are already trying very hard and the China govt is pumping in resources to build up China semi-conductor industry. Whether they reach and overtake I am not sure just wait out and see. All I know is back in the early 90s where I am teenager, China of that time aren't that so advanced layman terms. Now is year 2022, just 30 years? they have proven me they can make it.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(13-12-2022, 08:23 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  if they have they would have done it............

5000 years ago!

U negative prick Laughing

Smile

(13-12-2022, 08:49 PM)sgh Wrote:  They are already trying very hard and the China govt is pumping in resources to build up China semi-conductor industry. Whether they reach and overtake I am not sure just wait out and see. All I know is back in the early 90s where I am teenager, China of that time aren't that so advanced layman terms. Now is year 2022, just 30 years? they have proven me they can make it.

There is no doubt that China is able to produce Chips, cos they had advanced technologically by leaps and bounds in the last 20 years........ Clapping Gesti-109

(13-12-2022, 08:35 PM)revealer Wrote:  Chip manufacturing is a high value-added product.  The TSMC annual report showed that payroll and labor costs including marketing were less than 10%.  Even if that labor figure were to double,  don't think it is going to affect us much;  moreover,  TSMC will have to compete with other chip manufacturers in other regions

https://investor.tsmc.com/static/annualR...html#p=387

Less than 10% and that was made chips were made in Taiwan. It's going to be much higher if made in the US. 

How can it not affect us if labour cost were to double?

(13-12-2022, 09:29 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Less than 10% and that was made chips were made in Taiwan. It's going to be much higher if made in the US. 

How can it not affect us if labour cost were to double?

As long u don't buy US electronics u r safe lah. Later can't sell to China sure die cok standing. Rotfl

(13-12-2022, 09:39 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  As long u don't buy US electronics u r safe lah. Later can't sell to China sure die cok standing. Rotfl

Dun forget Singapore buys a lot of defence equipment from the US.

(13-12-2022, 09:44 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Dun forget Singapore buys a lot of defence equipment from the US.

PAP no choice....it's their $. Laughing